Tourist Police Round-up Ladyboys On Pattaya Beach In Response To Tourist Complaints

britmaveric

quote name='dr_Pat_Pong' date='2006-08-05 16:15:16' post='836434']

Ahhh the Patter bashers are coming out and posting!!!! :D

As they usually do :o

Correct.

The basis of discussion generated by this thread is about the rights / wrongs of being pulled, intimidated and pestered while walking along the beach road.

I think it is wrong and all pedestrians have a right to walk freely along these walkways.

After all that is what they are there for surely, and not for the convenience of offering services in the way they have now been utilised for.

Pattaya Bashing doesn,t come into it in my humble opinion. and it,s a straight forward yes or no.

Pattaya is Pattaya and it must be taken as the resort it is renowned for and what it,s attractions are.

I am not aware that the beach front situation is included in the attractions.

Definitely no bashing intended, just basics, both good and not so good.

Enjoy or move / visit upcountry with the rest of us......................................................................

marshbags :D:D:D

P.S. I,m amazed how much interest these sort of topics attract when the positive stuff that does Pattaya credit hardly generates any remarks in comparison.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who goes to Pattaya deserves all the pestering they get. Most of you fly half way round the world for cheap bar girls nice to see you getting some of your own medicine. The perterees become the pestered.

ps. i don't know if pesteree is actually a word.

....don`t you think that it would be better if you settled back in your rocking chair and went back to sleep?

How on earth they expect to get rid of these pests by fining them a minimal amount and then letting them go back in droves to pester tourists is beyond me. They should enforce a ban for a period of say 3 months and then fine them heavily if they lurk there again.

The situation along Beach Rd is getting worse by the month and something more positive needs to be done to deter these pests and the other prostitutes who are turning Beach Road into another red light area. During the day also the numbers of these people have increased quite considerably.

During the hours of darkness even early evening the promenade is awash with prostitues of various genders and they are even now plying their trade on the other side of Beach Road as well. This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......who wants to go for a quiet stroll down there with these people lurking under what seems to be every tree?

Stricter stronger enforcement needs to be applied now or this lovely area will become a no go zone for normal people.

All you guys remind me of the little old lady who called the police to complain that her next door neighbour was walking around his house naked. When the police came to investigate, they learned that the naked neighbour could only be seen if the little old lady stood on a chair at a certain angle to the window.

Anyone who walks along the beach in the dark is looking for trouble. If you don't like being accosted by ladyboys, don't go where they hang out...sounds like a simple solution to me.

It may sound like a simple solution to you......but when a problem arises in an area whether it be Pattaya, Phuket, Samui or Bangkok it is better to sort out the problem before it gets to a stage where it is unmanageable and affects the freedom and well being of both residents and tourists.

It seems to me that this problem has now reached the stage where it needs addressing and it should be sorted.

The alternative is of course to stick your head in the sand and ignore it as you would advocate....but really that is the lazy thing to do.......

Oh by the way talking about chairs....the local council have had most of the piles of deck chairs moved from the beach area...as the katoeys were standing on them and using them for other purposes. I am sure you know what I mean. :o

Personally dont mind if the LadyBoys are there as long as they behave themselves - this goes for the agressive freelance ladies as well.

Mate of mine was walking along beach rd with us and ladyboy grabbed his balls and tried to relieve him of his wallet. That is the type of behaviour that needs to be eliminated.

Personally I'm never bothered I politely decline and move on - as I would do with any offer or latch on. :o

Anyone who goes to Pattaya deserves all the pestering they get. Most of you fly half way round the world for cheap bar girls nice to see you getting some of your own medicine. The perterees become the pestered.

ps. i don't know if pesteree is actually a word.

....don`t you think that it would be better if you settled back in your rocking chair and went back to sleep?

:o:D:D

that's funny !!!!!!!!!

I consider the ladyboys a minor problem in Pattaya. They can be avoided. However the daily brutal assaults by youth gangs happen anyplace and anytime. I have personally witnessed two brutal robberies of elderly tourists the last few weeks. The perpotrators are always in a group and have no respect for human life....It's over in seconds...not enough time to interrupt the act or even call the police...and not a week passes without somebody you know being mugged and assaultet. No wonder, with probably more then 50% of the Pattaya youth and not so "youth" on Yaba....low season....not enough cash from the Falangs and....and...and...

And there are still people telling me how dangerous Rio or Fortalezza is....I have spent years in Brazil and rarely witnessed such assaults...What else can we expect in a town full of prostitution and low lifes on both sides....? But Pattaya will survive easily with a staedy flow of frustrated elederly men coming to town to chase the illusion of "love"...

Homeless007

I mix with Brasilians in London for musical reasons.

I have long wanted to visit but have always been somewhat

put off by the stories of mugging and gang violence.

Rio, Fortalezza and Bahia I would love to visit.

I am becoming aware over the last two years of increased violence in Pattaya.

I should be grateful if you are able to write more about Brasil and how it compares with Thailand.

This would be off topic so it may be better to send me a PM.

As for Ladyboys I usually say ,"Allo mate ow yer doin' awright ?"

or in Thai

"Mai ow katoey khrupp!"

and leave it at that.

My Portuguese is better than my Thai so I suppose this might help.

Kind regards in anticipation of a reply.

Brother Wolf

Edited by Hermano Lobo

I consider the ladyboys a minor problem in Pattaya. They can be avoided. However the daily brutal assaults by youth gangs happen anyplace and anytime. I have personally witnessed two brutal robberies of elderly tourists the last few weeks. The perpotrators are always in a group and have no respect for human life....It's over in seconds...not enough time to interrupt the act or even call the police...and not a week passes without somebody you know being mugged and assaultet. No wonder, with probably more then 50% of the Pattaya youth and not so "youth" on Yaba....low season....not enough cash from the Falangs and....and...and...

And there are still people telling me how dangerous Rio or Fortalezza is....I have spent years in Brazil and rarely witnessed such assaults...What else can we expect in a town full of prostitution and low lifes on both sides....? But Pattaya will survive easily with a staedy flow of frustrated elederly men coming to town to chase the illusion of "love"...

Homeless007

I mix with Brasilians in London for musical reasons.

I have long wanted to visit but have always been somewhat

put off by the stories of mugging and gang violence.

Rio, Fortalezza and Bahia I would love to visit.

I am becoming aware over the last two years of increased violence in Pattaya.

I should be grateful if you are able to write more about Brasil and how it compares with Thailand.

This would be off topic so it may be better to send me a PM.

As for Ladyboys I usually say ,"Allo mate ow yer doin' awright ?"

or in Thai

"Mai ow katoey khrupp!"

and leave it at that.

My Portuguese is better than my Thai so I suppose this might help.

Kind regards in anticipation of a reply.

Brother Wolf

No comparison....In Rio over the last twenty years or so there has been an average of 82 killings per day.

As said before the crime in Pattaya is mainly petty crime and the more serious crimes such as murder are usually commited between the Thais.

From what I have read about Brazil....there is a large amount of gang warfare and the gangs are now battling openly with the Police in certain areas.

Pattaya is very safe if you take the usual precautions. :o

The bottom line is and it is a well known fact is that they are a bloody nuisance. They never take know for an answer and they become agressive when you refuse their advances. They should be shipped of to an island out of the way and if blokes want to see them then they can visit them on the island.

It is also happening in Bkk.A friend of mine had his wallet stolen on the underground by some Cher lookalike.It is happening all to often and these repeat offenders should be castrated......... :o

In Pattaya we should fight them on the beaches and drive them back....into the bars. Who has been bitch slapped by one of these monsters ?

::singsong voice::

"mii nom mii khooy, bpen kutooy!"

Oh yes!

But as Deminster said, it's the random shotgun approach that the Pattaya cops tht infuriates. Now they'll do nothing for maybe 6-8 months... Unless they declare pattaya to be the "Ladyboy free hub of Asia" that is.

Thanks Choscura, I'll be giggling that for weeks!

if no business they would'nt be there

You're right Frotty, IT'S just that biz is a bit poor since there aren't enough customers this summer, else they wouldn't be there (Capital of Kinky Sex). If the farang didn't go there for that, then there wouldn't be a problem! I don't see Phuket with as big a prob. since it's mainly familys that go there. And Samui, I've only run into one LB, and he/she wasn't coming on to anyone in the bar that she/he was a bartender. But I don't go to the main drag at night since it's not my trip.

[quote name='marshbagen utilised for.

Pattaya Bashing doesn,t come into it in my humble opinion. and it,s a straight forward yes or no.

Pattaya is Pattaya and it must be taken as the resort it is renowned for and what it,s attractions are.

I am not aware that the beach front situation is included in the attractions.

Definitely no bashing intended, just basics, both good and not so good.

Enjoy or move / visit upcountry with the rest of us......................................................................

marshbags :o:D:D

P.S. I,m amazed how much interest these sort of topics attract when the positive stuff that does Pattaya credit hardly generates any remarks in comparison.

IS THERE ANY POSITIVE THINGS, BESIDES IT BEING A THAI BEACH CITY, SAY FOR THE FAMILY THAT DOESN'T KNOW THE REPUTATION? WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW! Marshbagens.

It is also happening in Bkk.A friend of mine had his wallet stolen on the underground by some Cher lookalike.It is happening all to often and these repeat offenders should be castrated......... :o

In Pattaya we should fight them on the beaches and drive them back....into the bars. Who has been bitch slapped by one of these monsters ?

Now now....be careful...if you are offering free castrations you are going to have the ladyboys lined up at your front door, never mind Beach Road!

IS THERE ANY POSITIVE THINGS, BESIDES IT BEING A THAI BEACH CITY, SAY FOR THE FAMILY THAT DOESN'T KNOW THE REPUTATION? WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW! Marshbagens.

I'd like to hear too. Would a foreign family still actually go to Pattaya - they'd be as crazy as my mate who went there on his honeymoon abiout 15 years ago.

I'd like to hear too. Would a foreign family still actually go to Pattaya - they'd be as crazy as my mate who went there on his honeymoon abiout 15 years ago.

Yes, my family moved here 5 years ago and we love it. Maybe you dont realise that Pattaya doesnt only consist of Beach Road. I take it thats the only road you have been on in Pattaya !

Pattaya must be something special for people to keep bashing it ay!!! If you didnt like it so much, why not just ignore pattaya related threads? :o

Wherever you are living mustn't be so amazing if all you have to do is sit at your computer complaining about a place you hate so much!! Jeez, makes me laugh!

What a stupid question.....You have been on this forum long enough to know that thousands of foreign families visit pattaya and have a great time.

Just another opportunity to bash Pattaya....

I think that it is good that the Police are concerned about unwanted harrassment, or Thefts, but I am worried that this is partly coming from a bunch of Hypercritical Homo-phobes, and Conservative Christian Republicans who want only Church going Christians to populate the Beach area and no one else. Christians have a tendency to try to Control and Dominate the areas they move into, and manipulate the Laws, and Law Enforcement, because all they have to do to use the Police as Puppets for the Christian Army is File a simple "Complaint" and many times these "Complaints" do not warrant any PROOF of a crime, they are simply a "Complaint". They only "proof" is the Statement or Complaint itself. And because these Christians and Goody Goody people who think they are better than everyone else DO these kinds of things like file false Complaints just to try to get their way or Control the areas they want to Control, the Police have no choice but to follow up on the Complaints, and they become Puppets of the Christians. This is what I worry about, not the Ladyboys.

I have Cruised the Walk many times near the Beach at night. It was Beautiful, I saw all kinds of people there and most all of them were very Friendly. In life everyone is looking for Something. The Walk is the place everyone gathers in hopes of finding that Something. I saw College and Office Girls looking for a Weekend date. I saw Freelance Prostitutes looking for a guy. (Which I do not have a Problem with, they were nice and Polite with me no one Harrassed me.) I saw many Ladyboys trying to Pick me up too, but it didn't bother me either. I am totally straight, but I laughed and joked with them, and I even gave one a Kiss on the Cheek to make them feel good. It's all how you look at things. People are not going to "Verbally Abuse" you unless you say something to INSPIRE that Verbal Abuse.

And out of a Crowd of people what do you think someone is going to THINK about WHO they might select as a Target for a Theft or Scam.? Maybe someone who is all dressed up looking down on the Thai people, maybe complaining about "The Red Light Areas" and wearing a bunch of Gold, and acting like and assshole. Yeah, I could see how someone like that might get a lot of different kinds of attention.

The fact that they Specifically targeted Ladyboys, because they are Ladyboys, makes me very suspicious. I have seen just as many Bar Girls involved in Scams and Taxi Drivers, and Tuk Tuk Drivers involved in Scams, More than I have seen any Ladyboy invovled in anything. The Ladyboys have always been very nice to me, even when I see them on a Dark Empty Street at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, they always act very nice to me. But then I am always telling them how Beautiful they look just to make the feel good. So maybe that's the Difference. Compassion and Understanding is always greater than Hatred and Contempt.

Christianity is BASED on a Belief of Hatred and Contempt. Buddhism is Based on a Philosophy of Compassion and Understanding. Christians Lie, file False Reports, and try to Manipulate the Laws and the Governments to enforce THEIR Beliefs on everyone, and limit the Freedoms of everyone.

Buddhism believes in UNDERSTANDING Human Behavior, NOT Condemning it.

The more the Government Officials and Police fall for the Scams of the Christians, and the Republicans, the more they will destroy Thailand for their own Selfish puposes. And all the Values that the Thai people once had will be Destroyed as well. All because the People had enough Compassion to allow Christians into the Country in the first place.

Muslims are just as bad, but in this case we are talking about Acts that were most likely started by the Christian Republicans. Those Evil Christians, ya gotta watch em, they're messed up in the head, believing in Fairy Tales and Delusional Ideas, and walking around thinking they are better than everyone else all the time. This is a Dangerous way to think. That is the way Hitler and Bush thinks.

Do you really want Thailand to be filled with people who think they are better than everyone else?

I don't.

SUA*

:o

I think that it is good that the Police are concerned about unwanted harrassment, or Thefts, but I am worried that this is partly coming from a bunch of Hypercritical Homo-phobes, and Conservative Christian Republicans who want only Church going Christians to populate the Beach area and no one else. Christians have a tendency to try to Control and Dominate the areas they move into, and manipulate the Laws, and Law Enforcement, because all they have to do to use the Police as Puppets for the Christian Army is File a simple "Complaint" and many times these "Complaints" do not warrant any PROOF of a crime, they are simply a "Complaint". They only "proof" is the Statement or Complaint itself. And because these Christians and Goody Goody people who think they are better than everyone else DO these kinds of things like file false Complaints just to try to get their way or Control the areas they want to Control, the Police have no choice but to follow up on the Complaints, and they become Puppets of the Christians. This is what I worry about, not the Ladyboys.

I have Cruised the Walk many times near the Beach at night. It was Beautiful, I saw all kinds of people there and most all of them were very Friendly. In life everyone is looking for Something. The Walk is the place everyone gathers in hopes of finding that Something. I saw College and Office Girls looking for a Weekend date. I saw Freelance Prostitutes looking for a guy. (Which I do not have a Problem with, they were nice and Polite with me no one Harrassed me.) I saw many Ladyboys trying to Pick me up too, but it didn't bother me either. I am totally straight, but I laughed and joked with them, and I even gave one a Kiss on the Cheek to make them feel good. It's all how you look at things. People are not going to "Verbally Abuse" you unless you say something to INSPIRE that Verbal Abuse.

And out of a Crowd of people what do you think someone is going to THINK about WHO they might select as a Target for a Theft or Scam.? Maybe someone who is all dressed up looking down on the Thai people, maybe complaining about "The Red Light Areas" and wearing a bunch of Gold, and acting like and assshole. Yeah, I could see how someone like that might get a lot of different kinds of attention.

The fact that they Specifically targeted Ladyboys, because they are Ladyboys, makes me very suspicious. I have seen just as many Bar Girls involved in Scams and Taxi Drivers, and Tuk Tuk Drivers involved in Scams, More than I have seen any Ladyboy invovled in anything. The Ladyboys have always been very nice to me, even when I see them on a Dark Empty Street at 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, they always act very nice to me. But then I am always telling them how Beautiful they look just to make the feel good. So maybe that's the Difference. Compassion and Understanding is always greater than Hatred and Contempt.

Christianity is BASED on a Belief of Hatred and Contempt. Buddhism is Based on a Philosophy of Compassion and Understanding. Christians Lie, file False Reports, and try to Manipulate the Laws and the Governments to enforce THEIR Beliefs on everyone, and limit the Freedoms of everyone.

Buddhism believes in UNDERSTANDING Human Behavior, NOT Condemning it.

The more the Government Officials and Police fall for the Scams of the Christians, and the Republicans, the more they will destroy Thailand for their own Selfish puposes. And all the Values that the Thai people once had will be Destroyed as well. All because the People had enough Compassion to allow Christians into the Country in the first place.

Muslims are just as bad, but in this case we are talking about Acts that were most likely started by the Christian Republicans. Those Evil Christians, ya gotta watch em, they're messed up in the head, believing in Fairy Tales and Delusional Ideas, and walking around thinking they are better than everyone else all the time. This is a Dangerous way to think. That is the way Hitler and Bush thinks.

Do you really want Thailand to be filled with people who think they are better than everyone else?

I don't.

SUA*

:D

What an absolute load of <deleted>.........The Police who rounded up the Lady boys would of course have been Buddhist.

Carry on webninja tell the Lady boys how beautiful they are......but watch your wallet if you have one. :o

Pattaya is a strange place. Police seem to be able and willing to trample on individual rights. First girls got stopped from walking oer the boulevard, than Katoeys were rounded up from the beach. the Man in Brown always afraid to make their shiny shoes dirty simply used guns to force them out of the water. Although the Katoeys are indeed a headache so are other people foreigners and Thai entertainers alike. My problem with the actions of this policeforce is that they are random, without merit and indiscriminate. they simply target a group of people. Today katoeys, tomorrow young girls, the day after old people and later who knows. I read the sweet names some readers give these people. They are still human beings! And they probably harassing all the men that are there anyhow for the wrong reasons. Keep that in mind by calling them pets or worse!

I do agree.

It's look like a preacher who go to nana entertainament plaza and start to scream it's the temple of the vice.

Living in Bkk, and disliking pest, prostituates, bar girls , hookers, and people like that, I do not bother myself to go in hooker bars, nor I will walk around lumpini after 10 pm.

For Canonical laws, even if prostitution is a sin/vice, there is no way to stop it. Because anyway the 'perverts' who love to walk there and look will find something else. Or if you prefer, there is pest because there is clients for those pest. So why not also arrest and fine the so called sex pats who walk there at night?????????????

How on earth they expect to get rid of these pests by fining them a minimal amount and then letting them go back in droves to pester tourists is beyond me. They should enforce a ban for a period of say 3 months and then fine them heavily if they lurk there again.

The situation along Beach Rd is getting worse by the month and something more positive needs to be done to deter these pests and the other prostitutes who are turning Beach Road into another red light area. During the day also the numbers of these people have increased quite considerably.

During the hours of darkness even early evening the promenade is awash with prostitues of various genders and they are even now plying their trade on the other side of Beach Road as well. This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......who wants to go for a quiet stroll down there with these people lurking under what seems to be every tree?

Stricter stronger enforcement needs to be applied now or this lovely area will become a no go zone for normal people.

ok ... now here's a thought .....

what law were they breaking and why should their liberties be curtailed

Prevention & Suppression of Prostitution Act 1996.

Section 5.

Any person who, for the purpose of prostitution, solicits, induces, introduces herself or himself to, follows or importunes a person in a street, public place or any other place, which is committed openly and shamelessly, or causes nuisance to the public shall be liable to a fine not exceeding one thousand baht.

That should cover it!

ummmm it WOULD if all 25 were doing that ... AT THAT TIME .... rather doubt they were :o

stepping up real patrols would help ... but rounding up people for just being some place is a bi different.

The reason why they picked up these people is because they had a past track record of petty crime and public annoyance and had been openly soliciting for the purpose of prostitution in the area and were loitering there again.

Pattaya Beach Road is a public place and a place where people with families should be able to walk along and enjoy...even in the early hours of darkness and the sooner they stop these prostitutes from soliciting openly to members of the public then this area can once again be used by families to enjoy...and not as an open area for the ladyboys and such like in large numbers to ply their trade.

Ah yes ... that law you cited clearly reads ..... "no loitering if you are a ladyboy" got it

Edited by jdinasia

History has shown us what happened to the OLD ROME and Babalon, just to mention JUST 2 citys like Pattaya. And Im Not a Christian by the way, BUT without some order, we all will go away, f.exp by Aids/HIV and other STD's, but you guy don't beleive in these things, RIGHT?

This must be giving tourists a bad image of Pattaya......

:D I think most tourists appreciate Pattaya for the s-hithole that it has always been. :o

You won`t be hopping there then!! :D

Yeahhhhhhh Mr Fox bite that rooos tail, I love it ! Pattaya a sh.thole no thats not right, I 'll definately be back for a stroll down there ! beats Southsea sea front hands down !

History has shown us what happened to the OLD ROME and Babalon, just to mention JUST 2 citys like Pattaya. And Im Not a Christian by the way, BUT without some order, we all will go away, f.exp by Aids/HIV and other STD's, but you guy don't beleive in these things, RIGHT?

First Webninja now this???? Nutters are out today.... :o

:D:D

::singsong voice::

"mii nom mii khooy, bpen kutooy!"

Oh yes!

But as Deminster said, it's the random shotgun approach that the Pattaya cops tht infuriates. Now they'll do nothing for maybe 6-8 months... Unless they declare pattaya to be the "Ladyboy free hub of Asia" that is.

Thanks Choscura, I'll be giggling that for weeks!

no problem. glad to see at least one person got it. now try this one on for size:

farang: "khoon khuuy bpai doo... uuh... samoy mai khrap?"

khon thai: "samoy khrai?"

farang (duu putchananukhrom): "arai na?!"