Anyone bought a OnePlus One phone here?

mat999

This is basically almost the best phone in the world for much cheaper than the big brands. Has anyone else looked for one here and bought one? I know they are on Lazada but it is an international delivery, so I am worried about customs.

Interesting; never heard of this phone before but I read it comes with Cyanogenmod as the Android implementation, which is brilliant. Have been using it on a much older Samsung tablet phone and I would really never want to go back to a manufacturers bloatware installation with all kinds of commercial tie-in BS.

I see it at some others sites too such as http://www.oppomart.com/oneplus-one-phone/oneplus-one.html but they ship with DHL which means you're going to get screwed in customs. (All major courier companies have a 'deal' with customs that screws their customers)

On the plus side, you could argue that 'all you need to do is wait' and *every* phone will have these specs at this price. (Every phone made by Huawei, Oppo, etc. anyway). The main attraction for me is actually the Cyanogenmod version of Android..

• Like 2

Try Xiaomi models cheap and good...

Agree they are tried and tested and they are good

Bought one Xiaoni Note 5....5.5 inch for about 5000 baht recently in Singapore works fine with all the features of so-called branded phones..

Try Xiaomi models cheap and good...

Agree they are tried and tested and they are good

Bought one Xiaoni Note 5....5.5 inch for about 5000 baht recently in Singapore works fine with all the features of so-called branded phones..
That has explained their explosive growth ...premium looks of iPhone and features of android which makes portability easy and then at a price Samsung and Apple cannot match

No wonder it's selling like hot cakes and making the founder into the top 100 richest man list in less than 4 years of operations and knocking both off the Chinese market as the No 1 smartphone

Edited by LawrenceChee

Bought an Oppo 21/2 years ago, still going strong. http://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_u701_ulike-5172.php

My wife then bought an Oppo 11/2 years ago. Also still going strong. http://www.gsmarena.com/oppo_r815t_clover-5898.php

Both were 7000B at the time of purchase, about half the price of the Samsung equivalent spec wise. Both excellent purchases.

I'm now looking at the OnePlus One, but at 15,000B on Lazada, and $300 on their website, I'll be waiting for it to be available in a few weeks for under 10,000B.

Ordered one from China for a friend, The phone is very comparable to the Note3, which I have. The only major differences is that the onePlus runs CyngenMod , the Screen on the Note 3 has definitely better colors and sharpness, but for half the price, the note3 is too overpriced compared to the OnePlus. Overall I think the best phone considering the price, about 2 weeks to be shipped from China.

• 2 months later...

THAIJAMES what website did you use for ordering from china? Any problems with customs?

Ali express

No problem with customs as long as you use the regular free shipping. (DHL has a scam which almost forces all shipments to go through customs so they can charge you a fee) Takes about 5-10 days to arrive.

Never had to pay any customs fees and I have ordered more than 20 shipments from ali express.

As of today the phones are available for order freely in the states freely without invitation if you can have someone ship it to you.

Edited by THAIJAMES