bang saen speed festival

jacksam

Report from BangSaen. I'm so so glad I came to this event. Yes many many Thai folk... Which BTW I love.

Plenty if seating. Big days racing ahead today. I've only been to races in gold coast AU prior. I'll be going to more now in Thailand. For sure I'll be coming here next year. Car racing all day. Beers on lovely beach at night. Music ..what more does one need. Even the Thai gf is loving it.

How do you post pic here. Took nice one of model with car.

I remember when I first got to Thailand in 2003 and how I kept hearing by all the principles I had meetings with that there was no money to race there like there was in the west and when I told them that was nonsense it was more about marketing and presentation, like getting sponsors just to paint their products on the walls for the cost of the paint and labor as the track looked very tired and unprofessional on TV or even just putting up posters whether or not they actually sponsored just for presentation and then later maybe approach the actual companies for some support now having demonstrated how the exposure would benefit them and get a one make series to keep cost down for entry level drivers to grow the sport and it's exposure to fans. Run races in other provinces at airports or street venues instead of just Bira to gain country wide exposure and they were very happy to take my ideas and run with them which is a compliment but the idea was to bring me in as well.

At least by doing these small things they'd be getting them involved at ground level and improving the look of their product which they couldn't afford to do at the time.

I'm happy to see they proved me right, but quite disappointing not to have gotten any of the credit and most of all, inclusion for my ideas which also included a race exactly like this as the season finale spectacle.

Edited by WarpSpeed

best photo has to be the Red/white Porsche with matching red/white crash wall , and sponsored by an Insurance company smile.png

Yeah and it was Darrell Quans car, not sure if he was driving? But he's a Hong Kong based driver of Canadian citizenship that has had quite a bit of experience racing around Asia and over the last several years in Europe too and the WTCC touring car championship. He's raced at Macau too many times, but he does have a rep for testing the strength of the barriers and the depth of the gravel traps.

I remember when I first got to Thailand in 2003 and how I kept hearing by all the principles I had meetings with that there was no money to race there like there was in the west and when I told them that was nonsense it was more about marketing and presentation, like getting sponsors just to paint their products on the walls for the cost of the paint and labor as the track looked very tired and unprofessional on TV or even just putting up posters whether or not they actually sponsored just for presentation and then later maybe approach the actual companies for some support now having demonstrated how the exposure would benefit them and get a one make series to keep cost down for entry level drivers to grow the sport and it's exposure to fans. Run races in other provinces at airports or street venues instead of just Bira to gain country wide exposure and they were very happy to take my ideas and run with them which is a compliment but the idea was to bring me in as well.

At least by doing these small things they'd be getting them involved at ground level and improving the look of their product which they couldn't afford to do at the time.

I'm happy to see they proved me right, but quite disappointing not to have gotten any of the credit and most of all, inclusion for my ideas which also included a race exactly like this as the season finale spectacle.

Awesome. Did not know we have the godfather of Thailand racing amongst us.

best photo has to be the Red/white Porsche with matching red/white crash wall , and sponsored by an Insurance company smile.png

Yeah and it was Darrell Quans car, not sure if he was driving? But he's a Hong Kong based driver of Canadian citizenship that has had quite a bit of experience racing around Asia and over the last several years in Europe too and the WTCC touring car championship. He's raced at Macau too many times, but he does have a rep for testing the strength of the barriers and the depth of the gravel traps.

Name on the car is Darryl O'Young.

Yeah that's a mis-print, O'Young is who I meant, but your answer to the first part was completely anticipated and typical.. I appreciate the recognition, however insincere and patronizing it may be...

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 1

I apologize if I came across as patronizing and insincere. without your input more than 10 years ago we would not have such a wonderful track like the new one in Buriram.

Why did Newin Chidchob not dedicate the grandstand in your honour ?

Did you advise Herman Tilke on the track design ?

Thanks again for your recognition and the sarcasm, he didn't because he's Thai and Thai's don't need anyone else (read farang) suggesting to them how to do things.......See? I can be sarcastic too.. BTW what track did Herman design again?? coffee1.gif Certainly you're not trying to suggest and tattoo him with the street course in Bang Sean and more over there's no other track in Thailand he designed that he would possibly put his name on.. Maybe in the future, not now, none of those tracks are FIA accredited and he won't do it if it's not..

Edited by WarpSpeed

Thanks again for your recognition and the sarcasm, he didn't because he's Thai and Thai's don't need anyone else (read farang) suggesting to them how to do things.......See? I can be sarcastic too.. BTW what track did Herman design again?? coffee1.gif Certainly you're not trying to suggest and tattoo him with the street course in Bang Sean and more over there's no other track in Thailand he designed that he would possibly put his name on.. Maybe in the future, not now, none of those tracks are FIA accredited and he won't do it if it's not..

You would be correct, Iam certainly not crediting the Bang Saen course to Herman... you done well to guess that... did you base your guess on the fact that I never mentioned that ?

As to the rest of your diatribe showing your hatred of Thais. Newin (who is Thai) happily credits his track to a Farang. It may have been Thai money that funded it but without Herman it would never have been done to the standard it has been.

What diatribe are you speaking of? (you've been dying to use that word haven't you? You need to use it in the proper context though) What track are you speaking of? I have no agenda against Thai's I'm just open eyed to the political reality Mr. Rose tinted glasses.. The only reason he's giving Herman any credit is because it gives him face to do so and legitimizes the Thai program given his reputation in the racing world, if you don't understand that you really have no clue of what you speak, on second thought it's already obvious you have no clue and my KNOWING Tilke didn't design Bang Saen wasn't guessing but you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Ok so now I'm done with you, you're just looking for a fight and are completely off topic and out of touch, toddle off now..

Edited by WarpSpeed