Bangkok UK HMPO

Thought I would relay my personal experience in renewing my passport at the above office

to help anyone who may be concerned about doing the same thing.

I initially went on line and downloaded the application form, credit card payment form, and

the help notes for completing the forms.

I printed out the application form and credit card payment form and duly completed same.

I sent the required e-mail to request an appointment to submit my application including

three preferred dates for them to hopefully give me one of my preferred dates.

I received an acknowledgement of my e-mail immediately and the next day, I think, I was

sent another e-mail offering me my third choice which was on the 4th of Nov AM.

The HMPO is on the 28th floor of the Trendy building on Sukumvit soi 13 and on the left coming from

Sukumvit, is not well marked but I would assess it is not more than 100 metres from Sukumvit and

it has about three entrances, all of which you can use and still easily find your destination.

In the lobby where the lifts are you will find a small stand alone desk, facing and near the entrance

door, occupied by three enthusiastic very helpful young girls. You show them your appointment letter

and they will stamp it and point you in the right direction.

On reaching the 28th floor you are faced with another reception desk where they will quickly check your

apointment letter and issue you with a queue number. You then pass through a security scanner and in

my case straight through to the application interview room, as there was no one waiting in front of me.

I was sitting opposite a very nice young lady whose english was very good and she ran through my

documents fairly quickly and efficiently, asked me one or two things to clarify a few points and that was

the application completed. I asked her how long the renewal might take and she told me fron 6 to 12 weeks.

I left the Trendy building about 20 minutes before my actual appointment time, so a fairly painless exercise

all round.

On the 17th of Nov I received a phone call from the Bangkok HMPO to inform me that my Passport was

ready for collection, and the next morning an e-mail to confirm the same. So in my case passport renewed

in 2 weeks. Hope anyone applying gets the same treatment. Well done Bangkok HMPO thanks. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

Edited by phuketjock
  • Like 1

Good info Jock. Can you tell what was the date that you emailed them for an appointment date?

There's recent claims that the wait time for an appointment is 4 weeks. So it would be good to know what the total turnaround time was.

It does appear that the iinternational bit of the process has been vastly improved so hoping that the same is happening at the VFS (HMPO submission) office as well.

Whilst it's very good to read that the service is improving, I'm not sure that we need another thread on the subject.

There is another long running thread on this subject and I notice you have also posted the same information there, so I will close this one.