Tuk-Com Basement Food Court: Lao Steak.

SheungWan

For the first time in a long time a new place has opened. Run by what appears to be a husband and wife team Lao Steak has pushed the boat out and is offering dishes at the princely price of 60 baht which is more expensive than most of the other places. I just wanted to mention 2 dishes: the fish steak with salad and the spaghetti with bacon. Both are excellent value and the fish dish comes with 2 sauces on the side. Worth trying out IMHO.

• Like 1

Wasn't TUKCOM supposed to close and another one open somewhere else ?

I think there is or was a new one being built around Soi Xcite area, but I was told that they would both be open, the old and the new. However this was back in June 2013 when I was last in Patts - things may well have changed.

Anyone have any update?

I think there is or was a new one being built around Soi Xcite area, but I was told that they would both be open, the old and the new. However this was back in June 2013 when I was last in Patts - things may well have changed.

Anyone have any update?

I thought the new Tukcom was going to be near Foodland on Central Pattaya Road? I go by often, but am normally trying to avoid crazy drivers so don't have much time to glance around! 5555

Anyone have any update?

I thought the new Tukcom was going to be near Foodland on Central Pattaya Road?

Yes, it seems to be coming on quite well. There is some other low-rise shopping centre also being built in the same area.

Last I heard the Soi Xcite area is going to be a covered market for tourists like Made in Thailand opposite Central. There was a newspaper report about it somewhere recently, which I think was echoed on here. We all know how much Pattaya needs more covered markets selling t-shirts and luggage.

I was surprised that they didn't put a monster condo building on Xcite: it's a huge plot.

Anyone have any update?

Yes, it seems to be coming on quite well. There is some other low-rise shopping centre also being built in the same area.

Last I heard the Soi Xcite area is going to be a covered market for tourists like Made in Thailand opposite Central. There was a newspaper report about it somewhere recently, which I think was echoed on here. We all know how much Pattaya needs more covered markets selling t-shirts and luggage.

I was surprised that they didn't put a monster condo building on Xcite: it's a huge plot.

There was an effort to make the new Avenue development on Second Road a serious alternative to TukCom, particularly on the first floor, but it never took off.

An inflammatory troll post has been removed:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Anyone have any update?

Soi Xcyte has a regular weekend night market in the parking lot these days, if there isn't a concert or carnival rides thingy. Haven't been into the market but the GF likes it. Interestingly, the two hardware markets, side by side, on the 3rd Road side of the park are gone! Real shame that. Bought many things there.

The new low-rise retail complex near the new Tuk.com seems to have a skin care centre as lead tenant. Yawn . . . When the new Tukcom comes online, I cannot imagine what kind of traffic jam will ensue. It's bad enough already all day long without it. With one beach-bound lane blocked many times for right-turners into Foodland, what will happen when the other two big complexes with a massive increase of traffic do for beach-bound traffic? Frightening!

On topic: thanks for the food tip, OP. Always liked Lao food.

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

Is it part of the successful Steak Lao chain or a copy place?

Its not part of any chain. A once off.

I need new glasses: it is called Steak Lao, not Lao Steak. Mind you, you would have difficulty confusing the place with an established chain. A few falangs observed sampling the wares today lunchtime.