Pattaya eyes Pratamnak Hill for huge eco-tourism attraction

Rimmer

Pattaya eyes Pratamnak Hill for huge eco-tourism attraction

n7hearing-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya is considering turning a large section of Pratamnak Hill into an ecological tourist attraction with parks, bike routes, and scenic viewing areas.

Mayor Itthiphol Kunplome presided over the first of likely many hearings on the “Thappraya Royal Park” project Nov. 11 at the Season Hotel Pattaya. The project will be debated in a series of meetings and, if approved, would start development in 2016.

Kanchit Phuboonlab, project manager for Feel Green Design Co, which has been hired by the city to write the feasibility study, said Pratamnak Hill, with its green acreage and natural viewpoints, is an ideal place to develop into a park attraction. However, he said, access to the prime areas has always been the problem.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-eyes-pratamnak-hill-for-huge-eco-tourism-attraction-42959#sthash.JNbQMfAJ.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2014-11-21 footer_n.gif

The existing park area does afford a spectacular view of the Unixx South condo building and the Waterfront. Neither seems very green to me.

That waterfront project is under some cloud at the moment?

Not sure what the outcome is but I see quite a lot of thais with tshirts printed with a big X over the image of that building with the words "save pattaya".

I hope these protesters win if only to save pattaya from unethical developers, though I doubt it.

In the meantime what better way to detract from the Waterfront controversy than to promise a pie in the sky project that will probably never happen.

That waterfront project is under some cloud at the moment?

Not sure what the outcome is but I see quite a lot of thais with tshirts printed with a big X over the image of that building with the words "save pattaya".

I go past Waterfront quite often. It seems like months since I saw any activity there at all.

Unixx however is the proverbial hive of activity.