Prayut blows his top when asked about father's land sale

webfact

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all is above board and legal then just open the books for everyone to see.

Why do people involved in the most corrupt game out the there believe they have the right to privacy.

No one is asking for a photo of his sex organs just his finances.

• Like 2

Why do people involved in the most corrupt game out the there believe they have the right to privacy.

He declared his finances. People are asking about property his father sold 18 months ago.

Any Minister has the right to privacy. But when it comes to such a large sale in the nearest family, it is fair game for the journalists questions. I still think it is better to have a Premier with some passion, instead of a puppet that only reads a script, and doesn't answer any further questions.

Yingluck couldn't even answer the Ombudsman's question about the new passport her cousin issued illegally as a birthday present to her criminal fugitive brother. Still silence on that subject from her.

The PM's father sold some land and apparently made gifts to his children from the proceeds. The PM as a recipient declared that.

But the Shin supporters judge everyone by their own standards so suspect every transaction to be corrupt in some way like most of their boss's.

Not everyone who is critical of the PM or Junta are Shin supporters, you generalise people too much.

You make a good point. I have been called red shirt each and every time I expressed a different idea from Suthep protests, and against army "intervention".

They even do not bother to look at the fact that life and world is not black and white. And never took a look at my signature as well...

• Like 2

Assistant army chief Lt Gen Preecha Chan-o-cha, who is the younger brother of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, has 79.8 million baht in net assets shown in page 5. However, he seems to have forgotten to add several bank accounts found on page 6 of the declaration. As Prayuth has said, a general is not an accountant. Son like Father I guess.

post-171049-0-71697100-1416396296_thumb.

post-171049-0-67138100-1416396310_thumb.

Show me a Thai General that is NOT a millionaire.

One million baht = $30,500

It is even less British Pounds, but what is the relevance of that.

A average worker in Thailand earns less than 3000$ a year, but JoeBlow had actually dollar millionaires in mind.

Joeblow doesn't realise he's in Thailand then!

And you will be pleased to know average salaries are now about $4,800 a year.

" The Income and Expenditure of Household in 2013 (First 6 Months )

- Average monthly income per household 25, 403 baht (increase 4.6% of 2011 )

- Average monthly expenditure per household 19, 259 baht (increase 5.2% of 2011 )

- Average amount of debt per household 159, 492 baht (increase 8.7% of 2011 )

I would have thought that you knew the difference between a worker and a household, or is it that you just do as if you don't know to make float your boat. A household in Thailand is usually more than 2 person.

Edited by Anthony5

A average worker in Thailand earns less than 3000$ a year, but JoeBlow had actually dollar millionaires in mind.

- Average monthly expenditure per household 19, 259 baht (increase 5.2% of 2011 )

I would have thought that you knew the difference between a worker and a household, or is it that you just do as if you don't know to make float your boat. A household in Thailand is usually more than 2 person.

And you obviously cannot be bothered actually putting your brain into gear. A household may be 2 working persons and dependents (sometimes just one working) the figures posted clarify each other in as much as a households income is approximately 2 average incomes. Amazing what you can work out when you take your head out of your arse!!

PS : I have absolutely no idea what this means!

" or is it that you just do as if you don't know to make float your boat"

On the booze early are you?

impose an heritance tax, but just to be sure, he wants to avoid it just a little bit ... as his part would have been paying 60 million baht on a 600 million estate ...

DO WHAT I SAY, DON'T DO WHAT I DO

Back tax for something from 18 months ago for law that hasn't even been enacted yet?

Assistant army chief Lt Gen Preecha Chan-o-cha, who is the younger brother of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, has 79.8 million baht in net assets shown in page 5. However, he seems to have forgotten to add several bank accounts found on page 6 of the declaration. As Prayuth has said, a general is not an accountant. Son like Father I guess.

Old news. This came out early October! Edited by casualbiker

He declared his finances. People are asking about property his father sold 18 months ago.

declared what he wanted to declare that's all

Why are they using a Virgin Islands company to buy land anyway.

Where do they pay taxes?

Rich Thais paying taxes? That's stand-up comedian material, except it's not really funny.

did they say the father sold the land to a BVI company? I assumed it was a Thai company because foreign companies can't buy land in Thailand.

And you obviously cannot be bothered actually putting your brain into gear. A household may be 2 working persons and dependents (sometimes just one working) the figures posted clarify each other in as much as a households income is approximately 2 average incomes. Amazing what you can work out when you take your head out of your arse!!

You would like to continue in my native language ?

Keep going my friend, soon you will say that in Thailand a worker earns more than in the US or Europe.

Only wonder how that is possible with the minimum wage still below 300Baht a day in 67 provinces.

Why are they using a Virgin Islands company to buy land anyway.

Where do they pay taxes?

Rich Thais paying taxes? That's stand-up comedian material, except it's not really funny.

did they say the father sold the land to a BVI company? I assumed it was a Thai company because foreign companies can't buy land in Thailand.

If his father sold the land then why does it appear in the asset declaration in the first place - does he not have a bank account of his own? Edited by Orac

Well good example of witch hunt. Previous elected governments had to answer questions related to the family or even to the maid. Only way to reconcile is equality and this kind of question is a good start. If he can not as being PM take heat he should move aside and let someone else lead.

Keep going my friend, soon you will say that in Thailand a worker earns more than in the US or Europe.

Only wonder how that is possible with the minimum wage still below 300Baht a day in 67 provinces.

My answers to your questions.

1) No thanks. Against forum rules.

2) Some workers earn more here or the same as the US or Europe (probably not equivalent workers/jobs though)

3) The minimum daily wage of 300b is for all 77 provinces as of 1 January 2013. And it is a minimum wage generally for unskilled day workers. Therefore there are many other skilled workers on much higher salary. Does your country of origin have a minimum wage, are ALL employees only earning minimum. Off course not!

2) Some workers earn more here or the same as the US or Europe (probably not equivalent workers/jobs though)

3) The minimum daily wage of 300b is for all 77 provinces as of 1 January 2013. And it is a minimum wage generally for unskilled day workers. Therefore there are many other skilled workers on much higher salary. Does your country of origin have a minimum wage, are ALL employees only earning minimum. Off course not!

1) fine with me, you would only make a fool of yourself anyway

2) As you say SOME earn the same, look up the definition of some.

3) fine I missed that one.

Now let's say that EVERY worker in Thailand earns the same monthly wage as his counterpart in Europe. How many in your home country do you know who are dollar millionaire?

If his father sold the land then why does it appear in the asset declaration in the first place - does he not have a bank account of his own?

His father's land sold for 600m baht. Prayuth a got 146m baht share. I'm not sure why the land is even mentioned but maybe the declaration has to show recent (18 months+ ??) transactions. That's something Thaksin forgot to mention when he declared his assets in 2001. (btw ... that's not a "but Thaksin" comment, just a reference to "recent transactions".)

Oh, foreign companies can do whatever they please if they're in bed with the military. Especially at the moment.

A foreign entity (person? company?) was a "major" shareholder (not majority shareholder) in the company that bought the land. That's actually allowed, you know? Foreigners are allowed to own up to a 49% share in land.

1) fine with me, you would only make a fool of yourself anyway

2) As you say SOME earn the same, look up the definition of some.

3) fine I missed that one.

Now let's say that EVERY worker in Thailand earns the same monthly wage as his counterpart in Europe. How many in your home country do you know who are dollar millionaire?

It would seem that according to the newspapers 1 in 35 Londoners are dollar millionaires. As for the rest. Honestly can't be bothered looking!

Source : http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2014/aug/05/london-millionaire-capital-world-city-new-york-tokyo

As for your answer to question 2. My answer adequately answers your original ..

any way. Enough already. There is not enough information available to fully understand this situation.

Which is strange as it's been 18 months since the original transaction and 6 weeks since Prayuths financials were made public!

The fact is that land prices have soured in Bkk and surrounding suburbs. Any land originally purchased more than 20 years ago is worth many many times it's original purchase price.

Edited by casualbiker

impose an heritance tax, but just to be sure, he wants to avoid it just a little bit ... as his part would have been paying 60 million baht on a 600 million estate ...

Back tax for something from 18 months ago for law that hasn't even been enacted yet?

A bit like trying to prosecute someone for an alleged offence under a constitution that has already been torn up!

But this potential disaster for Prayuth has nothing to do with the proposed inheritance tax.

A bit like trying to prosecute someone for an alleged offence under a constitution that has already been torn up!

But this potential disaster for Prayuth has nothing to do with the proposed inheritance tax.

Even though many parts of the constitution are "torn up " doesn't stop any alleged offences while it wasn't "torn up"

"has nothing to do with the proposed inheritance tax."

I know that. I've been saying that. You've been too busy incorrectly labeling to notice.

If his father sold the land then why does it appear in the asset declaration in the first place - does he not have a bank account of his own?

His father's land sold for 600m baht. Prayuth a got 146m baht share. I'm not sure why the land is even mentioned but maybe the declaration has to show recent (18 months+ ??) transactions. That's something Thaksin forgot to mention when he declared his assets in 2001. (btw ... that's not a "but Thaksin" comment, just a reference to "recent transactions".)

His declaration showed the money coming to him and then he transferred 466.5m baht out to family members which apparently included his father.

Sometimes even though the road takes many turns you end up right back at the beginning. Then you need to work out a different way to get to your destination.

Until there is a change in thinking and corruption is in retreat Thailand will forever come back to the beginning - that is the essence of corruption - the most corrupt have the most money to buy the corrupt seats of power and so the cycle continues. It is no use bleating about bad government when corruption is the very instrument that ensures bad government - as well as the theft of assets belonging to the country whether directly such as possibly the rice scheme or indirectly through taxes that are not paid on undisclosed income from private corruption. It is traitorous and those guilty should be treated as such.

The irony is that they remain wealthy and are molly coddled by the West for their own interests - altruism is dead here! Altruism is dead in the Diplomatic services of the West and the Western Governments too - with the exception that there is a tiny idea of benefit to the home nation as regards the West turning a blind eye for trade or military positioning whereas the home nation Thailand only suffers from it all.

One would hope that being really rich would make you a little more flexible about paying taxes and being transparent and charitable but it seems to work the other way with a few notable exceptions. What a sad inditement of humanity.

• Like 1