Back to Back Tourist Visas?

Are there any issues with getting back-to-back tourist visas?

I am winding down on my ED visa, and I was REALLY looking forward to studying a 2nd year of Thai, but with the new changes I am reading about, I don't want anything to do with it. 2 hours per day for 4 days per week? That's an insane amount of work for one single subject nonstop without breaks. And when you add in the commute time back and forth from your school and additional tuition cost, it's just unreasonable.

Instead I would prefer to just hire a private tutor and stay here on a tourist visa. I'm thinkin about going to Vientianne and trying for a double entry and doing 2 30 days extensions to get a total of 6 months stay. This is a way better option for me, and I can study at a normal pace.

Now, my only question is- Is there any issues with getting back to back double entry visas in Vientienne? I know things are always changing, but is this a problem? I have one double entry visa from a year and a half ago that was issued in the US, a couple of older "on arrival" visas and 1 ED visa in my passport. How many visas can I get before I start getting problems and they don't want to give me any more?

The new ED rules are terrible. The only thing that they should have required was for the school to provide original handwritten/signed attendance sheets and a 80-90% attendance record, so the people who were not attending class and abusing the system would not be allowed to stay. Those of us who went to class every day and studied are getting screwed.

Now, my only question is- Is there any issues with getting back to back double entry visas in Vientienne? I know things are always changing, but is this a problem? I have one double entry visa from a year and a half ago that was issued in the US, a couple of older "on arrival" visas and 1 ED visa in my passport. How many visas can I get before I start getting problems and they don't want to give me any more?

There is no issue, as you never obtained on there. You can also use Savannakhet Laos where the double entry visa is issued the same day.

• 1 month later...

There is no issue, as you never obtained on there. You can also use Savannakhet Laos where the double entry visa is issued the same day.

I obtained my ED visa there. Will they deny me a multi-entry tourist Visa if I request one now that my ED visa is ending?

I obtained my ED visa there. Will they deny me a multi-entry tourist Visa if I request one now that my ED visa is ending?

No, there's no reason to deny you. Tourist visa is single or double entry, not multiple.