How to highlight separate areas of text in internet explorer 11?

mattk1

Hi guys,

In Microsoft word, if I want to select and highlight a few separate paragraphs of text in a document (i.e. not continuous) I simply hold the Ctrl key and it allows me to do just that quite easily.

I thought it would be the same in Internet Explorer but it's not. Holding Ctrl de-selects the text I had already highlighted and starts again.

Does anyone know a way to do what I'm looking for?

I have tried google but I can't seem to find anything related.

Thanks for any help here thumbsup.gif

Hi MJCM,

Thanks for the reply. For example what i'm trying to achieve, look at my first post and try to highlight 'Hi guys' in the top line, and then 'Thanks for any help here'.

In MS word holding Ctrl key will allow me to do that but it doesn't work in Internet explorer and I don't know why blink.png

Cheers,

Matt

• Like 1

Good one, but no idea.

I just tried it in Notepad++ and there it also doesn't work, just stick to Copy & Paste thumbsup.gif

Edit 1: Just looking into it, maybe it has to do with that Office Apps use the Office Clipboard and IE the System Clipboard (but that's just speculating)

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Actually you may well be on to something there thumbsup.gif

I will have a look another look and see if I can figure it out. Copy and paste is great for the selecting whole chunks of text but I have a situation here where it would make my life much easier if I could highlight individual paragraphs separately to the clipboard.

Will post back if I suss it out.

P.s. just read somewhere that Firefox allows this.. downloading now..