Koh Tao murders: Lawyer protests Myanmar men detention

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What jdinasia is saying is that your expertise and analysis are bogus and there are no witnesses that have come forward. If there were they would be part of the case.

If a landscape painter is not accredited by the Worldwide Landscape Painting Society, is that person an inept artist? As a fellow human being, I can put one and one together and get two. There are other things I'm as or more adept at than trained 'experts' in their field, would you like a list.

No witnesses? Perhaps you mean: 'there are no witnesses who have a death wish for themselves and their families.'

Point - not one of the people on the island has come forward to state publicly that anyone other than the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers is involved. This includes foreigners on the island that night.

Hello, there are farang witnesses who have been and are willing to speak up re; the scenario in the bar (and other scenarios) that night. Most of them have left the island. Their testimony is still relevant even if they're not on the island. Because JD and Thai officials don't want to hear anything which might implicate the headman's people or show the Burmese to be scapegoats, ....you'all either:

>>>> don't hear it, or

>>>> claim it's conspiracy theory, or

>>>> claim it's bogus, or

>>>> claim it's inadmissible in court, or

>>>> threaten character assassination lawsuits

In sum, Thai officials are doing everything possible, including outlandish maneuverings, to shield the headman's people from scrutiny in this case.

some questions:

>>> Why did the headman offer a million baht to anyone who could prove his son was guilty, but not offer a satang to persue and convict the killers?

>>> Mon is the kind of guy who knows what goes on in his bar. Why has he not shed any light on the case?

>>> We've heard nothing from Thai officials re; the scenario in the bar prior to the crimes

>>> We've heard nothing from Thai officials re; prior criminal history of any suspects, prior or current.

Here are other things we've heard nothing or near-nothing about from Thai authorities:

>>> speedboat operators (on the 2nd day of the investigation, officials purportedly looked in to that).

>>> murder weapon which killed David

>>> re-enactment of night-time movement of suspects (including Nomsod) using same security camera/lighting/clothing

>>> laundered or burial of clothing

>>> tel. records

>>> scrutiny of CCTV taken on the island, and that purportedly taken in Bangkok and used as alibi.

>>> earring worn by suspect on KT CCTV. No further mention of that. Similarly, no mention of left-handedness of suspect or the quirky movement of the left arm in CCTV video.

>>> interview with Sean, and why Thai cops whisked him out of the country a.s.a.p.

The above is nowhere hear a complete list of omissions and screw-ups by RTP. I don't expect Thai officials to share all their info with the general public. However, they have volunteered a lot of info early on. Hopefully, more pertinent info will come forth as the B2 get closer to court (or afterwards). If the on-going pattern is indicative, Thai officials will continue to obfuscate as much as possible, unless it's some info which (falsely) implicates the B2. Anything which may remotely implicate the headman's people will continue to be suppressed.

What jdinasia is saying is that your expertise and analysis are bogus and there are no witnesses that have come forward. If there were they would be part of the case.

Point - not one of the people on the island has come forward to state publicly that anyone other than the 2 Burmese men accused of being the killers is involved. This includes foreigners on the island that night.

This is where you are getting lost. What about the taxi driver who came forward? What about the farang (Sean) who came forward? What about the RTP who came forward at the time and said they had evidence that certain people were involved? You seem to constantly forget about these people coming forward. You maintain there has never been any evidence... when there has been hoards of evidence that always mysteriously gets left behind some place else.

This is why it is obvious that you have an interest personally in protecting some people from other people saying bad things about them. Now if it was me, and I knew bad things about people I know, I probably wouldn't be saying anything. I would find it very hard to defend anyone (even my best friend... or brother or uncle) against crimes of such a violent and brutal nature.

• Like 1

This is where you are getting lost. What about the taxi driver who came forward? What about the farang (Sean) who came forward? What about the RTP who came forward at the time and said they had evidence that certain people were involved? You seem to constantly forget about these people coming forward. You maintain there has never been any evidence... when there has been hoards of evidence that always mysteriously gets left behind some place else.

This is why it is obvious that you have an interest personally in protecting some people from other people saying bad things about them. Now if it was me, and I knew bad things about people I know, I probably wouldn't be saying anything. I would find it very hard to defend anyone (even my best friend... or brother or uncle) against crimes of such a violent and brutal nature.

I would imagine that had farangs come forward to offer up evidence to the local police, in the prevailing ENE wind, there would have been a flurry of floaters stretching from Chumpon to Nakhon ST.

Doh!!!

• Like 2

Sad that in 2014 there are so many things wrong, or need fixing in LOS.....but won't be!

I'd say the 2 Burmese are not out of the woods yet. And despite everything that has transpired, are we sure they had no involvement in the murders???????

Yes. Absolutely sure. We all know who did it. The world knows who did it.

some questions:

>>> Why did the headman offer a million baht to anyone who could prove his son was guilty, but not offer a satang to persue and convict the killers?

>>> Mon is the kind of guy who knows what goes on in his bar. Why has he not shed any light on the case?

>>> We've heard nothing from Thai officials re; the scenario in the bar prior to the crimes

>>> We've heard nothing from Thai officials re; prior criminal history of any suspects, prior or current.

Here are other things we've heard nothing or near-nothing about from Thai authorities:

>>> speedboat operators (on the 2nd day of the investigation, officials purportedly looked in to that).

>>> murder weapon which killed David

>>> re-enactment of night-time movement of suspects (including Nomsod) using same security camera/lighting/clothing

>>> laundered or burial of clothing

>>> tel. records

>>> scrutiny of CCTV taken on the island, and that purportedly taken in Bangkok and used as alibi.

>>> earring worn by suspect on KT CCTV. No further mention of that. Similarly, no mention of left-handedness of suspect or the quirky movement of the left arm in CCTV video.

>>> interview with Sean, and why Thai cops whisked him out of the country a.s.a.p.

The above is nowhere hear a complete list of omissions and screw-ups by RTP. I don't expect Thai officials to share all their info with the general public. However, they have volunteered a lot of info early on. Hopefully, more pertinent info will come forth as the B2 get closer to court (or afterwards). If the on-going pattern is indicative, Thai officials will continue to obfuscate as much as possible, unless it's some info which (falsely) implicates the B2. Anything which may remotely implicate the headman's people will continue to be suppressed.

You ask alot of very good questions. But, the big question is - when was the last time you saw a Thai convicted and imprisoned, who's family was worth more than 100 million US? I do not think ever. That kind of money buys you "above the law status" here. The police no doubt know who did it, and are unwilling to touch them, much less arrest them.

Sad that in 2014 there are so many things wrong, or need fixing in LOS.....but won't be!

I'd say the 2 Burmese are not out of the woods yet. And despite everything that has transpired, are we sure they had no involvement in the murders???????

Being a reasonable person, I would side with the assurances that the B2 had no involvement in the murders, because everything leading up to their incarceration for that crime can be contested. I'm not so sure I could finger 'who did it' or 'how many' were involved because the circumstantial evidence publicly available is sketchy, and could also be contested in court. There's reasonable doubt on both scenarios. My bets are on a gang of at least 3 conspirators/thugs, but that's my opinion, not fact.

Readers could be forgiven for thinking that some posters on this thread appear to be trying to move up in Thai Hi-So-ciety , by their ingratiating posts

Readers could be forgiven for thinking some posters on this topic wear tin foil hats as more than a fashion statement :)

This type of thinking proves my point.

And you really haven't worked out why yet..........gawd 'elp us....................rolleyes.gif

Please let us all know. Why the British, German, Swiss etc have not posted any proof anyone else was involved.

If a landscape painter is not accredited by the Worldwide Landscape Painting Society, is that person an inept artist? As a fellow human being, I can put one and one together and get two. There are other things I'm as or more adept at than trained 'experts' in their field, would you like a list.

No witnesses? Perhaps you mean: 'there are no witnesses who have a death wish for themselves and their families.'

Hello, there are farang witnesses who have been and are willing to speak up re; the scenario in the bar (and other scenarios) that night. Most of them have left the island. Their testimony is still relevant even if they're not on the island. Because JD and Thai officials don't want to hear anything which might implicate the headman's people or show the Burmese to be scapegoats, ....you'all either:

>>>> don't hear it, or

In sum, Thai officials are doing everything possible, including outlandish maneuverings, to shield the headman's people from scrutiny in this case.

So why no public statements from any of these people?

I would imagine that had farangs come forward to offer up evidence to the local police, in the prevailing ENE wind, there would have been a flurry of floaters stretching from Chumpon to Nakhon ST.

Doh!!!

Months have passed, not 1 pic of the guy the conspiracy theorists want to hang this on has appeared showing him on the island. Not one article in the press about the conspiracy theorists furniture at the apartments...

Nothing.

• Like 1

When did the prosecutors contact the victims families and ask for their help getting the death penalty?

When did the prosecutors accept the case?

Here is the link

BLOCKED

Not on 3BB, MR CAPITALS.

Well I haven't got 3BB, so please provide a summary. The caps were because it was only one word that could be missed - no offence intended.

Doh!!!

Months have passed, not 1 pic of the guy the conspiracy theorists want to hang this on has appeared showing him on the island. Not one article in the press about the conspiracy theorists furniture at the apartments...

Nothing.

The man has a point.

I posted weeks back, not one person come forward of any nationality not Hannahs or Davids friends not one traveller or expat anywhere claiming the son was on the island that night.

I thought initially maybe the freinds were being told to bide their time, keep the powder dry by the UK police and the silence is strange, but i find it hard to believe it could be hussed up with such silence.

Not that i think the B2 did it for one minute, my money would be on the fat smug basterd posing with the hoe.

• Like 1

When did the prosecutors contact the victims families and ask for their help getting the death penalty?

Here is the link

BLOCKED

Not on 3BB, MR CAPITALS.

Well I haven't got 3BB, so please provide a summary. The caps were because it was only one word that could be missed - no offence intended.

It basically says the prosecutors have invited the family to help get the death penalty for the 2, further it goes on to say the family can hire their own investigators to turn up additional evidence, the job the RTP are suppose to be doing

Being a reasonable person, I would side with the assurances that the B2 had no involvement in the murders, because everything leading up to their incarceration for that crime can be contested. I'm not so sure I could finger 'who did it' or 'how many' were involved because the circumstantial evidence publicly available is sketchy, and could also be contested in court. There's reasonable doubt on both scenarios. My bets are on a gang of at least 3 conspirators/thugs, but that's my opinion, not fact.

I realize this would not pass the legal test, but sometimes I just use my nose and my gut. Both tell me "Nomsod the terrible" is as guilty as the day is long. I can smell the punk piglet all the way in Chiang Mai. And me thinks this is not his first group of victims.

• Like 2

>>>> don't hear it, or

very simple answer. they would have to use their real names. Nomsod would attempt to kill their families just for sport. that is who he is.

• Like 2

>>>> don't hear it, or

There's two ways to look at the fact that no witnesses have made any public statements that implicate any particular person or persons in the trial.

One is like you have said . . . that they have nothing material to offer and that is why they have been silent.

But don't you think it's strange that no farang witness has said anything about anything that happened that night, material to the case or otherwise?

If they really were free to speak to the press as you have posited, you would think that they would have been interviewed about what happened that night, even if it turned out to be seemingly benign.

And witnesses present in the bar, etc. and not seeing anything strange actually is important information. Some news organization would have recognized that and reported it if they were allowed to do so and witnesses were allowed to speak.

So although it's impossible to say with certainty, my inference is that the reason no farang witness has said anything about anything publicly is that they've been told by British authorities that they cannot.

It's already been discussed on TVC what grounds they would have to do so.

The only possible excluded people and or news agencies would be from the UK.

So still nobody speaking?

Not one German, Italian, Spanish, French, Israeli.... American, Russian, Irish... Nobody.

Edited by jdinasia

Not one German, Italian, Spanish, French, Israeli.... American, Russian, Irish... Nobody.

I do not know where you get the time, to scour all press from these countries is impressive. Maybe they have spoken and it has been reported to the police? we don't know. Because it has not been reported does not make it untrue and again because it has been reported does not make it true. It is uncommon but not unheard of for a particular countries press to be interested in another countries citizens murdered in a third country by persons unknown and then even more uncommon for them to pay for this information. If it did happen this information would then be passed on to police and Soutpeel amongst others has told you why it would not be divulged.

Sometime back, when the British investigators left, it was said they would be making a statement much later. Perhaps it was the first of the year.

The problems for them is that they weren't allowed to investigate but only "observe."

The crime scene would have been horribly compromised.

There's no way to know if they could get DNA from the victims after the return to the UK. We don't know what was done to the bodies in Thailand. Protocol is embalming.

Were they allowed to get DNA from the Burmese with proper chain of custody?

And on it goes.

I hope the Thais find a reason to release the Burmese and that the case goes unsolved. This time.

Here is the link

BLOCKED

Not on 3BB, MR CAPITALS.

It basically says the prosecutors have invited the family to help get the death penalty for the 2, further it goes on to say the family can hire their own investigators to turn up additional evidence, the job the RTP are suppose to be doing

Yes it did also claim this is a quirk of thai law. Family can hire other investigators but it would be a very costly exercise.

it states they can work with the opposition.

i wonder if is the same for the other side?

Can family of an accused hire investigators and have the evidence admissable in court?

I think no,kind of an enlevel playing field but who is suprised

I do not know where you get the time, to scour all press from these countries is impressive. Maybe they have spoken and it has been reported to the police? we don't know. Because it has not been reported does not make it untrue and again because it has been reported does not make it true. It is uncommon but not unheard of for a particular countries press to be interested in another countries citizens murdered in a third country by persons unknown and then even more uncommon for them to pay for this information. If it did happen this information would then be passed on to police and Soutpeel amongst others has told you why it would not be divulged.

BTW as far as I have been able to determine, since there will be no judicial action in the UK, there is no sub judice reasons that could be applied here

BTW as far as I have been able to determine, since there will be no judicial action in the UK, there is no sub judice reasons that could be applied here

Honestly, are you for real?

Honestly, are you for real?

he is for real,