Germany's Merkel toughens tone with Russia's Putin

webfact

As long Germans would not be ruled by morons as Cameron they will be safe and sound. I'm not a German but admire her attidudes talking to Putin and set up the sanctions against Russia. She is by far the most powerful leader in Europe at least.

Speak for all Germans, do you? Fact, I know quite a few and have family there and they are sick and tired of having her as their 'ruler'. Many many Germans do not want to be part of the EU but are cajoled deeper and deeper into it by gutless politicians who care only about their own ideals. You slag off Cameron, and while he isn't my favourite Martian, at least he has a pair of stones with a mind of his own that stands up to this anachronistic, money-wasting club called the EU. With that, be under no illusion Merkel is some kind of messiah acting against the grain for the betterment of mankind, she is merely conforming and going with what the EU desires... if very late in the day, I may add. Btw, FYI, these people are not rulers, they are mouthpieces for THEIR people.

poor comment. I'm very sure that Angela Merkel was elected by almost half of the votes. The opposition in the German Parliament is to be neclected, means the majority agrees with Merkel. So your "friends" do not represent any significant group in Germany. It's only a minority (AFD) by 7%, favouring the exit of EU. 93% agree with it. Only some "NAZIs" are against EU because of "foreigners" . That's all. Maybe your friends belong to those right wing "hakenkreuz" radicals.

And another point you will not understand is that EU and National Governments are not enemies. ALL decisions made in Brussels are based on proposals by National Governments! Put this into your mind. Once you have signed EU treaty you have to fulfill the contract, even if you have to pay as it is now with UK. It shows not much brain to oppose the law! Cameron lost already, but maybe he did not realize. There are more reasons for uk to stay with EU than for EU to stay with UK. This time it's not a "splendid isolation" but stupidity just to save his own neck.

Several posts have been removed from view. Please remember, we are an English language forum. Posts containing foreign languages will be removed from view. Please also abide by this forum rule:

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.