Chonburi Court decides British children future

webfact

I hope the courts will give the Mother a lengthy sentence on the abduction charges. Cannot even think what agony Mr.Day have been going through for 2 months without his girls.

I kind of wonder what the girls felt about it. Were they unwilling to stay with their mother but coerced? Did they really want to be returned to their father's custody? I would suppose yes, but these questions are not asked.

• Like 1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a fool to return here and risk his kids , no matter how "Honorable" he thinks he is

Well ExPratt it turned out he was not a fool. A great result for him and the kids from a well understanding Judge, seems you never read the whole story, well done Mr Day.

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

He's a fool to return here and risk his kids , no matter how "Honorable" he thinks he is

Well ExPratt it turned out he was not a fool. A great result for him and the kids from a well understanding Judge, seems you never read the whole story, well done Mr Day.

And he knew he'd win before he came did he ?

Child custody hearing are notoriously unpredictable as i found from my own children

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Child custody hearing are notoriously unpredictable as i found from my own children

I find that when I've had a bad experience, I tend to be critical of similar situations, even though they might involve persons that I have no relationship to.

I find that when I've had a bad experience, I tend to be critical of similar situations, even though they might involve persons that I have no relationship to.

Very true buddy , Im still a bit bitter and twisted about it and Ive had full custody for 4 years. Horrible feeling worrying about losing your kids either legally or illegally. Good luck to the fella, he must have gone through hell when they were abducted , thats why I find it difficult to understand why he returned

I am not too sure about the specific reason the judges found in his favour ''the judges made it clear to her that the case would be decided based on the opinions and wants of the children'' children are by all accounts children and children's personal adolescent preferences should not be the issue. The simple facts are that this woman broke the law, abducted the girls and went on the run for 2 months. I can understand the wants of the children and it is clear the social services in the UK have made it clear the children's wants are covered. The children's opinions should have no bearing. Well done sir.

How bizarre. I was adopted by my "dad" (I only ever knew him as my dad as he married my mum when I was 3 or something) because of passport issues. When I went to the adoption court the judge was quite clear in asking me what I wanted and if I was happy etc - I was 10 years old at that time. He also asked my opinions regarding the set up at home and so on. He seemed to be more interested in hearing from me than anything else. As you say though, well done sir! He did the right thing, the right way and will not have any need to worry about the courts from now on. Now all we need is that foul looking bitch to be locked up for a few years.

I am looking at it from a general point of view in that a child has no knowledge of life's trials and what would be best. How can a child know what is good for him or her without any experience? Offer a 10 year old a bedroom full of play stations and toys and he will fall for it. This is why we humans have one of the longest parental nursing in the animal kingdom. Everyone can say they know whats best for the child and this is debatable, on the other hand logic dictates the child can not say this.

I am not too sure about the specific reason the judges found in his favour ''the judges made it clear to her that the case would be decided based on the opinions and wants of the children'' children are by all accounts children and children's personal adolescent preferences should not be the issue. The simple facts are that this woman broke the law, abducted the girls and went on the run for 2 months. I can understand the wants of the children and it is clear the social services in the UK have made it clear the children's wants are covered. The children's opinions should have no bearing. Well done sir.

How bizarre. I was adopted by my "dad" (I only ever knew him as my dad as he married my mum when I was 3 or something) because of passport issues. When I went to the adoption court the judge was quite clear in asking me what I wanted and if I was happy etc - I was 10 years old at that time. He also asked my opinions regarding the set up at home and so on. He seemed to be more interested in hearing from me than anything else. As you say though, well done sir! He did the right thing, the right way and will not have any need to worry about the courts from now on. Now all we need is that foul looking bitch to be locked up for a few years.

I am looking at it from a general point of view in that a child has no knowledge of life's trials and what would be best. How can a child know what is good for him or her without any experience? Offer a 10 year old a bedroom full of play stations and toys and he will fall for it. This is why we humans have one of the longest parental nursing in the animal kingdom. Everyone can say they know whats best for the child and this is debatable, on the other hand logic dictates the child can not say this.

Unless of course there's been violence or something equally nasty in the child's life, it might be the only opportunity the child has to let people know? This case is a good example, the mother is obviously unbalanced and the children should be given the chance to tell their experiences

Unless of course there's been violence or something equally nasty in the child's life, it might be the only opportunity the child has to let people know? This case is a good example, the mother is obviously unbalanced and the children should be given the chance to tell their experiences

Well yes of course child abuse is a different ball game for obvious reasons. If you are relating to this case specifically then i have not read the children have been physically abused to be honest. The mother did a silly thing, maybe out of desperation and love for her children, who are we to judge. We don't know all the facts if we are to be honest with ourselves. For all we know they may have had an agreement in the beginning and he has gone back on promises made. Like i said we just do not know and we can speculate all we want. I would not strictly say she is unbalanced, Christ, if my wife took of my my daughter and i felt i would never see her again i am sure i could potentially do something similar. Does not mean i am unbalanced it mean i am in desperation.

Equalizer: "Well yes of course child abuse is a different ball game for obvious reasons. If you are relating to this case specifically then i have not read the children have been physically abused to be honest. The mother did a silly thing, maybe out of desperation and love for her children, who are we to judge. We don't know all the facts if we are to be honest with ourselves. For all we know they may have had an agreement in the beginning and he has gone back on promises made. Like i said we just do not know and we can speculate all we want. I would not strictly say she is unbalanced, Christ, if my wife took of my my daughter and i felt i would never see her again i am sure i could potentially do something similar. Does not mean i am unbalanced it mean i am in desperation."

Sorry equalizer but kidnapping children and hiding them from their father and legal guardian as well as the police,moving them into some village with their new Norwegian "Dad" is abuse however you look at it. It's also illegal. You say maybe they had an agreement and he went back on it? The man brought his children to Thailand for their visit with the mother, tell me how he's broken the agreement? The courts seem to agree as they have reinforced the guardianship of th children and given the mother a once annual right to see the children providing she pays all flights and expenses. She is also looking at criminal charges for kidnapping them. That's abuse, there is no other way to dress it.

I doubt they'll overturn it but as mentioned it can be traumatic for the kids. We had to go inside the Udon Thani Juvenile prison as that is where the child services are in Udon. I wouldn't risk it , you never know what they'll do

You still haven´t read the whole story:

"

Her attempts to gain custody of the children fell on deaf ears this week as the judges made it clear to her that the case would be decided based on the opinions and wants of the children, together with reports on their current home environment and that they are not possessions to be demanded but rather young people with lives ahead of them.

British social services provided excellent references for both Mr Day and his present partner, and both children were questioned in the UK, with full reports made and given to the courts here and those reports were duly translated into Thai for the convenience of the family court.

In what is almost a landmark decision, The Chonburi court has given FULL custody to Mr. Day for both girls, affording the mother an annual visitation provided that she pay for the travel costs and that the girls WISH to visit"

I must have got a landmark decision as well , as that's what I got

I had a very long drawn out battle about my kids , lots of sleepless nights thinking I was going to lose them. Even of there was a 0.1 % of things going wrong I would not risk losing them. Also as mentioned it isn't a nice process for the kids. Legal custody of Children in Thailand is treated like a dispute over property basically if you are a farang you have to buy them. No she did this , she did that , they courts are generally uninterested

So the mother lost them.No winners here.