how to get flight put back ? sick and cannot travel on flight

dirtycash

tried to ammend my return flight today, its costing an absolute fortune with the agent, i only want to extend by 1 week , ive heard people say go to a doctor and pay him a few baht to give me a sick line stating i cannot fly due to sickness / dizziness /nausea is this true ?

what is best way to get flight ticket put back a week , get insurance ?

Try calling the airline direct. Be nice. Some are helpful, most aren't.

Next time if there is any possibility that you may need to change your ticket, just buy a flexible ticket in the first place or check how much the penalty will be for changing. The whole point about the cheapest tickets is that they arent flexible.

If you tell them you recently visited West Africa they might change their minds!

But seriously, I did read that many people with ebola like symptoms were flying on their booked flights because they were afraid of losing out financially. I think some airlines flying in Africa may have changed their refund/rebooking policies to help these people out, but not sure of that.

It could be because that the New tickets are more exoensive.

I.e. Week 1 is 100usd fir a ticket

Week 2 is 200usd

You buy week 1 ticket and Call to change to week 2, and get charges the diff

If thats the case, and you dont have a flexible ticket, its Quite fair imo

i want to put my return flight back around a week, if i buy insurance now then what way can i work it to stay in thailand longer, insurance will not be a problem i will buy the best policy today in uk.

i have no work to return to in uk when i come back so hence i want to stay longer but the agent is chaging me extremely high price to change.

i want to put my return flight back around a week, if i buy insurance now then what way can i work it to stay in thailand longer, insurance will not be a problem i will buy the best policy today in uk.

i have no work to return to in uk when i come back so hence i want to stay longer but the agent is chaging me extremely high price to change.

If its the return portion of your ticket then speak directly to the airline.

I have changed mine a few times over the years and its gone from £0 to around £100 or more now to do this.

Good luck.

You want to buy insurance for something you know is going to happen? If you manage to buy it, which is highly unlikely, it will be a fraudulent claim.

You can try the airline directly, but if they're smart they just refer you to the agent from whom you bought the ticket. Non flexible ticket is just that, non-flexible.

• Like 1

i have a good travel insurance with my bank now, say something unseen happens such as i lose my passport on day im meant to return home, what happens then ?

i am flying with emerites by the way from dublin to bkk

Edited by dirtycash

So, you've purchased a return ticket and haven't travelled yet. Then you decide that you want to change the itinerary. If everybody chopped and changed their itinerary at the drop of a hat, then the airlines would lose money hand over fist, hence why they want to charge you an additional fee.

I suspect that you've probably marked your card with the airline now and you won't get much joy if you change your date when you arrive in LOS. You may also have noticed that it's high season.

You should also be careful in making a subsequent insurance claim as it may be deemed as fraudulent.

• Like 1

i have a good travel insurance with my bank now, say something unseen happens such as i lose my passport on day im meant to return home, what happens then ?

i am flying with emerites by the way from dublin to bkk

Good, so if something unexpected happens, like a death of a close relative, your insurance will cover for that. But a change because you have nothing else to do anyway, naw.

You will have to check the T&C of your "premium insurance". Nobody here know what they cover and what not. But I guess if you loose your pasport it's not covered by your insurance. May if it's stolen, but again, we don't know your T&C.

Anyway it's necessary in all situation, that the insurance was valid before you leaved the UK. It's useless to buy the insurance if you are already abroad.