Can your Home Country learn anything from Thailand?

NoshowJones

I am trying not laugh

What is TV license.....a tax on a web site?

Well, if you relieve stuff over the air waves you must pay for a license in the UK.

Same as in most other western countries..................50 years ago.

You have color tv overthere already?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nobody has a problem with a mosque being built next door complete with loudspeakers and worshippers arriving at all times and parking in front of their drive? If you don't pay for a licence, advert free BBC would be gone, perhaps a good direction to go as it is deteriorating and becoming a left wing/women's lib mouthpiece. Many junctions in the UK have left filter lanes or a left filter green arrow..... in Thailand that lane would get blocked by people with no intention of turning left.

Immigrants are the only ones who will take on these jobs.......

Plenty of good things in Thailand which are not available in the UK, but for me, planning permission is not one of them.

I have a problem with Mosques being built anywhere in the UK, I won't go into the reasons, so lets just say that Britain is not Britain anymore. As far as planning permission goes, I said that 'as long as it does not interfere with anyone else', mosques would as Karaoke bars also would.

As a Brit, I don't have a problem with mosques, synagogues, gurdwaras or temples any more than I have a problem with churches. Britain remains Britain, a nation built upon centuries of immigration.

Yes planning permission should consider location, but it should be considered for all religious establishments. As a non Christian, church bells annoy me just as much as the call to prayer.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

I am trying not laugh

What is TV license.....a tax on a web site?

Well, if you relieve stuff over the air waves you must pay for a license in the UK.

Same as in most other western countries..................50 years ago.

You have color tv overthere already?

Around two dozen countries in Europe have a TV licence.

Whether the people in them whine about it as much as the Brits do, I have no idea.

As a Brit, I don't have a problem with mosques, synagogues, gurdwaras or temples any more than I have a problem with churches. Britain remains Britain, a nation built upon centuries of immigration.

"Britain remains Britain, a nation built upon centuries of immigration."

Wouldn't a truer statement be ...

Britain remains Britain, a nation built upon centuries of im migration.

So nobody has a problem with a mosque being built next door complete with loudspeakers and worshippers arriving at all times and parking in front of their drive? If you don't pay for a licence, advert free BBC would be gone, perhaps a good direction to go as it is deteriorating and becoming a left wing/women's lib mouthpiece. Many junctions in the UK have left filter lanes or a left filter green arrow..... in Thailand that lane would get blocked by people with no intention of turning left.

Plenty of good things in Thailand which are not available in the UK, but for me, planning permission is not one of them.

I have a problem with Mosques being built anywhere in the UK, I won't go into the reasons, so lets just say that Britain is not Britain anymore. As far as planning permission goes, I said that 'as long as it does not interfere with anyone else', mosques would as Karaoke bars also would.

Sorry, I have to disagree, Britain is over run with Immigrants, if Immigrants want to come to Britain, fair enough, if they work, pay their taxes, don't pick up benefits, don't expect us to change our way of life to suit them, no criminal activities, then they are welcome, otherwise, keep them out.

Sorry, I have to disagree, Britain is over run with Immigrants, if Immigrants want to come to Britain, fair enough, if they work, pay their taxes, don't pick up benefits, don't expect us to change our way of life to suit them, no criminal activities, then they are welcome, otherwise, keep them out.

I guess we shouldn't expect Thailand to change to suit us either then.

SoiBiker, Have you ever heard of any expats who expect Thailand to change their ways to suit them? of course not.

Us expats contribute to the Thai economy. Can't you see the difference between that and Immigrants crowding in to Britain and picking up benefits sponging off the British taxpayers?

• Like 1

SoiBiker, Have you ever heard of any expats who expect Thailand to change their ways to suit them? of course not.

Us expats contribute to the Thai economy. Can't you see the difference between that and Immigrants crowding in to Britain and picking up benefits sponging off the British taxpayers?

Have you never read this forum?

Most immigrants come to the UK to work.

Not sure what are you disagreeing with? Your comment is not really related to mine. I didn't say I didn't have a problem with people 'claiming benefits', 'not paying tax' or 'being criminals', because I do. I don't think these activites are specific or more prevalant with immigrants, stats show the contrary, but this is not related to my comment.

'our way of life' is arbitrary and depends on individual perspective - I'm sure my concept of 'our way of life' differs from yours, for example, I'm perfectly used to buildings for every faith and religion being in the UK, as they have for centuries (oldest mosque from late 1800s, oldest synagogue from mid 1700s).

Edited by rwdrwdrwd

MediaWatcher, you obviously have not driven in the UK. A traffic light at red for only 30secs?????????. What about a Taxi driver working on night shift in many UK cities. Not having been a taxi driver, I can just imagine what it would be like. I have had to drive lots of times in the early hours due to my work, I often went through red lights, but would always stop dead first, then depending on what view I had, I would go through the red light if everything was clear.

Taxi drivers love red lights as your on a taxi meter and they get paid for waiting

Edited by Brasilouro

Yes they do come to the UK to work, read my post again, did I not say that those Immigrants are welcome?

There are so many who don't come to work, and only to pick up benefits and beg in the streets. Glasgows streets were full of Eastern European women sitting on the pavements holding out their wee white cups.

I say it again, those people are not welcome in the UK as far as I'm concerned, sponging of the UK taxpayer.

• Like 1

MediaWatcher, you obviously have not driven in the UK. A traffic light at red for only 30secs?????????. What about a Taxi driver working on night shift in many UK cities. Not having been a taxi driver, I can just imagine what it would be like. I have had to drive lots of times in the early hours due to my work, I often went through red lights, but would always stop dead first, then depending on what view I had, I would go through the red light if everything was clear.

Taxi drivers love red lights as your on a taxi meter and they get paid for waiting

What about the ones who don't have a passenger?

I think the count down is a good thing on the traffic lights . I like the fact that the locals just seem to be able to set a small business up and get on with making a living with out going though all the paper work and cost you would get elsewhere great for entrepreneurs. In the you uk you have to go on a three day health and safety course with the cost to your self to be shown how to hold an hammer ...

• Like 1

If you asked a taxi driver what he would prefer he would possible like the way it is as he gets paid more money for waiting. Witch is the opposite to what your sergesting.. If you ask me I think it's a great idea been able to go though when there is no body there I have lived in a few countries over the last twenty years with the same system and I have never seen a crash

• Like 1

Yes.

1. Sex is not a disease. It's healthy, good for you, and it's fun.

2. Treat others like you want to be treated by others.

Oops,

sorry for the last one. It's ethics, should be re-imported then.

cheesy.gif , you live where...............?................cheesy.gif

possum1931, on 22 Nov 2014 - 09:03, said:possum1931, on 22 Nov 2014 - 09:03, said:
MediaWatcher, on 22 Nov 2014 - 06:08, said:MediaWatcher, on 22 Nov 2014 - 06:08, said:
possum1931, on 21 Nov 2014 - 19:49, said:possum1931, on 21 Nov 2014 - 19:49, said:possum1931, on 21 Nov 2014 - 19:49, said:possum1931, on 21 Nov 2014 - 19:49, said:

and you have never broken any laws????

Whether I have, or not, is irrelevant, I am not stupid enough, as you seem to be, to expect my country to change to suit my anti-social behaviour, this really does show you as being well suited to Thailand and the UK is better off without you and your less than mature attitude, just for a second, think of the anarchy if all citizens thought and behaved as you do. It is because of people like you that governments MUST make laws to protect its citizens... you should be ashamed of yourself.

You are not worth answering, so just stop trying to push me into a flaming situation hiding behind your keyboard. This debate is finished, any more replies and the report button gets pressed, now run along.

I was simply querying your comment, maybe next time a bit of thought before you write. No "flaming" was intended, only pointing out the lack of logic of someone wanting laws changed to suit their own illegal activities, in fact sir, you should be admonished for supporting, and admitting to, illegal actions.

possum1931, on 22 Nov 2014 - 14:15, said:
Brasilouro, on 22 Nov 2014 - 14:07, said:
possum1931, on 21 Nov 2014 - 19:09, said:

They're not normally going far...in fact waiting for a fare. Besides, perhaps your argument would carry some "weight" if you had and "proof", I hope you know what that means, that taxi drivers are peed off by waiting at red lights. Personally, I think your just blowing hot air trying to win a losing debate.

Based on your posts some would summise that you have a problem with certain people of other races, religions, and countries.

Immigrants are stealing jobs!

Muslims are building mosques!

Britain isn't British anymore!

Locals won't do certain jobs (both in UK and in Thailand) so immigrants are needed to work. It's proven time and time again that most immigrants to the UK find employment and contribute to society.

If somebody built a buddhist temple in your area I bet you wouldn't even think twice about it. Is the perceived image you believe a mosque and muslims have.

Britain isn't British anymore, good! Let's not go back to the days where the Brits ruled the waves and forced everyone into slavery and looted them of their resources, yeah?

A vast swath of the 'United' Kingdom don't even want to be part of the UK but London through bullying and scare tactics managed to force them into submission (for now)

There are so many who don't come to work, and only to pick up benefits and beg in the streets. Glasgows streets were full of Eastern European women sitting on the pavements holding out their wee white cups.

I say it again, those people are not welcome in the UK as far as I'm concerned, sponging of the UK taxpayer.

Think how bad their lives must have been if sitting begging on the streets of Glasgow is a better alternative? Grim!

Those are the minority and not the majority anyway.

Edited by TheSpade
  • Like 1

Well said.

These people bitching about immigration to the UK are the same idiots complaining that the Thais are so nationalistic.

They reason that they should have the run of the country just because they have a goat-cheese pension and support a local and her illegit offspring with a few thousand baht a month.

I, personally, know 3 farang retirees here who are only still sucking air because they were wheeled into government hospitals where they received very expensive, life-saving medical attention for free.

I bet more than a few of these whingers haven't got a stitch of healthcare in case the worst happens.

So much for not taking anything from our hosts.

Yes planning permission should consider location, but it should be considered for all religious establishments. As a non Christian, church bells annoy me just as much as the call to prayer.

They seem to only ring on a Saturday afternoon (wedding) and a Sunday morning, and I like the sound.

The 5 times daily wailing from a mosque is very intrusive if you live near one. (I am an ex Middle East resident).

They don't really build many new churches on the UK do they! As a non-Christian you should be tolerant of a religion that has been based there for several centuries and rarely intrudes on modern day life.

They can keep their trouble making medieval religious beliefs to themselves too.

Based on your posts some would summise that you have a problem with certain people of other races, religions, and countries.

Immigrants are stealing jobs!

Muslims are building mosques!

Britain isn't British anymore!

Locals won't do certain jobs (both in UK and in Thailand) so immigrants are needed to work. It's proven time and time again that most immigrants to the UK find employment and contribute to society.

If somebody built a buddhist temple in your area I bet you wouldn't even think twice about it. Is the perceived image you believe a mosque and muslims have.

Britain isn't British anymore, good! Let's not go back to the days where the Brits ruled the waves and forced everyone into slavery and looted them of their resources, yeah?

A vast swath of the 'United' Kingdom don't even want to be part of the UK but London through bullying and scare tactics managed to force them into submission (for now)

Think how bad their lives must have been if sitting begging on the streets of Glasgow is a better alternative? Grim!

Those are the minority and not the majority anyway.

Perhaps they had anticipated a better life than begging when they emigrated.

Again, Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" might be a salutary read.

SC

They seem to only ring on a Saturday afternoon (wedding) and a Sunday morning, and I like the sound.

The 5 times daily wailing from a mosque is very intrusive if you live near one. (I am an ex Middle East resident).

They don't really build many new churches on the UK do they! As a non-Christian you should be tolerant of a religion that has been based there for several centuries and rarely intrudes on modern day life.

I believe anyone should be able to follow any religion they want and it should be respected, but it's the same old thing, 'as long as they don't interfere with anyone else' but can anyone be tolerant of a religion where people are killed because they don't agree with it, and because they are westerners who are hated by them?

This has now gone way off topic, and maybe the mods should now shut it down.