New Bill Cosby TV show scrapped by NBC

webfact

New Bill Cosby TV show scrapped by NBC

(BBC) US TV network NBC has scrapped a proposed project with comedian Bill Cosby after accusations that he sexually assaulted women resurfaced.

In a statement, the company confirmed the project with the 77-year-old was "no longer in development".

On Tuesday, streaming service Netflix postponed a special show with Cosby after a model alleged the comedian had sexually assaulted her in 1982.

Cosby has so far declined to comment on the allegation.

"We can confirm that the Cosby project is no longer in development," NBC Spokesperson Rebecca Marks said.

The network declined to comment on the reason for the decision but said production of the show had not started.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-30123343

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-20

• Like 1

They didn't come forward because he was clever in the way he did it, he had this whole mo where he's this wonderful family guy and you can trust him and alot of power in the industry-so they would let him into their hotel rooms or go into his office, if your an aspiring Janice Dickenson you don't wanna be the only 'whore' that accuses mr family guy 'for the money'.. i saw the janice dickenson interview and i pretty much beleive that she wouldn't be that passionate about it if he hadn't really slipped her a micky and raped her.. i alwasy suspected that cosby was an <deleted> behind the scenes, like he was so <deleted> judgemental, i rememebr that spat he had with eddie murphy and thinking this guy is such a douch.. its always the people that try to put this halo over their heads that turn out to be the scumbags.

• Like 2

Here is someone that he did not molest.

"I was NOT taking advantage of by Mr. Cosby when I was on the Cosby Show! I was practically a baby on that show and this is truly a disgusting rumor that I want no part of! Everyone on that show treated me with nothing but kindness. Now keep me out of this!"

http://www.mediaite.com/online/disgusting-cosby-show-star-shoots-down-hoax-story-cosby-molested-her/

They didn't come forward because he was clever in the way he did it, he had this whole mo where he's this wonderful family guy and you can trust him and alot of power in the industry-so they would let him into their hotel rooms or go into his office, if your an aspiring Janice Dickenson you don't wanna be the only 'whore' that accuses mr family guy 'for the money'.. i saw the janice dickenson interview and i pretty much beleive that she wouldn't be that passionate about it if he hadn't really slipped her a micky and raped her.. i alwasy suspected that cosby was an <deleted> behind the scenes, like he was so <deleted> judgemental, i rememebr that spat he had with eddie murphy and thinking this guy is such a douch.. its always the people that try to put this halo over their heads that turn out to be the scumbags.

I wasn't there when the alleged incident took place.

I don't know either party personally.

I don't have access to any documentation that would support either party.

I don't have any investigative experience with an alleged incident such as this.

I am not able to tell truth from deception via a TV interview.

I don't know any more than any person who knows less than me.

I do not possess supernatural powers that enable me to see the past or future.

Some do...I suppose.

• Like 1

Punishing him if he hasn't been convicted is unfair. I guess I understand the news story as a business decision ... to avoid controversy. That's their right but it's gutless. I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence but I do have an opinion on his talent: FUNNY MAN!

Punishing him if he hasn't been convicted is unfair. I guess I understand the news story as a business decision ... to avoid controversy. That's their right but it's gutless. I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence but I do have an opinion on his talent: FUNNY MAN!

It is a business, not the courts... and businesses (especially media) are extremely sensitive to bad publicity.... it may be unfair - but that is life.

The allegations are very serious and coming from multiple sources.

That may indeed be true, but its still true Americans love to see celebrities fall, deserved or not. Cosby is an old man now ... I recent saw an interview of him and his affect was bizarre but actually in some ways funnier that ever. No, I am not really defending him. Just not leading a lynch mob either.

Edited by Jingthing

Way to far down the road to find any fault with the Cos ! I for one , knew some people in San Francisco who had dealings with him for years . Everyone of them male & female , always complimented him on his courteous manners and kind hearted soul. I find it very likely we are dealing with a rebuked person , who is looking to take revenge for not being wooed by Cosby. I just don't see how anyone can believe a person who waits 32 years before bringing forth accusations , to damage one of the most respected and loved TV Comedians & Actors of many generations. Especially , when there has never been any other ill behavioral cases ever brought to light ,unless you call his Eddie Murphy incident his fault . Cause he respects certain parts of the Muslim reilgion's teachings ! Only people who want to create Hatred , could see that his remarks were not about what the Evil Muslim Extremists do , or the ancient laws that even modern Muslims know , are not what they believe in because they also are too extreme and are not something Good People of any Faith would do !

Please dear God, don't find anything on Benny Hill. sad.png

it would be very difficult for The Benny Hill Show to thrive today, as many of the gags tend to be made at the expense of women and often walk the line between sexism and outright misogyny.

http://splitsider.com/2013/05/thats-not-funny-thats-sexist-the-controversial-legacy-of-benny-hill/