Electricity cost in Thailand?

digo

I need to stay in Bangkok for few months, so i went to ask in a building for an small apartment. The cost of the rent its okey, but they told me they will charge for the electricity "10 baht per unit".

Usually i use my laptot the whole day so, how much you think could be the total amonut per month of electricity?

Im not an expert about the "units".

Any advice? thank you...

10 Baht is more than double the government rate (about 4.1 Baht).

Your laptop isn't going to use much, but if you are paying for the power used by your aircon you may get a shock, particularly if you like Arctic conditions.

• Like 1

thanks a lot...well, its a simple apartment. no aircon thankfully, i guess i will have to buy a fan.

And, i dont know if i would argue with the owner about the price of the electricity (i wont take that risk)

So then, a laptop wont use too much power?

10 baht per unit is way too much , the landlord is trying to steal money from you! But it all depends on how much you pay for the rent and location etc. Anything under 7 baht per unit is acceptable but the best you can hope for is government rates 4.1.

Another quality tourist. Thailand should introduce the the old electricity slot meters.

Some cuntries have very expensive electricity for sale. Thailand is NOT one of them.

Did you know that electricity travels at over 300,000km/h.

I know it travels at the speed of light or very close can't be bothered Googling it.

Another quality tourist. Thailand should introduce the the old electricity slot meters.

Some cuntries have very expensive electricity for sale. Thailand is NOT one of them.

I know it travels at the speed of light or very close can't be bothered Googling it.

If I'm telling you, you can take it to the bank ;)

Others here constantly question my knowledge but I've most likely forgotten more things today than they've learnt in their lives. You know how it is ;)

If I'm telling you, you can take it to the bank wink.png

Others here constantly question my knowledge but I've most likely forgotten more things today than they've learnt in their lives. You know how it is wink.png

I'm more interested to see if the OP can produce 20k baht at Swampy.

• Like 1

Sounds more like another DP.

The CCs that come on here and want a condo with swimming pool, exercise room and free WiFi, all for less than 5k per month, but must be on the BTS/MRT line.

10 baht per unit is normal in the type of place the Op will be staying, the cheapo rent is usally an indicator, wait 'til he gets his water bill.

Knew a guy who stayed in a place with a 500 baht per month standing charge for water, irrespective of how much was used.

Before leaving the condo in the morning he used to turn on all the taps, and they wonder why there is a water shortage in some places.

• Like 2

Actually it's per second, something like 9/10ths speed of light in a wire, give or take, but who's counting?

Op, that is steep, but if a nice pad near the Skytrain, guess you have to suck it up. But lappies don't use much juice anyway, something like 40-50 watts, so you'd have to work for 20 hours a day to draw one unit, which'd be 10 baht. Aircons and hot showers are what you should worry about.