Best Brouser for Windows 8.1

chiangrai

Hi,

Some of you will know me.........I have a new Lenova 10 inch notebook touch screen and keyboard with windows 8.1 on it.

On windows 7 I used the Firefox browser and liked it.

My windows 8.1 has Internet explorer already.....should I stick with that or try to put a better browser on it.

Can I use the old Firefox or do I kneed to get the version for windows 8.1

Which ever one I use I will have to learn how to use it so I want to decide on the browser before I start.

Can I use the standard Firefox or should I try something else.

Thanks for your time.

All browsers work just fine on Win 8.1...or Win 7. It's purely a user's preference in browsers like most software. Heck, I use Chrome and IE on my Win 8.1 computer...on another Win 7 computer I have Chrome, IE, and Firefox. Purely up to you which browser to use.

• Like 1

Mozilla is the best browser on Windows

On a worldwide basis, 17% of folks use Mozilla (Firefox)...and that percentage is slowly dropping along with IE's market share. Chrome is biting deep into most every browser's market share.

But all browsers do the basic browsing job just fine, but Chrome and Firefox add-on/extensions (which IE is severely lacking in) can make the interneting experience more productive and fun.

http://gs.statcounter.com/

post-55970-0-50041700-1416539265_thumb.j

Does anyone have a problem when loading websites with Internet Explorer? Sometimes I have 5-10 tabs opened, and the website might be long, so I start scrolling down, to a point, the whole website doesn't move anymore, and I scroll back up, it starts moving. Back down, same problem. Basically the website is unable to load whatever is down there, regardless of what website. I am thinking of a insufficient memory problem/flash player problem/etc. This only happens on internet explorer and not others.

I have tried uninstalling internet explorer, flash player, etc.

No solutions yet.

Like when it happens, I can use my mouse to scroll down 30% of the page, then it stops. Then I scroll the same amount up, and the website moves again. This proves that the website didn't "hang", it indeed did move down, but was unable to load the content.

Hope I'm not alone. And Mozilla never have any problems with this.

I rarely use Mozilla/Firefox, but I have experienced the same scrolling problem with IE and Chrome whenever the internet connection is slow, bogged down usually at night when everyone has come home from work and school and using the internet a lot. Sometimes I just switch to a VPN conneciton with U.S. IP address and the problem goes away.

I have always used and preferred the Mozilla Firefox browser. However, they have just announced that in December they will be using Yahoo as their default search engine. That's a big step DOWNWARD. I suppose it's not a huge problem just to bookmark Google Search, but... (First World Problems!)

I have always used and preferred the Mozilla Firefox browser. However, they have just announced that in December they will be using Yahoo as their default search engine. That's a big step DOWNWARD. I suppose it's not a huge problem just to bookmark Google Search, but... (First World Problems!)

Expect Yahoo offered Firefox a better (i.e, more profitable) deal. However, Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, eBay, Amazon, Twitter and Wikipedia will continue to be built-in as alternate search options. See this Link for more info.

Apparently a lot of people use their browser in such a way they never change the default settings.

IE comes with Bing as its default search engine but you can change it to whatever you want, I.e., google, etc.

• Like 1

You are wrong, the window 8 works like shit.

My new HP touch screen comes with window 8,

and till now the mouse is still jumping not stable,

even HP change the board, hardisk and still the same.

Its not the hardware problem, its the windows problem,

not compatible and not functioning properly,

but Microsoft blame it on the hardware, my foot is the hardware problem,

when the mouse is jumping, on certain times.

If you are a web developer you will quickly learn that IE is the worst browser to comply with the latest HTML5 and CSS3 programming tags and features. What this means is more a pain in the butt for developers, but Firefox and Chrome tend to be more up-to-date with the latest HTML5 and CSS3. IE does seem to be catching up, but I just don't like how long it took them to wake up.

I don't know much about Opera, but as others have said the most popular browsers are FireFox and Chrome. It's not really a matter of the OS, because the browsers are made to work with the latest OS's. Often they have upgraded their browsers for the latest OS before that OS is released. The OS manufacturers gives the browser companies and others software companies what they need to upgrade their browsers and programs before the release of the OS. That is the way this industry works.

Edited by oneday

Tuskfish, on 21 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:

Best according to who, you yes, maybe others...but others would say chrome or opera or.... the fact is, there is nothing wrong wit Internet Explorer, in fact some sites only run correctly on IE. I would like to see why people say their "favourite," browser, is the best... I challenge you... go read this, then make your choice. http://au.pcmag.com/internet-products/8735/feature/which-browser-is-best-chrome-vs-firefox-vs-interne

Pib, on 21 Nov 2014 - 11:10, said:
Tuskfish, on 21 Nov 2014 - 10:37, said:

On a worldwide basis, 17% of folks use Mozilla (Firefox)...and that percentage is slowly dropping along with IE's market share. Chrome is biting deep into most every browser's market share.

But all browsers do the basic browsing job just fine, but Chrome and Firefox add-on/extensions (which IE is severely lacking in) can make the interneting experience more productive and fun.

http://gs.statcounter.com/

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Mmm, it all depends on where you get your "stats." http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/01/ie11-finally-passes-ie8-to-become-the-worlds-most-popular-browser-chrome-flat-firefox-continues-to-fall/

rightlineman, on 21 Nov 2014 - 14:44, said:

I can't download Silverlight from Microsoft on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10 SM-T520. Use it for charting the market on my lap top window 7.

Is it because it's an Android operating system? Any answer? Thanks

You guessed right...... Silverlight is designed for Internet Explorer. Microsoft, Windows, Internet Explorer...Silverlight, not hard to understand. Some people should not be allowed to play with computers.

You are wrong, the window 8 works like shit.

My new HP touch screen comes with window 8,

and till now the mouse is still jumping not stable,

even HP change the board, hardisk and still the same.

Its not the hardware problem, its the windows problem,

not compatible and not functioning properly,

but Microsoft blame it on the hardware, my foot is the hardware problem,

when the mouse is jumping, on certain times.

Does your Windows 8 receive the regular updates?

I am using Windows 8.1 and I have IE11, Firefox and Google chrome all working very well.

Computer is HP Pavillion 23 Touch screen. I do use mouse and keyboard.

Makes a difference if your operating system is original.

I also uninstalled McAfee and run Windows Defender.

I presume I have the origonal windows,the notebook came with it allready insatlled.

It's a 10inch lenova from Invadeit.

when I tried to increase the text size it only had small and medium but I see some versions on utube had large and extra large this would sugest that it might be a special edition for asia only.

A link to where you got your firefox would be great

As my beloved Opera Classic (i.e. v. 12, not the newer Chromium-based versions) is compatible with fewer and fewer web sites, I've taken a liking to Comodo's Dragon browser. It is a Chromium browser, but with two big advantages (IMHO) over Google Chrome: A true virtualized mode (totally sandboxed), and no Google monitoring of all web activity as alleged with Chrome.

So I've just got this computer and can't do any thing until I find the right Firefox.

My computer is runing WINDOWS 8.1 64bit

I would love a link for a version of Firefox that goes with this and that can suport

the zoom by touchscreen.

If anybody is runing this version and the zoom by touch screen is working

please send me a link or the number of that you are using,thanks

So I've just got this computer and can't do any thing until I find the right Firefox.

My computer is runing WINDOWS 8.1 64bit

I would love a link for a version of Firefox that goes with this and that can suport

the zoom by touchscreen.

If anybody is runing this version and the zoom by touch screen is working

please send me a link or the number of that you are using,thanks

https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2014/02/07/firefox-for-windows-8-touch-beta-is-ready-for-testing/

If you’re on Windows 8, visit the Windows Start screen to locate the Firefox tile. On Windows 8.1, visit the All Apps Screen, locate the tile there and pin it to your start screen. Find more details here. Please remember to share your feedback and file any bugs. Happy testing!
Edited by Chicog