Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

I'm still having Murders with them. I got a call last Monday and they said they were sending my passport back , getting worried now its been 10 days

I only hope that HMPO used Registered Post or at least Recorded Delivery, and did not simply bung the envelope containing your passport in some letterbox in a tough part of Liverpool. Did they not provide you with some tracking number to enable you to chart delivery progress?

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My father and I submitted passport applications on 5th March. Mine for my sons first Uk passport as a Thai/English, I received a phone call and notification email that it was ready to collect at Trendy Office on the 19th March.

My father was renewing his passport on the same day and received his notification email that his passport was ready for collection on the 23rd March. So a pretty quick service all round.

• Like 1

I'm still having Murders with them. I got a call last Monday and they said they were sending my passport back , getting worried now its been 10 days

I only hope that HMPO used Registered Post or at least Recorded Delivery, and did not simply bung the envelope containing your passport in some letterbox in a tough part of Liverpool. Did they not provide you with some tracking number to enable you to chart delivery progress?

They use DHL for all services, inbound and outbound. You get a tracking number for the application submission so you can see when it arrives in Liverpool but they do not advise the applicant of a tracking number for the new passport coming back. They do advise VFS though but VFS only calls you after they receive it in Bangkok.

I understand that if you do the application 'online' via the .gov.uk website and only submit the supporting docs at VHS, you can check on the entire progress of the renewal application as you will receive an online application tracking number. If you have done the entire submission via VFS, there's no way of tracking it with HMPO beyond the DHL tracker.

They use DHL for all services, inbound and outbound. You get a tracking number for the application submission so you can see when it arrives in Liverpool but they do not advise the applicant of a tracking number for the new passport coming back. They do advise VFS though but VFS only calls you after they receive it in Bangkok.

I understand that if you do the application 'online' via the .gov.uk website and only submit the supporting docs at VHS, you can check on the entire progress of the renewal application as you will receive an online application tracking number. If you have done the entire submission via VFS, there's no way of tracking it with HMPO beyond the DHL tracker.

Unfortunately one cannot currently apply online then file supporting documents at VFS trendy.

The online application process will bump you as soon as you are seen to be applying from Thailand.

Unfortunately one cannot currently apply online then file supporting documents at VFS trendy.

The online application process will bump you as soon as you are seen to be applying from Thailand.

But I do take NanLaew's point that ExPratt would more likely have had his passport returned by DHL courier rather than by Royal Mail (although with HMPO one can never be 100% sure, of course). And, true to form, HMPO would undoubtedly have sent it to With-It Tower for his collection there - in which case it begs the question as to whether his passport has now turned up there but the package containing it has had the misfortune to be opened by a staff member who (in common with the individual at HMPO's Liverpool office who asked for it in the first place) is in desperate need of a coaster for his or her tea-mug for a few weeks.crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m However if he is successful in persuading HMPO's helpline to divulge the relevant DHL tracking number (a big ask, I know), that should, at least, enable him to check its current whereabouts.

Edited by OJAS

I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

re

Regarding transam's observation on not having a 'visible' RFID chip, there's a bright green label affixed to the back of the last, soft page in the new passport that has 'Remove this label' or something printed on it. That label has some fancy embedded metalwork in it like an anti-shoplifting label so it is either for tracking/scanning the new passport in transit or it masks RF access to the RFID chip which may now be embedded in the back cover of the passport.

hes right ! .. here ya go

i applied at trendy 6th march and they called me and e mailed

me on the 23rd saying it was at trendy ready for collection

so i flew to bangkok on tuesday the 24th and got it with the

transfer form

then on the 25th after breakfast i went to the embassy to get it stamped with no appointment and i was in and out in 30

minits

all done smile.png and i flew back to chiang mai this afternoon after going to the jesada technik car museum in nakhon pathom this morning smile.png

dave2

post-42592-0-32337200-1427376633_thumb.j

post-42592-0-94639700-1427376711_thumb.j

post-42592-0-57859800-1427376743_thumb.j

Re: Payment method for British passport renewal.

As my HSBC debit card has failed to reached me twice due to the unknown cause from Thai Post Office so I seek for alternative as below:

Can anyone kindly confirm me the K-Web Shopping Card will work with that payment method for British Passport?

If so, I believe the Kasikorn saving account must be validated in order to obtain that virtual card (cardless). Is that correct?

Appreciate any straight forward responses. blink.png

As my HSBC debit card has failed to reached me twice due to the unknown cause from Thai Post Office so I seek for alternative as below:

Can anyone kindly confirm me the K-Web Shopping Card will work with that payment method for British Passport?

If so, I believe the Kasikorn saving account must be validated in order to obtain that virtual card (cardless). Is that correct?

You can use anyones credit/debit card. Ask a friend/family.

It is possible but a bad practice - it looks as I can take the advantage of using theirs. I prefer to leave it to the last resort. What about K-Web-Shopping card?

It is possible but a bad practice - it looks as I can take the advantage of using theirs. I prefer to leave it to the last resort. What about K-Web-Shopping card?

Dunno, but the cash is taken from a card in the UK, not BKK, so doubt a LOS card will work.

K-Web shopping card is fine. I used that a few days ago and it worked without issue. They charged it about 5 days after passport application submission which I guess means it arrived safely in UK.

That is a relief & I am glad you have succeeded that. I am aware that most Thai debit/credit cards are not very reliable for international methods. So K-Web shopping card is my best bet, I shall request to open the kasikorn saving account tomorrow in order to get that virtual card. Thanks for sharing your kind experience & Cheers.

K-Web shopping card is fine. I used that a few days ago and it worked without issue. They charged it about 5 days after passport application submission which I guess means it arrived safely in UK.

That is a relief & I am glad you have succeeded that. I am aware that most Thai debit/credit cards are not very reliable for international methods. So K-Web shopping card is my best bet, I shall request to open the kasikorn saving account tomorrow in order to get that virtual card. Thanks for sharing your kind experience & Cheers.

SCB now have something similar it's called the SCB Virtual Prepaid Card and it seems to work similarly to the Kasikorn KWeb Shopping Card.

Anyone reading this thread should not expect a regular Thai Debit Card to work for any debit made by HMPO in Liverpool.

So I have my new PP and letter from BE........Can I wait till my immigration report date to transfer the permission to stay stamp next month..?

You can wait if you want to.

Just remember if you had an urgent need to leave you would have to get it done before you leave the country.

So I have my new PP and letter from BE........Can I wait till my immigration report date to transfer the permission to stay stamp next month..?

You can wait if you want to.

Just remember if you had an urgent need to leave you would have to get it done before you leave the country.

Thanks chum...thumbsup.gif

Hi there

A month ago I posted this:

Posted 2015-03-09 08:03:45

cheeryble, on 08 Mar 2015 - 14:30, said:snapback.png

Hi there
I'm just preparing for a passport renewal.
I suffer panic attacks when travelling especially places like Bangkok.
I'm told there is a provision for a nominee to apply in place of a person who cannot show up him or herself for any reason. Correct?

Question and thoughts:
1. Does any previous arrangement have to be made with Trendy for me not going myself.....would it just be informing them when arranging an appointment by email?
2. My wife may go. She would want to be pretty sure her delivering the forms would be acceptable.
3. I could dig up a couple of hospital letters from some years ago describing my condition but without any reference to now or Bangkok. May do?'

Thanks

and got a reply from my pal Soap (who tells me to "Gerra move on!") :

If you cant attend due to health reasons etc,you can nominate someone to go in your place.
All you need to do is email Trendy giving 3 suitable appointment dates,they will return the email giving you a date and time,print this email with the date and time and keep it with your passport documents to show The security at Trendy.

As far as i know there is no need to inform Trendy when making your appointment,just print out a short letter informing them that you are unable to attend due to health reasons etc and give them the name ID or passport number of the person you wish to go in your place,and keep this letter with your passport documents.

Questions:

1. Presumably I can double check it's OK for wife/friend to go in my place when i email Trendy?

2. Would I need a doctor's letter (an expense and nuisance if can be avoided)?

3. When suggesting the three dates from Trendy how do I know the range that are likely acceptable.

ie about how much advance?

4. I particularly sorted my BKK Bank debit card so I could pay online e.g. Skype.

Not good? (Maybe could get the new SCB prepaid?)

Thanks and thanks to those who contribute a lot here!

Cheeryble

Hi there

A month ago I posted this:

Posted 2015-03-09 08:03:45

cheeryble, on 08 Mar 2015 - 14:30, said:snapback.png

Hi there

I'm just preparing for a passport renewal.

I suffer panic attacks when travelling especially places like Bangkok.

I'm told there is a provision for a nominee to apply in place of a person who cannot show up him or herself for any reason. Correct?

Question and thoughts:

1. Does any previous arrangement have to be made with Trendy for me not going myself.....would it just be informing them when arranging an appointment by email?

2. My wife may go. She would want to be pretty sure her delivering the forms would be acceptable.

3. I could dig up a couple of hospital letters from some years ago describing my condition but without any reference to now or Bangkok. May do?'

Thanks

and got a reply from my pal Soap (who tells me to "Gerra move on!") :

If you cant attend due to health reasons etc,you can nominate someone to go in your place.

All you need to do is email Trendy giving 3 suitable appointment dates,they will return the email giving you a date and time,print this email with the date and time and keep it with your passport documents to show The security at Trendy.

As far as i know there is no need to inform Trendy when making your appointment,just print out a short letter informing them that you are unable to attend due to health reasons etc and give them the name ID or passport number of the person you wish to go in your place,and keep this letter with your passport documents.

Questions:

1. Presumably I can double check it's OK for wife/friend to go in my place when i email Trendy?

2. Would I need a doctor's letter (an expense and nuisance if can be avoided)?

3. When suggesting the three dates from Trendy how do I know the range that are likely acceptable.

ie about how much advance?

4. I particularly sorted my BKK Bank debit card so I could pay online e.g. Skype.

Not good? (Maybe could get the new SCB prepaid?)

Thanks and thanks to those who contribute a lot here!

Cheeryble

1)I don't think there is any need to check with the Trendy if you can nominate someone to take your place.

They are only a checking service and only interested in getting a appointment fee.

2) if you enclose a letter with your documents stating you are unable to attend due to health problems, and wish to nominate another person giving their passport/ ID number that will suffice

3) At this time of the year i would give at least 3 weeks plus notice for your appointment,but make sure you can keep this appointment as i think if you don't turn up i believe you cant rebook for another 2 months.

4) For payment be careful on the credit card you use,our K- bank platinum card was rejected at first but after costing over 500฿ on their help ( yourself) line they rectified their mistake

Good luck

I know with your health problems you are a perfect example why in this day and age there is no logic in making the likes of you or your spouse undertake a possible 4,000 kilometre journey to renew a passport.

Of Course you will always get the P.H who thinks whatever the HMPO says must make common sense,but this thread as shown from start to finish the many many flaws in this system.

Confirm soap's advice re items 1-3.

Also, as regards item 4 - payment, HMPO Liverpool process the payment as if you had made a mail order purchase in the UK, it's not an online transaction. This is why Thai credit cards work but Thai debit cards generally do not, the SCB prepaid credit card should be fine as would the K Web shopping card. UK issued payment cards should work without issue.

Thanks Soapy!

And thanks DCK for the bolding.

I'm going to presume a hospital letter not necessary.

ps Coming to CR for the whole month of May according to high command what time should I arrive for breakfast each day?

I guess this appointment will have to be afterwards that would give about three months until passport expire day.

Maybe someone can help me with a situation I am in.

I picked up my new British passport. I am applying for a new extension of stay next Friday. Should I go there first with my old passport to get the visa changed then use my new passport for the visa purposes or do you think it'll be ok just going next Friday with both passports?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I picked up my new British passport. I am applying for a new extension of stay next Friday. Should I go there first with my old passport to get the visa changed then use my new passport for the visa purposes or do you think it'll be ok just going next Friday with both passports?

A very confused post !

Please explain what "visa" you are wanting changed to the new passport .

Hint !

Visas are never moved to new passport

It would be extremely helpful if you could kindly attach a scanned image of the magical "visa" in your old passport that needs to be changed..

It would be extremely helpful if you could kindly attach a scanned image of the magical "visa" in your old passport that needs to be changed..

Sorry , I mean extension of stay, commonly referred to as "visa extension".

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As you now perhaps realise the use of correct terminology assists greatly when individuals seek assistance,

In your case the transfer of information to the new passport can likely be undertaken at the same time as your application for a new "extension of stay based on retirement"

Do you have a letter from the British Embassy confirming the issue of the new passport ?

Edited by nzexpat

As you now perhaps realise the use of correct terminology assists greatly when individuals seek assistance,

In your case the transfer of information to the new passport can likely be undertaken at the same time as your application for a new "extension of stay based on retirement"

Do you have a letter from the British Embassy confirming the issue of the new passport ?

I'm not retired.

Yes, I have the Embassy letter.

A very confused post !

Please explain what "visa" you are wanting changed to the new passport .

Hint !

Visas are never moved to new passport

Small detail:

Yes, visas are never transferred, however notes will be made in the new passport as regards the prior extant visa type/entry date that the first in a sequence of extensions was granted against along with the current valid extension from the old passport.

• Like 1