Trashed airplane

NamKAheng

Everytime I travelled with a majority of people from South East Asia and North East Asia, when we come out of the plane after the flight it is a mess, everything you can think is on the floor. Every trash they got they throw it on the floor, not forgetting the blankets and the pillows. On my last flight Montreal to London, we landed and going out I notice nothing on the floor, no trash at all, same thing on a flight LA to New York and London Abu Dhabi.

What is it in their culture that make them do it?

The worst I saw was on a flight Hong Kong to Bangkok, 2 dirty diapers on the floor.facepalm.gif

Mod, feel free to put it on another forum if it is more appropriate.

Edited by NamKAheng

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

from what i read it is the Chinese who lead the league in the petty theft department certainly not saying other nations don't partake in this type of theft it seems that less press

A friend in the airline biz says the flights out of Israel have the most items pocketed. Cutlery, salt and pepper shakers, stuff like that.

• Like 1

The good old days of classy and quality people flying are looooooooong gone. Remember the days when one would dress up in ones finest suits, arrive at the airport early and follow every instruction issued by air crews to the detail? Well those days are loooooooooong gone.

These says it's been replaced by this new generation of 'everything's about me' . People do as they please with NO CONSIDERATION or ReSpEcT for others.

Economy travel is like the worlds trailer trash all crammed in a tube with 3 or 4 normal folk & I pity those poorbastards that can't afford to be carried further fore in the aluminium tube.

The human gene pool is looking real ordinary........people should really need to qualify for passports, stop these a.holes from flying for goodness sake.

If I were a pilot these days, I'd want an ejection chute in the a/c and if I left one port with 300 I'd probably arrive at the next stop with 20.

Scum everywhere.

Good old days of very good airlines, like Wardair.

Here's a picture of the economy class meal

attachicon.gifWardair Class 4.jpg

Those were the days MrIce.

The good old days of classy and quality people flying are looooooooong gone. Remember the days when one would dress up in ones finest suits, arrive at the airport early and follow every instruction issued by air crews to the detail? Well those days are loooooooooong gone.

These says it's been replaced by this new generation of 'everything's about me' . People do as they please with NO CONSIDERATION or ReSpEcT for others.

Economy travel is like the worlds trailer trash all crammed in a tube with 3 or 4 normal folk & I pity those poorbastards that can't afford to be carried further fore in the aluminium tube.

The human gene pool is looking real ordinary........people should really need to qualify for passports, stop these a.holes from flying for goodness sake.

If I were a pilot these days, I'd want an ejection chute in the a/c and if I left one port with 300 I'd probably arrive at the next stop with 20.

Scum everywhere.

I reckon AirAsia have a LOT to answer for.

I recall with dismay one of their initial advertising mantras proclaiming happily, "Now everyone can fly!"

Shortly after my first (and only) transit through their LCC terminal cowshed at Kuala Lumpur, I was compelled to admonish, "... but I wish these buggers had used the bus instead."

Howdee NL.

Correct you are Sir.

The entire industry has gone down the gurgla.

Madness is now the norm.

It's minimum business class for me now......can't deal with it anymore

• Like 2

Been on a Chinese train, bus recently? Been in a Chinese restaurant?

The floor is one huge bin, it is their thinking. Maybe it saves time. Chuck everything on the floor and do one big sweep up at the end of the journey or night.

• Like 2

Ive heard flight attendants say premium economy passengers can be the worse, as the passengers think they are shit hot and can do what they want because they payed more

I agree. I travel to Thailand with EVA and have to pass through from economy past premium economy and that area is always a mess compared with the economy section. I travel from UK to Spain at least twice a year for breaks and never seen puke or beer all over the floor. In fact got delayed coming back from Tenerife last year a few passengers got too pissed up and were denied boarding. I think airlines are still pretty hot, not allowing drunks on the plane.

Edited by ToneG

Partly to blame is the airline staff / policy. Some airline staff and at some flights they come through the isle after every serving of food, drinks, hot towel, etc to collect the rubbish. At other (mostly) night time flights you hardly see any staff collecting the garbage. Well then of course everything ends up on the floor. Where else to put it? Better on the ground than in the seat pocket.

• Like 1

30 years ago planes were like cattle trucks. In 2014 planes are still like cattle trucks. Give me a boat anyday.

You're right you get herded in. But if you've only got 3 weeks to get a holiday from UK to Thailand that's you're only choice unless you've got the money to go higher class. Still though people could still be more respectful to other travellers and the airline staff that serve them.

• Like 1

I flew into BKK from Kolkata, India on Indigo Air on Oct 31. Mid flight I was dozing off when the air became saturated with, with, with the smell of fresh hot baby shit. The very well dressed woman with a huge phone, across the aisle was changing her baby's loaded diaper on the empty seats next to her.

Man it was bad. Even the Indian's were turning around socked and dismayed. And believe me India is drowning in in the stuff.

The flight attendants just walked by and glanced over like nothing was happening. This nut just stuck the diaper in the seat pocket!!! The putrid smell got more intense and just hung there.

Makes ya wonder...

• Like 2

Thais don't "nick" things from planes or in general. They are quite civil and polite. Although I have many good Chinese friends and I really enjoy China, one thing that is noticeable and quite irritating (though it has improved by leaps and bounds over just a few years) is the Chinese propensity to take things from aircraft that they shouldn't, including cutlery, maybe even the life jackets, perfume in the bathrooms, even the safety card! Even more annoying are those impatient passengers who unbuckle their seats and are starting to walk around the cabin when the plane has barely come to a stop after landing! That prompts an angry "SIT DOWN!!" from cabin crew, especially on foreign airlines such as Thai (this only applies to flights to/from China, or within China).

As a regular on the THAI Bangkok-Kunming-Bangkok flights, I've noticed things have definitely improved since 2009, the first time I flew to Kunming and indeed my first time to mainland China. Back then it was completely uncivilized, chaos reigned supreme. However, these days it's only a minority of Chinese passengers in my experience that still "act up"; it seems more and more are becoming well travelled these days and with improved manners. Even on Chinese domestic flights same thing, nothing much to report about.

Scum everywhere.

Good old days of very good airlines, like Wardair.

Here's a picture of the economy class meal

attachicon.gifWardair Class 4.jpg

Those were the days MrIce.

the sad part is we will be calling these the good old days all too soon