Phuket officials say tourists may bring their own umbrellas to the beach

webfact

As beaches are public property, there is nothing to stop a tourist taking an umbrella, deckchair or whatever he or she likes for their own personal use. Personally, I'd rather hire a table and a few deckchairs for a few baht a day than lug stuff around in this heat. But each to his/her own. Surely the sensible answer is to allocate specific areas for vendors and their patrons and leave the rest of the beach free for people to use their own stuff if they wish. Or is this just too darn simple for Thai administrators to manage?

Yes you answered your own question

I guess the governor & vice governor don't communicate with each other that well as I have just read a report on a local news paper that;

Governor Nisit Jansomwong has confirmed that umbrellas are NOT allowed on Phuket beaches until further notice!

Link ---> http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Beachumbrella-ban-remains-confirms-Phuket-Governor/39555#ad-image-0

I think Cambodia or Burma needs to get it rolling, im looking to the philipines for my next Asian get away, the alien thais in the end seem to ruin everything, I just cant relate, bring me a philipina with some European blood and a normal mental computing device in the heads.

there needs to be a new play area for farangs, Cambodia is my guess, with the right investors and farang ran n own business catering to westerners we could all leave Thailand to the thais, its headin this way eventually.

no beach chairs? wow please wind blast that sand all over my oil'd up body yet again! islands aren't windy, I luv eating kao pad sand for 17 dollars a plate..

are these people human? or when u google thai iq's is it really just a iodine deficiency nationwide that makes them so sa peciale.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/393629-iodine-deficiency-blamed-for-low-iq-among-thai-children/

Edited by Leviathan

• 4 weeks later...