Koh Tao murders: Lawyer protests Myanmar men detention

webfact

The two kids murdered were the turning point in Thailand's darkest side,

the raping and killing of foreigners will no longer be permitted,

unless of course the police are doing it,

what happened to the story of the two Russian girls caught smoking weed, and mysteriously dissapeared for many hours with police?

notice,

that story was buried,

I wonder how many times they were raped before they were let go

• Like 1

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes this case has caused shock and distress and Alarm at the obvious injustice

Our Family decided the best protest was to select another country for our holidays -

India is this years new destination.

We will miss Thailand - but it needs reforming in more ways than one.

And until the people decide who governs *(which is not a Bangkok mob or men with guns)

Its simply not worth going.

• Like 1

Our Family decided the best protest was to select another country for our holidays -

And until the people decide who governs *(which is not a Bangkok mob or men with guns)

Unfortunately The Thai authorities will not worry too much because you and a few other Farangs have and will decide to holiday elsewhere. Thailand's target group is now the 1.3 billion Chinese, soon to be followed by the 1.2 billion Indians.

• Like 1

Sean mcanna has been quiet for a while, his revelations brought some action from RTP last time, wonder what the next ones will bring.

The main 'action' Sean's revelations brought, in relation to Thai cops, was they whisked him out of the country as quick as possible. It's almost certain that Brit officials have interviewed him, and just as sure the Headman's people will try to stifle anything he says about the crime. The headman's people and their lawyers will go full tilt at character assassination. They already tried grave threats (to shut him up), but now he's far away, so that's less effective.

Above all of this "farce" have we all forgotten that 2 completely innocent people, with great futures ahead of them had their lives savagely taken away. That is the biggest shame and my opinion Thailand does not care.

I too think they're innocent, but am not sure whether they're 'completely' innocent. If there's a trial, it may shed light on that, though having faith in Thai legal proceedings takes nearly as much wishful thinking as having faith in Thai crime scene investigative prowess.

The majority of Thais (who are following this case) DO CARE about justice in this case. They feel as powerless as we do. Thai detectives are to crime investigations what Thai drivers are to driving.

Sean mcanna has been quiet for a while, his revelations brought some action from RTP last time, wonder what the next ones will bring.

The main 'action' Sean's revelations brought, in relation to Thai cops, was they whisked him out of the country as quick as possible. It's almost certain that Brit officials have interviewed him, and just as sure the Headman's people will try to stifle anything he says about the crime. The headman's people and their lawyers will go full tilt at character assassination. They already tried grave threats (to shut him up), but now he's far away, so that's less effective.

Above all of this "farce" have we all forgotten that 2 completely innocent people, with great futures ahead of them had their lives savagely taken away. That is the biggest shame and my opinion Thailand does not care.

I too think they're innocent, but am not sure whether they're 'completely' innocent. If there's a trial, it may shed light on that, though having faith in Thai legal proceedings takes nearly as much wishful thinking as having faith in Thai crime scene investigative prowess.

The majority of Thais (who are following this case) DO CARE about justice in this case. They feel as powerless as we do. Thai detectives are to crime investigations what Thai drivers are to driving.

I was referring to the poor murder victims who seem to have been forgotten. I also believe the other 2 are innocent, which is based on opinion rather than evidence.

Oh? India? Do you think that is safer?

Above all of this "farce" have we all forgotten that 2 completely innocent people, with great futures ahead of them had their lives savagely taken away. That is the biggest shame and my opinion thailand does not care.

Cannot agree with your last sentance. Many Thais are not happy with what occurred to these two young people, unfortunately they feel as powerless as us, in how to deal with the lawless society in which we all live.

Totally agree with you, but I was referring to Thailand as an institution, rather than the people within it. There are many people who care, this is obvious from the social media interest, but the institution does not care. As long as they keep coming, it does not matter if they are British, American, Russian , Chinese or even alien. As long as they can fill their pockets all is well.

• Like 1

Unfortunately The Thai authorities will not worry too much because you and a few other Farangs have and will decide to holiday elsewhere. Thailand's target group is now the 1.3 billion Chinese, soon to be followed by the 1.2 billion Indians.

That'll be a reduction in bikini clad women on the beaches.