Guardian Visa

Hello,

I have a 1 year guardian visa, it was granted January 2014.

I goto phuket immigration office every 3 months to notify them of my address, my next appointment is 14th December 2014.

On the 14th, will they

i) stamp me another 90 days

or

ii) make an application for another 1 year guardian visa

Regards

Arran.

I don't know what you have since their is no guardian visa or extension of stay.

What day does you extension end in January. You have to apply for a new extension of stay in January.

If you are within 30 days of the extension ending you could apply for the extension when you make your 90 day report.

I have custody of my luk krueng children who goto the British school, divorced father.

We're off to koh lanta for 3 weeks on the 12th.

When I go in on the 11th or 12th will they just give another 90 day notification or will I have to file another application .

As I'm away for Xmas I'm not planning to be in phuket if I'm needed to file another application

You will not need do the extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai until January. You will need the financial proof when you apply.

You will be able do your 90 day report in December without a problem.

Financial proof, I had this problem last year, I'm British and the British Consulate in Phuket does not endorse income, but got around it by taking my bank statements in to the German Consulate, he endorsed them for me. However the German Consulate no longer does this.

I'm still UK tax resident and my UK tax returns (SA302) show a loss at the moment because I'm currently growing the UK Property business ( more spend than revenue ). However I transfer 400,000 baht per month into my Bangkok Bank Account, sometimes more.

Last year they would not accept my bank statements as proof of income, they needed me to have them endorsed by a consulate. Thats why I went to get them endorsed by the German consulate.

Not sure what my options are this year ?

You will not need do the extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai until January. You will need the financial proof when you apply.

Financial proof, I had this problem last year, I'm British and the British Consulate in Phuket does not endorse income, but got around it by taking my bank statements in to the German Consulate, he endorsed them for me. However the German Consulate no longer does this.

I'm still UK tax resident and my UK tax returns (SA302) show a loss at the moment because I'm currently growing the UK Property business ( more spend than revenue ). However I transfer 400,000 baht per month into my Bangkok Bank Account, sometimes more.

Last year they would not accept my bank statements as proof of income, they needed me to have them endorsed by a consulate. Thats why I went to get them endorsed by the German consulate.

You apparently have the ability to put 400k baht in the bank and use that option. The immigration order for extensions does not mention the money needing to be in the bank for any amount of time. But I am certain Phuket immigration may want it to be in the bank for at least 60 days. They ask for 90 days instead of 60 days that is required for a marriage extension.

You might want to contact the UK embassy about getting a income letter. I have been informed that they now only do letters for those on retirement. For marriage and others they have you do a statutory declaration.

Unless you have gotten one already you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your children to give you more time to meet Phuket's requirements for the money to be in the bank.

You apparently have the ability to put 400k baht in the bank and use that option. The immigration order for extensions does not mention the money needing to be in the bank for any amount of time. But I am certain Phuket immigration may want it to be in the bank for at least 60 days. They ask for 90 days instead of 60 days that is required for a marriage extension.

You might want to contact the UK embassy about getting a income letter. I have been informed that they now only do letters for those on retirement. For marriage and others they have you do a statutory declaration.

Unless you have gotten one already you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your children to give you more time to meet Phuket's requirements for the money to be in the bank.

no I don't have that option, 200k is living expenses, 200k is instalment towards land purchase.

where do I go for a statutory declaration ?

At home there is only me and my 2 children.

You would have to do the declaration at the embassy in Bangkok. But you should check with them as to what they require and to confirm they will not do the letter for you. You can do the letter by mail.

Info about getting the letter here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

• Like 1

You would have to do the declaration at the embassy in Bangkok. But you should check with them as to what they require and to confirm they will not do the letter for you. You can do the letter by mail.

Info about getting the letter here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

thank you.