• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am using this address to contact vfsglobal to make an appointment

[email protected]

Is this correct? As all I get is automated response without ever getting an appointment?

There have been a couple of reports of problems when using 'custom' email addresses: try using a generic gmail address and see if that helps.

• Like 1

OK I sent an email this morning with my 'custom' email, got the using automated response, still waiting for a human reply 3 hours later.

I have now sent a an email using an gmail account, again got the automated response.

Lets see what happens.

OK I sent an email this morning with my 'custom' email, got the using automated response, still waiting for a human reply 3 hours later.

I have now sent a an email using an gmail account, again got the automated response.

Lets see what happens.

I recently applied for an appointment at Trendy, once I had sent my email request I received the auto response virtually immediately and then a couple of hours later I received a very nice email from Trendy confirming my first choice of appointment. My email was sent from gmail and it seems that currently they are doing quick turnarounds, I hope this helped and you get your confirmation email shortly

My recent appointment request was answered within 2/3 hours. Whereas another poster didn't get his response for 2 to 3 days.

Difference between our requests was that mine wanted an appointment within six days whereas the other poster wanted his after about a couple of weeks.

Maybe they respond sooner to emails requesting earlier appointments?

Edit - just seen your recent email of success. Good news.

Edited by dabhand

My recent appointment request was answered within 2/3 hours. Whereas another poster didn't get his response for 2 to 3 days.

Difference between our requests was that mine wanted an appointment within six days whereas the other poster wanted his after about a couple of weeks.

Maybe they respond sooner to emails requesting earlier appointments?

Edit - just seen your recent email of success. Good news.

No, I asked months ahead, next or same day day response.

• Like 1

Yes, you can have two passports. Many oil patch workers have two. You need a letter from a company stating why when you apply.

I have two British passports and work in the oil patch I just sent a mail to Trendy today asking for an appointment on Thursday afternoon and 3 hours later they sent me a confirmation letter.

You are correct you need a letter from the company to explain the reason why you need to hold two passports. I have held two passports for more than 30 years

Just checking if any guys living here have two British passports and they have recently renewed one of the two at Trendy.

I renewed both of mine at Trendy within 6 weeks of each other at the start of this year. I needed a letter from my agency for each renewal explaining the need as well as mentioning the 'second' passport in the 'additional comments' part of each application. I retained both 'old' passports while the new ones were being made and sent from the UK although I understand they may have recently changed that procedure and allow old passport retention on the first renewal only with the second renewal requiring that the old passport be submitted with the application.

Just checking if any guys living here have two British passports and they have recently renewed one of the two at Trendy.

I renewed both of mine at Trendy within 6 weeks of each other at the start of this year. I needed a letter from my agency for each renewal explaining the need as well as mentioning the 'second' passport in the 'additional comments' part of each application. I retained both 'old' passports while the new ones were being made and sent from the UK although I understand they may have recently changed that procedure and allow old passport retention on the first renewal only with the second renewal requiring that the old passport be submitted with the application.

Yes that appears to be the deal as per the mail I received from Liverpool recently. I will get the full story on Thursday but I will take the mails that I received from the UK to show Trendy as they may not be up to speed on the two passport renewals. On the passport that will be sent to the UK they confirmed they will chop the corner and return with the new one.

Yes that appears to be the deal as per the mail I received from Liverpool recently. I will get the full story on Thursday but I will take the mails that I received from the UK to show Trendy as they may not be up to speed on the two passport renewals. On the passport that will be sent to the UK they confirmed they will chop the corner and return with the new one.

Why does one of your passports (as opposed to copies of it) need to be sent to the UK?

Why does one of your passports (as opposed to copies of it) need to be sent to the UK?

Maybe it is a change of policy or he is replacing BOTH passports at the same time? Mine were done separately so I kept both 'old' ones while the new ones were being issued and the Trendy staff lopped the corners off the old ones after I had verified the new passports were correct.

If it is a simultaneous renewal, then the applicant can retain the 'old' passport that enables/qualifies his presence in Thailand and according to Thai law, needs to be in the aliens possession. The other old one doesn't have any legal requirement to be retained so can be surrendered at the time of application?

Just for the record I only renewed one of my two passports, not both at the same time.

I just left Trendy not long ago and the application was completed in 15 min, very simple process with no issues.

As previously stated I sent a mail to Liverpool last week asking what the procedure was when renewing one of the two passports and they sent a mail back with the following information.

1. On the passport I wish to renew it needs to be sent with the application, and will be returned with the new one.

2. On the other passport I need to copy every page and submit with the application.

Just for the record I only renewed one of my two passports, not both at the same time.

I just left Trendy not long ago and the application was completed in 15 min, very simple process with no issues.

As previously stated I sent a mail to Liverpool last week asking what the procedure was when renewing one of the two passports and they sent a mail back with the following information.

1. On the passport I wish to renew it needs to be sent with the application, and will be returned with the new one.

2. On the other passport I need to copy every page and submit with the application.

What happens if your Thai Visa's are in the one you send to UK?

• Like 1

I am sure if you was holding two passports you would know the score.

No idea - do tell - it may help others that have two passports.

• 2 weeks later...

On the 27th August I went to Trendy to renew one of my two passports. Today they sent me a letter that my new passport was ready for collection.

The whole process was trouble free with no issues noted.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I eventually got a new UK passport for my girl, it arrived today after 1.5 years since I first started considering how to go about it (her resident in Thai and me living and working overseas).

We relocated to Singapore last year and my daughter came back to live with us, being granted a dependents pass.

Applied on line in Singapore.

It took 1 week to process in the UK and arrived here by DHL. So glad that we avoided:-

1. The fiasco of passports being issued last year, what was it, three months waiting time at one point? (I hope heads did roll).
  2. The fiasco of having to apply via 1 x office for the whole of Thailand (OK if you nearby but pants if you are miles away).

Last year I did write several letters to complain about the above issues, plus emails and a couple of phone calls.

Cheers

Good result.

They (UKPA) have obviously responded well, I had a passport come back in 8 working days.

Note: Nobody needs to travel to Bangkok (twice) to achieve renewal of their passport'

• Like 1

Does anyone know if a Krungthai bank visa debit card,would be acceptable as payment to the HMPO to renew a British passport

Thanks

Very much doubt it - have one myself, it doesn't have one's name/and card number in raised letters, which seem to be the mark of the 'gold standard' for internationally functioning debit cards.

We know that the Kasikorn K Web Shopping Card has worked with HMPO, (obtainable only with a Kasikorn Saving Account plus Internet banking), but that the SCB Virtual Credit Card doesn't (or didn't when I last checked with them a few months ago).

• Like 1

Does anyone know if a Krungthai bank visa debit card,would be acceptable as payment to the HMPO to renew a British passport

Thanks

Very much doubt it - have one myself, it doesn't have one's name/and card number in raised letters, which seem to be the mark of the 'gold standard' for internationally functioning debit cards.

We know that the Kasikorn K Web Shopping Card has worked with HMPO, (obtainable only with a Kasikorn Saving Account plus Internet banking), but that the SCB Virtual Credit Card doesn't (or didn't when I last checked with them a few months ago).

I used mine when the applications had to be sent to Hong Kong.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just got an email from Her Majesty's Passport Office saying they were unable to process my bangkok bank visa debit card. Quite annoyed at bangkok bank as I called them to check before hand and they were sure it would be accepted. Anyway HMPO gave me a phone number and reference number to call and I paid with a Kasikorn credit card which was accepted immediately. Now waiting for the passport's return leg...

Just got an email from Her Majesty's Passport Office saying they were unable to process my bangkok bank visa debit card. Quite annoyed at bangkok bank as I called them to check before hand and they were sure it would be accepted. Anyway HMPO gave me a phone number and reference number to call and I paid with a Kasikorn credit card which was accepted immediately. Now waiting for the passport's return leg...

The last I checked, Bangkok Bank was issuing Visa Electron cards which work nowhere outside Thailand.

Like others, I have used the K-Web shopping card without difficulty.

The last I checked, Bangkok Bank was issuing Visa Electron cards which work nowhere outside Thailand.

Like others, I have used the K-Web shopping card without difficulty.

I have a Bangkok Bank debit card and it is not an electron card. I have used it for online purchases outside of Thailand. The problem is not with the card itself it is how it is processed at the passport office in the UK,