House Warming

chuang

A friend is having a house warming ( thai style ) for his new house for about 50 guests....how much would it costs ..catering/tables/chairs/tents..is it better to go through hotel or private caterers....understand monks have to be paid for their blessing services......any advice is appreciated..thank you.

Depends where they live....

In an established village, the temple usually has tables, chairs, cutlery, glasses, plates, etc. to borrow (just replace breakages + donation).

There are many small food caterers around for the type of fare on sale in the local markets. Just ask at the local market - my sister-in-law sells food in a market and caters like this on ocassion. 100-150 baht per head. We went to a wedding on Sunday and it was 120 per head, which included tables, chairs etc.

Of course, you could spend considerably more and use a restaurant/hotel.

Monks have to be booked in advance and will require chaufering, a donation bucket of monkly goodies and cash (500-1000) per monk.

• Like 1

Monks from the village temple are 500B a head,I drove them myself, on the way home we all stopped for a ciggie. Nice guys. Would have included table a chair rental and gazebos but we didn't need them.

Food we paid 5000B for about 50 people. Beer, whisky and soft drinks another 5000B or so.

After donations, we turned a profit, not the aim of course, but nice after the moving expenses.

• Like 2

Monks from the village temple are 500B a head,I drove them myself, on the way home we all stopped for a ciggie. Nice guys. Would have included table a chair rental and gazebos but we didn't need them.

Food we paid 5000B for about 50 people. Beer, whisky and soft drinks another 5000B or so.

After donations, we turned a profit, not the aim of course, but nice after the moving expenses.

Nice one !