Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

Questions asked-- no problem if they are legit, But who reported that he Quote " blew his top " ??? who decided to put this into a topic this way ??

inviting anger, and TVF are wanting to conform to no harsh criticism----- then blasts this heading here. This week there have been more and more invitation to the PM haters, but yet feed them fodder for replies.

Headlines need to be scaled down and fair. so as everyone no matter what opinion can comment without inflated topic headings.

awwww it`s no fun when it`s not like it used to be, when everyone was too scared to speak out laugh.png Cheering team yellow is only fun when people don`t bite back I guess wink.png Just blame Thaksin, isn`t that the usual trick?

I think everyone can see the tide is changing, bit by bit people are speaking out against this charade. 2015 is going to be a huge year in the Kingdom

Ha Ha, I see there is no mention of the years2011-2014 ?? they were HUGE losses years weren't they ?? I will blame anyone who cannot govern as sworn to do so, so if Thaksin was in that bracket if the cap fits.

I will also blame the PM if he gets it all wrong, but will refuse to jump on the TVF slag the PM clan just for the sake of it. we call that an agenda NOT individual opinion.

If some clan members think that M/cycle taxi- beach clean up-jet ski--SOME freedom of speech--is going to bring down the PM they need their heads seeing to.....................Thai people decide and will when the time comes NOT the wind up merchants on TVF.

You are dribbling inanely again Ginjag. We are not discussing Thaksin. The PM could be caught on camera committing the most heinous crime imaginable and you'd still find a way to say "Thaksin did it". You're an endless loop.

And just for the sake of it? Read a little of the offshore analysis of this deal. There are vast unexplainable sums of money in his asset list? Any any transparent society he would be subject to intense scrutiny and a large amount of media questioning - and he aware that he would have to deal with it. I know this may be too complicated for you.

Tullinagardy brought Thaksin into the post, blame him, I replied. you only see what you want to see. Still awaiting the verdict on Y. she was never an Eberenzer Scrooge with Thailands money. But we are not allowed to compare are we.. Only allowed to bash Thailands PM..

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good answer from the Premier.......

Well no it is not.

He is a PM and as such he is open to all sorts of questions including his personal life.

He declared the asset!

" Prayut reported in his assets declaration that a part of his assets came from proceed from of a land sale by his father for Bt600 million that was shared among his siblings."

What has his father's business got to do with him, an asset was gained and reported!

Do you seriously believe that his father's assets are totally clean? That maybe his father's assets are free from military corruption? Get real, dude.

Questions asked-- no problem if they are legit, But who reported that he Quote " blew his top " ??? who decided to put this into a topic this way ??

inviting anger, and TVF are wanting to conform to no harsh criticism----- then blasts this heading here. This week there have been more and more invitation to the PM haters, but yet feed them fodder for replies.

Headlines need to be scaled down and fair. so as everyone no matter what opinion can comment without inflated topic headings.

Yes, after further research of the topic it seems that this issue is being used to tarnish the image of the new pm and most of the tarnishing is in anti coup media sites. Just goes to show that the divide in politics is still simmering and the need for reform is paramount to healing old wounds.

Since when is The Nation an anti coup media site? Seems like they were very pro coup during the protests.

The PM doesn't quite understand the meaning of martial law. All rights, including privacy, are suspended. Maybe he should consider revoking martial law, and then he, and all Thais, can have their privacy and other rights restored.

• Like 1

Good answer from the Premier.......

Well no it is not.

He is a PM and as such he is open to all sorts of questions including his personal life.

He declared the asset!

" Prayut reported in his assets declaration that a part of his assets came from proceed from of a land sale by his father for Bt600 million that was shared among his siblings."

What has his father's business got to do with him, an asset was gained and reported!

Do you seriously believe that his father's assets are totally clean? That maybe his father's assets are free from military corruption? Get real, dude.

Are your father's assets clean?

My father's were!

You get real, dude (dude. Sweet. Dude. sweet. Dude. Sweet. dude etc etc etc)

• Like 1

There are some things that should be kept personal for the general, however this huge amount of family wealth is not one as it's of public interest. How dare reporters and posters discuss it, you will hurt his feeling's.

It was his father's land that was sold and Prayuth disclosed that he got a share of the proceeds. He didn't say it was the maids or drivers. The company mentioned wasn't set up by him but by the purchaser!

Non story really!

What the hell does my father's and your father's assets have to do with a Thai military general's father's assets?

And by the way, thanks for the sweetness!

There are some things that should be kept personal for the general, however this huge amount of family wealth is not one as it's of public interest. How dare reporters and posters discuss it, you will hurt his feeling's.

It was his father's land that was sold and Prayuth disclosed that he got a share of the proceeds. He didn't say it was the maids or drivers. The company mentioned wasn't set up by him but by the purchaser!

Non story really!

What the hell does my father's and your father's assets have to do with a Thai military general's father's assets?

Exactly!!!

Non story really!

My father is a retired iron worker, he built bridges in New Jersey and New York, his assets were nil. Spent all on his 5 sons'

education.

Do you not think it odd that someone in a high military position, whether it be here, or anywhere else, say Ameriker, has such gross family wealth? Or, are you that ignorant?

Edited by templedog

Non story really!

My father is a retired iron worker, he built bridges in New Jersey and New York, his assets were nil. Spent all on his 5 sons'

education.

Do you not think it odd that someone in a high military position, whether it be here, or anywhere else, say Ameriker, has such gross family wealth? Or, are you that ignorant?

ARE YOU?

Non story really!

education.

Rich families in Thailand tend to have members in the Armed forces or Police. It is what it is!

Land prices in Bkk have risen DRAMATICALLY over the past 20 years.

Example of prices here :

http://m.ddproperty.com/en/property-for-sale?listing_sub_type=&listing_type=sale&region_code=TH10&district_code=TH1050&area_code=TH105001&property_type=L&minbed=&maxbed=&minprice=&maxprice=50000000&freetext=

For reference 3 rai is just over 1 acre!

Edited by casualbiker

It looks like the Thai military are the richest military in the world too.

Let's stop bitching Ginjag for one minute and have a wee ponder as to how a General, and other Generals in positions of power and influence can possibly amass such fortunes through serving their country ???

Are you not in the least bit concerned or interested how these fortunes we're gained ?

Stop being such a hypocrite when finger pointing at the Shiniwatras for a moment and think rationally as to how on earth is it possible for High Ranking Thai a Officers to obtain such wealth ??

You know they say there's no smoke without fire, and he might be the PM but surely you simply cannot dismiss that these assets are indeed quite astonishing????

Gambling is illegal in Thailand, what exactly do you think you're doing when investing on the Stock Exchange ??? If the reason for these fortunes is from such a venture!!!

Fatty!! You walk the walk....Ginjag does not.

Edited by templedog
  • Like 1

Usual type of response from the 'Elite' of this country. May as well have come right out with it and said ''How dare a minnion like you ask such an honest question ''.

Reform my arse....that's only for unimportant people !

+ what about Sutheps land purchase in Nakhon Si Thammarat that was somehow conducted when the land registry office was closed, shut down by PDRC supporters and his and his family's assetts were frozen? That one was nicely swept under the rug as well.

Well gingag even though we have been at logger heads and you have your opinion it's becoming evident that either you are just trolling and baiting or Yingluck and Thaksin has tone your head in.

Your requesting other posters not to include your name in their replies yet you continue to use others and that is double standards.

If we didn't have different opinions then forums like this would not exist to vent our feelings.

Believe it or not gin I like some of your points that you make and I enjoy the robust debate as we all do but your doing yourself no favours with your undying love for the junta.

Gin I'm all for demroracy and freedom of the press and had circumstances been different and it was the yellow dems kicked out out by the junta I would still be calling for a return to demroracy. .

Demroracy might not be the best system but it beats what ever comes second!

You have to remember. It works both ways, when Abhisit was in power it was bash bash----then along came Yingluck we are not allowed our view of that regime, far far more bad, and no bashing from some of this clan, now the PM is in power it's bash time again.

We never had democracy with PTP if you do believe that then something wrong upstairs.

Why don't I do my self favours because I am happy at this moment to go along with him, as for your Quote " undying love for him" you are not doing yourself any favours.

You are not going to get this dream democracy unless something change here, but you still think the PM kicked out democracy-your deluded. So the question comes back to my point, Until Thai democracy is snuffed out and reality sets in then we can move forward.

If you guys want to hack me down for some truths -up to you. LOVE OF THE PM No WAY go along with it YES YES YES.

Whilst there are the fools and optimists on the forum the main paradox of life is what goes round comes round. That applies to those who perceive they are better then others as well as those from less fortunate backgrounds. Those that cheat others and those that fools others into cheating.

Just wait and see and you will find life is a great leveler.

Usual type of response from the 'Elite' of this country. May as well have come right out with it and said ''How dare a minnion like you ask such an honest question ''.

+ what about Sutheps land purchase in Nakhon Si Thammarat that was somehow conducted when the land registry office was closed, shut down by PDRC supporters and his and his family's assetts were frozen? That one was nicely swept under the rug as well.

You mean his son's!!

Well gingag even though we have been at logger heads and you have your opinion it's becoming evident that either you are just trolling and baiting or Yingluck and Thaksin has tone your head in.

Your requesting other posters not to include your name in their replies yet you continue to use others and that is double standards.

If we didn't have different opinions then forums like this would not exist to vent our feelings.

Believe it or not gin I like some of your points that you make and I enjoy the robust debate as we all do but your doing yourself no favours with your undying love for the junta.

Gin I'm all for demroracy and freedom of the press and had circumstances been different and it was the yellow dems kicked out out by the junta I would still be calling for a return to demroracy. .

Demroracy might not be the best system but it beats what ever comes second!

You have to remember. It works both ways, when Abhisit was in power it was bash bash----then along came Yingluck we are not allowed our view of that regime, far far more bad, and no bashing from some of this clan, now the PM is in power it's bash time again.

We never had democracy with PTP if you do believe that then something wrong upstairs.

Why don't I do my self favours because I am happy at this moment to go along with him, as for your Quote " undying love for him" you are not doing yourself any favours.

You are not going to get this dream democracy unless something change here, but you still think the PM kicked out democracy-your deluded. So the question comes back to my point, Until Thai democracy is snuffed out and reality sets in then we can move forward.

If you guys want to hack me down for some truths -up to you. LOVE OF THE PM No WAY go along with it YES YES YES.

Lucky Thailand finally has a democracy now then, not?

Restrictions on press freedom to stay: Prawit

Edited by Anthony5

@ CASUALBIKER.............

Oh, and that is an excuse for his gross family wealth....and do you honestly believe that the Oh!!--Oncha family wealth stops at what they've declared? Ever heard of an off-shore bank account? Dude, sweet, dude, oh so ever sweet dude, discover the reality that stands outside your door.

What difference does it make that the buyer set up a company 7 days before the purchase? What is wrong with that?

What difference does it make that Prayuth's father sold land for 600m baht?

The question that should be asked is where Prayuth's father got the land in the first place.

Maybe he got it completely legitimately ... ... ... whistling.gif

• Like 1

What about Taxin and Ying have no privacy rights ?

Sounds like tip of an iceberg for the new government.

No, one is a convicted fugitive and the other is under investigation for criminal negligence.

The general's father is neither. Your post is lacking in thought and fact.

Ah, so that must mean it's all above board then. In your view only when the name is Shinawarta transparency is needed. Maybe you should take your own advice before you post such nonsense.

What are the facts? Do you have facts that the general's father is corrupt? The Shins are indeed corrupt. The facts are there. Perhaps you should learn a bit of reason and logic before you post such nonsense.

Edited by Local Drunk

Non story really!

It maybe a none story but he is the self appointed pm who's goal is to wipe out corruption as other things. He needs to practice what he preaches and allow people to scrutinise his affairs, it probably is all legit so why worry?.

If he was voted in then these questions could and would have been asked before hand, we just don't have that privilege.

When you are in the public eye you have to be whiter than white, you always have to expect difficult unexpected questions, it comes with the job although its not on the job description.

Not as easy you think this Prime Minister thing!

You surrender some of your rights to privacy, especially financial privacy, when you enter government. This is especially true for government employees who are in a position to influence government spending, such as generals and PM's.

At least that's how it works in countries that try to limit corruption.

Unfortunately, the overuse of the word "transparency" during June and July has now been replaced by "understand".

As in, please understand why there is no transparency...

You mean his son'

Everyone know this.....I don't follow, nor defend, any such tribe. I only comment on the actions by either party, red, yellow, military, etc....

I happen to think they ALL suck. I just see it for what it is. I have been outspoken about the Shins, the Yellows in the same manner,

and now it's the Royally stamped Military coup.....it is all the same.....business as usual. Nothing positive will come from this. It is simply

a mind massage for you to get back to your shopping whilst the "powers that be" can get on with their hoarding. Any takers?

• Like 2

Then why not be transparent .

That's what it's all about according to the attitude adjustment happiness rules!

Question : how did the journalists and the world at large know about the land transaction!

answer : via Prayuth's declaration.

" In tracing the transaction of land sale by General Prayuth Chan-ocha, as disclosed in the NACC’s assets declaration list, Prayuth indicated that his father sold nine plots of land in Bang Bon district on 9 May 2013 to the 69 Property Co. Ltd. for 600 million baht. "

What about Taxin and Ying have no privacy rights ?

Sounds like tip of an iceberg for the new government.

No, one is a convicted fugitive and the other is under investigation for criminal negligence.

The general's father is neither. Your post is lacking in thought and fact.

Ah, so that must mean it's all above board then. In your view only when the name is Shinawarta transparency is needed. Maybe you should take your own advice before you post such nonsense.

What are the facts? Do you have facts that the general's father is corrupt? The Shins are indeed corrupt. The facts are there. Perhaps you should learn a bit of reason and logic before you post such nonsense.

How long is this government in power and how many reports of corruption within the government have surfaced already?

Lets start with the microphones, that was when they were only in power for a few weeks, and regardless that it was claimed that the dealer had taken them back and refunded, they are still in use.

Anyone else?