Can your Home Country learn anything from Thailand?

NoshowJones

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TV licence is the only one I agree with.

Were you ever a driver in the UK sitting at traffic lights at 3am for ages when there are very little traffic on the roads? If you want to build a garage for your car, are you happy to let someone else tell you whether you can or can't, despite it being your land, and then charge you a fortune for their "services"?

• Like 2

Make immigrants pay for their healthcare or get adequate health insurance, then the NHS wouldnt be in such a mess.

Help to stop medical tourism.

Is that a major issue?

Once a person is accepted as an Immigrant, doesn't that privilege/right come under the UK's generous Social Umbrella?

Thai people seem to have more personal responsibility in the sense that they don't go around blaming other people for their own stupid mistakes. At least not in a court of law. I'm not aware of it anyway... Meanwhile, in the west, you hear stories about people suing automobile manufacturers bc they didn't know they shouldn't cross the road in the middle of traffic.

I also think the west needs to chill out on prostitution. USA definitely does. It's a woman's right to choose what she does with her body, right? And doesn't every guy- even ones with no game- deserve a chance to get laid once in a while?

• Like 1

TV licence is the only one I agree with.

Were you ever a driver in the UK sitting at traffic lights at 3am for ages when there are very little traffic on the roads? If you want to build a garage for your car, are you happy to let someone else tell you whether you can or can't, despite it being your land, and then charge you a fortune for their "services"?

I'd rather be sitting at those lights than in a crash.

I don't see why everybody in the street should have to put up with or have their house value dropped when someone builds some hideous nasty extension. You'd have no problem building a garage or whatever if it doesn't affect other people.

You'd have no problem if somebody opens an all night karaoke bar next to you on their own land ?

You are not going to be in a crash if you slow right down and make sure the road is clear before you carry on. Flashing lights remember. No one is going to do anything to their property that is obviously going to bring down the value of their house, one persons hideous nasty extension could be anothers masterpiece.

I would not have a problem if the karaoke Bar kept it's music at an acceptable level and was turned off at midnight.

Thai people seem to have more personal responsibility in the sense that they don't go around blaming other people for their own stupid mistakes. At least not in a court of law. I'm not aware of it anyway... Meanwhile, in the west, you hear stories about people suing automobile manufacturers bc they didn't know they shouldn't cross the road in the middle of traffic.

I also think the west needs to chill out on prostitution. USA definitely does. It's a woman's right to choose what she does with her body, right? And doesn't every guy- even ones with no game- deserve a chance to get laid once in a while?

Your last paragraph is spot on.

• Like 1

Thais are patient. The are good at making things including food. Food in China is good too, but less consistant than Thailand. Every kitchen in China should have a Thai person.

They have a nice sense of aesthetics. I like the prefab coffee shops. They are adorable. The coffee shops are better built and maintained than most shopping malls and apartment buildings

Patience

I am trying not laugh

What is TV license.....a tax on a web site?

Well, if you relieve stuff over the air waves you must pay for a license in the UK.

I remember when you paid a lot less if you only had a black and white telly, and those detector vans could not tell the difference between a colour telly and a black and white one. I'm a naughty boy aren't I Trans.

• Like 1