Uber Report

TacoHell

Thats pretty good. What was their response time?

5 minutes in Rawai, 2 minutes on the return from Karon. Saved 3 Baht on return :) Fare breakdown below.

฿376.00

Map + to/from

09:33pm

Thanon Patak, Tambon Karon, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83100, Thailand

09:47pm

Rural Road 4009 Phuket, Tambon Rawai, Amphoe Mueang Phuket, Chang Wat Phuket 83100, Thailand

CAR

Uber

KILOMETERS

TRIP TIME

00:13:52

Fare details

FARE BREAKDOWN

Base Fare

Distance

Time

Subtotal

฿376.12

Rounding Down

CHARGED

฿376.00

Edited by TacoHell
  • Like 1

Ok good point, let me rephrase... Scum ball service and attitude....

Anyway, same "scumball and attitude" - just at an Uber price. biggrin.png

No it's not. Uber works on customer feedback about each driver. They receive enough negative feedback = They don't work with Uber any longer,

No it's not. Uber works on customer feedback about each driver. They receive enough negative feedback = They don't work with Uber any longer,

Ok, so, we may cull a few Phuket "limo" Uber drivers for bad feedback - so what????

Uber is only using Phuket "limo" drivers - for obvious reasons, well discussed on this forum, many times, and at length. Mostly related to violence against anyone who dare offer an alternative service.

Doesn't matter how much poor feedback Uber gets, the Phuket "limo" drivers are Uber's only option to get into Phuket, and that means, "THE ASSOCIATION" gets their cut, further entrenching their grip on transport here.

It has to stop. There needs to be a free market for transport here, like elsewhere in Thailand.

The Thai Army smashed up the beach enroachment racket - why not the transport racket????

It's not about the driver - it's about the price.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Uber is only using Phuket "limo" drivers - for obvious reasons, well discussed on this forum, many times, and at length. Mostly related to violence against anyone who dare offer an alternative service.

Uber is now recruiting UberX drivers un Phuket. Since you seem to be to inept to do any research https://partners.uber.com/signup/phuket/

@ TacoHell

This was the article I was referring to in my post.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-business/Uber-taps-Phuket-taxi-cash-flow/39444#ad-image-0

This is the relative paragraph, in the article:

"The Uber application for smartphones allows members to track Uber-approved drivers in the area – who are registered legal taxi drivers in Phuket already – as well as hail drivers with the tap of the screen."

At the time of that post, this was the information I relied upon.

If Uber are now recruiting drivers who are not "registered legal taxi drivers" - things could get interesting. Especially due to many spending considerable money to become legal, recently.