What is the best book/s to learn Thai?

scubascuba3

I found the online dictionaries very helpful, especially the ones that speak the word(s) out loud, you can listen to the same word or phrase over and over. Headphones helped to stop me annoying others while I had phrases repeated.

I found the online dictionaries very helpful, especially the ones that speak the word(s) out loud, you can listen to the same word or phrase over and over. Headphones helped to stop me annoying others while I had phrases repeated.

Any link or name I can google so I can get the correct one?

on a side note with this - I didn't use Poomsan Becker's "lessons" but ended up using the books TONS and great for laying foundation for speaking, vocab, read/writing etc either way. Perhaps following the books in succession and on a chronological order may make more sense but to each their own. I found they helped me most with REALLY finding out the real sounds of some of the more difficult letters, vowels, and tone rules. In conjunction with friends, dictionaries (farangdude84), and then after your reading is ok -any written Thai material.