Thai/farang In The News Again

GuestHouse

It starts with a old news and continues to something even more familiar(?)

Read Past the First Few Paragraphs.

Quote from story,

"The attraction of female submissiveness might be reprehensible, but it is none the less real. Who doesn't like having their clothes washed, their meals cooked"

My god, I never knew it was submissive to have your clothes washed and meals cooked.

Where have I been?

All those years of cooking and washing clothes that I did in the West. I did it because my Western wife was an abysmal cook and I tired of having pink underwear because she could not seem to separate the white clothes from the red ones before she washed them.

I thought I was being practical. But after reading that article I find I was being submissive.

No wonder all her feminist girlfriends liked me.

Interesting read, but amazes me how many stupid <deleted> do not use protection. :o

Stupid <deleted> #1. It was a long tailed tuxedo shirt. I can’t tell you what happened because it is too embarrassing but starched cotton is stronger than latex.

Stupid <deleted> #2. Wife stopped taking birth control pills and didn’t tell me.

Stupid <deleted> #3. Wife could not have children, her doctor verified this.

Stupid <deleted> #4. Oh honey I didn’t know that some antibiotics cancel the effects of birth control pills or see #2.

I do love my four daughters but I got a vasectomy after #4.

My god, I never knew it was submissive to have your clothes washed and meals cooked.

Good for me I am only half submissive then. I do occasionally cook though & have been known to mop his brow so am probably 79% submissive. :o Oh hang on, that can't be right, I'm English, we dont take care of our partners. Only those submissive thai women do that :D What planet are these people on, really :D

Quote from story,

"The attraction of female submissiveness might be reprehensible, but it is none the less real. Who doesn't like having their clothes washed, their meals cooked"

Where have I been?

All those years of cooking and washing clothes that I did in the West. I did it because my Western wife was an abysmal cook and I tired of having pink underwear because she could not seem to separate the white clothes from the red ones before she washed them.

I thought I was being practical. But after reading that article I find I was being submissive.

"Who doesn't like having their clothes washed, their meals cooked and their brow smoothed by a soft and loving hand?"

"By a soft and loving hand", that's what you missed and to be honest with you most of the western women that corespond with the description, rarely cook or wash clothes, fortunately some people are too busy to eat at home and that washing machines are now widely available :o .

Anyway, I find this theory somehow exagerated, there still are some pretty, loving and good western ladies out there, not as many as in Asia, but enough...as for the unprotected sex part, that's a real stupid thing to do.

Guest endure

Quote from story,

Where have I been?

All those years of cooking and washing clothes that I did in the West. I did it because my Western wife was an abysmal cook and I tired of having pink underwear because she could not seem to eparate the white clothes from the red ones before she washed them.

"Who doesn't like having their clothes washed, their meals cooked and their brow smoothed by a soft and loving hand?"

How can someone who spends all their time washing clothes and cooking meals have a 'soft and loving hand'.? :o

A good friend of mine, who has several kids and decided enough was enough, got a vasectomy. Well, his wife just announced she's pregnant. He didn't tell her about the vasectomy. And yes, they did confirm his vasectomy was successful!

###### good story I thought.

I don't know how many of that kind of story I have read, back I always manage to get a laugh out of it, sometimes a nervous smile or chuckle through embarrassment at having done that and for being so stupid, or a relieved kind of smile, snigger at not yet falling for that one.

Good reading though.

Speaking of god writing and memories, has anyone been reading the Bkk Post and Roger Crutchleys articles. First class.

Good vasectomy story Scott.

I read this story and things read fairly similar to a story of mine. I did the DNA test and found out the same conclusion, not mine. Its a wild roller coaster to go through that.

I guess that makes me a <deleted>.

Interesting read, but amazes me how many stupid <deleted> do not use protection. :o

I agree Brit,

Never shag a bird without first placing armed guards at all exits :D

Condom failure rates run between 5 and 15%.

Personally I thought it was fairly stereotypical, lazy writing. It just re-inforces the view amongst the average Telegraph reader, that all Thai girls are hookers looking to ensnare some poor, innocent farang guy using their evil hyponitc sexuality. He, of course, was naive and completely in love, before getting his heart broken.

It could equally have been written as I went to Thailand and had unprotected sex with a prostitute and made her feel as though she had a future and a way out of this life. I went home and forgot about her until she called me to say she was pregnant. I immediately assumed she was a lying, scheming whore and made the baby take a DNA test. Luckily I was in the clear. I went out to celebrate by getting very drunk and having more unprotected sex.

The truth is, of course, probably somewhere in between the 2 stories. Hope he had a full health check up afterwards.

Personally I thought it was fairly stereotypical, lazy writing. It just re-inforces the view amongst the average Telegraph reader, that all Thai girls are hookers looking to ensnare some poor, innocent farang guy using their evil hyponitc sexuality. He, of course, was naive and completely in love, before getting his heart broken.

It could equally have been written as I went to Thailand and had unprotected sex with a prostitute and made her feel as though she had a future and a way out of this life. I went home and forgot about her until she called me to say she was pregnant. I immediately assumed she was a lying, scheming whore and made the baby take a DNA test. Luckily I was in the clear. I went out to celebrate by getting very drunk and having more unprotected sex.

The truth is, of course, probably somewhere in between the 2 stories. Hope he had a full health check up afterwards.

Are we talking about the same article? The article I read in the Telegraph was rather generous spirited and showed compasion for the girl.There was no suggestion all Thai girls are hookers and why on earth do you think "average Telegraph readers" -as opposed to readers of the Mirror, Sun etc- have an opinion one way or the other.You talk about stereotypical and lazy writing.Pot and kettle mate, pot and kettle.

Bravo! You are a voice of reason, my good man!! :o

Edited by Egon

Are we talking about the same article? The article I read in the Telegraph was rather generous spirited and showed compasion for the girl.There was no suggestion all Thai girls are hookers and why on earth do you think "average Telegraph readers" -as opposed to readers of the Mirror, Sun etc- have an opinion one way or the other.You talk about stereotypical and lazy writing.Pot and kettle mate, pot and kettle.

Generous spirited??? You must be joking. Or then again it probably is generous to a Telegraph reader considering that their views of looking after the poor is to reinstitute the workhouse etc.

This black article serves no other purpose than to denigrate poor Asian women desperate to find a way out of poverty while sanctifying the promiscuity of a privileged Telegraph reader - he almost got "scammed" - oh, poor him! :o

Edited by Egon

I tried to point out in my earlier post this story has been floating around on the net for a number of years.

It appears the writer of the Telegraph article has used the original story changed it slightly and added it to a news item to make it look better. The Telegraph version is nearly word for word from what I remember of the original story years ago.

The article was in the Telegraph, therefore it would be read by Telegraph readers, hence why I wrote 'the average Telegraph reader' would make assumptions. If it had been in the Sun or the Mirror, I would have said the average Sun or Mirror reader.

The gist of the article is that he had a short fling with a bargirl who became pregnant at around the same time, and that she claimed the baby was his. The average Telegraph reader would skim the article and draw the conclusions that

1) What a nice guy the writer is, being prepared to stand up and face his responsibilities. What a hero. Hurrah!

2) What a bitch that prostitute is, by attempting to deceive that poor man. Boo hiss!

What about the following quote:

"Thai women often see their older, wealthier white partners as saviours in all situations, such as pregnancy or gambling debts. And when the saviour fails, the reckoning can be painful."

Sort of stereotypes Thai women as poor, promiscuous gamblers, just crying out for an older rich man to ride in on his white horse and save them from a life of misery.

The article was in the Telegraph, therefore it would be read by Telegraph readers, hence why I wrote 'the average Telegraph reader' would make assumptions. If it had been in the Sun or the Mirror, I would have said the average Sun or Mirror reader.

The gist of the article is that he had a short fling with a bargirl who became pregnant at around the same time, and that she claimed the baby was his. The average Telegraph reader would skim the article and draw the conclusions that

1) What a nice guy the writer is, being prepared to stand up and face his responsibilities. What a hero. Hurrah!

2) What a bitch that prostitute is, by attempting to deceive that poor man. Boo hiss!

What about the following quote:

"Thai women often see their older, wealthier white partners as saviours in all situations, such as pregnancy or gambling debts. And when the saviour fails, the reckoning can be painful."

Sort of stereotypes Thai women as poor, promiscuous gamblers, just crying out for an older rich man to ride in on his white horse and save them from a life of misery.

I have read the article again and there is simply no basis for your assumed conclusions 1) and (2 of the average Telegraph reader.May I politely suggest you are assuming malice and prejudice where there really is none.

The final quote is I agree not phrased in a particularly subtle way, but nevertheless has more than a grain of truth in it.

Well at least she was smart enough to get a room in Bangkok ! Geographically shes positioned herself well for the other guys who were reeled into the same trap, being the other guys who banged her without wearing a condom !

The 3 guys she met in Pattaya, the 5 guys she met in Bangkok, the other 2 guys she met in Samui, Phuket..... at least they didnt have to go any further than a 300 baht taxi ride from Don Muang to downtown Bangkok !! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Who would have thought a telegraph writer getting down with the natives. He is right about the attraction of female submissiveness might be reprehensible to him but he is the one doing it. My Thai wife knows a bit of Thai boxing she can kick his a##e if it would make him feel better. He should get out of the whore houses a see a bit more he might be pleasantly surprised. Anyway about the main story why is it you only hear about the bad things that happen in Thailand?

Answer: money.

Sounds to me like the Telegraph reporter was the one who "inhabits the blurred moral zone". Makes himself sound like a victim when he shags a girl, leaves her, considers doing nothing when confronted with possible parenthood... and all apparently because she uses Fairy Liquid to do the dishes and so has "soft hands"... :o

As if there isn't enough lady-bashing and Thai-bashing without articles like that.

I tried to point out in my earlier post this story has been floating around on the net for a number of years.

It appears the writer of the Telegraph article has used the original story changed it slightly and added it to a news item to make it look better. The Telegraph version is nearly word for word from what I remember of the original story years ago.

Read the same story( later part) in 2005, as well.

what a load of xxxxxxxxxxxx ive been asking my thai wife for years why shes not like all those nice lovely submissive wives doing washing mopping my brow etc that iread about - she just cracks whip and says im late with her tea in bed

but seriously Thai and eastern wimen are more feminine more gengle kinder but not submissive Ive travelled the world for to long but everywhere normally the lasy is queen and above her king in home - this is normal and in my view right but if my wifes anytihng to go by bye they are not subservient or down trodden or anytihng like that - id really like ot see person who could do that to - juk - the love of my life

and sorry folks western women in general not all have forgotten how to be women i mean beutiful kind sensual caring forgiving and loving and in my case here in return my wife gets care respect love tenderness and as i tihnk it should be i bring home backon

finally i do help with washing up - altohugh she says dont your useless at it - i do look after kid sometimes i do take wahsing out to dry if i have time etc - our thai friends find that strange but i do

Sorry for poor typing mixture of being dislexic poor typing skills and trying to be to fast - :o really nothing to do with beer :D heres a bit better version

what a load of xxxxxxxxxxxx ive been asking my thai wife for years why shes not like all those nice lovely submissive wives doing washing mopping my brow etc that i read about - she just cracks whip and says im late with her tea in bed

but seriously Thai and eastern wimen are more feminine more gentle kinder but not submissive Ive travelled the world for to long but everywhere normally the lady is queen and above her king in home - this is normal and in my view right but if my wifes anything to go by bye they are not subservient or down trodden or anything like that - id really like to see person who could do that to my wife - juk but true - the love of my life

and sorry folks western women in general, not all, have forgotten how to be women i mean beutiful kind sensual caring forgiving and loving and in my case here in return my wife gets care respect love tenderness and as i think it should be i bring home the backon

finally i do help with washing up - although she says dont your useless at it - i do look after kid sometimes i do take wahsing out to dry if i have time etc - our thai friends find that strange but i do