Mikhail Gorbachev says Vladimir Putin views himself as 'second only to God'

Lite Beer

Mikhail Gorbachev says Vladimir Putin views himself as 'second only to God

Former Soviet leader warns Russian president not to be a 'bighead' because 'that is what ruined me'
ormer Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev

By Sebastian Whale

Mikhail Gorbachev has said Vladimir Putin thinks of himself as "second only to God" after complaining the Kremlin leader never seeks his advice.

The 83-year-old former Soviet leader made the comments as he launched his new book, After the Kremlin, in which he praises the former KGB spy for playing a major role in stabilising Russia and acting "in the interests of the majority".

However, Mr Gorbachev used the book launch to say: "He has started picking up the same illness which I suffered from earlier – self-confidence. Don't get a big head. That is what ruined me."

The former president said apart from a short meeting in June, Mr Putin's aides had repeatedly declined his offer to meet. Mr Gorbachev recently warned of the potential for a new Cold War 25 years after the fall of the Berlin Wall.

Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/11246794/Mikhail-Gorbachev-says-Vladimir-Putin-views-himself-as-second-only-to-God.html

--The Telegraph 2014-11-21

Not sour grapes, but a sensible assesment by someone who has been thee don that. Anyone who does not see that Putin is wanting to reinstate the Soviet Union, is not listening and watching world news and events. He is an ego maniac. Remember Hitler and how the world sat and watched him do what he wanted - this is no different.

I guess it's a wise guys who're refused to eat propaganda bullshit. Cherry picking, black-white mindset, bias, exaggerations, sensationalism, false simplification and blatant generalisations that's what media doing now. I barely can believe that listening and watching media can give you relatively plausible vision of the current world situation.

• Like 2

so says puppet mouthpiece of the west Gorbachov who has a book to sell

it seems at the moment the western media are blaming everything that is wrong in the world on Russia and Putin no doubt for propaganda reasons that will undoubtedly soon become apparent

theres even a Twitter site that parodies the situation

https://twitter.com/hashtag/blameputin

• Like 2

Does God seek the advice of Mr. Gorbachev?...NO.

So why should God's right hand man do so?

Mr. Gorbachev remove your shirt and do a photo op with Mr. Putin...

Now you see why he does not seek your advice...

Not sour grapes, but a sensible assesment by someone who has been thee don that. Anyone who does not see that Putin is wanting to reinstate the Soviet Union, is not listening and watching world news and events. He is an ego maniac. Remember Hitler and how the world sat and watched him do what he wanted - this is no different.

I guess it's a wise guys who're refused to eat propaganda bullshit. Cherry picking, black-white mindset, bias, exaggerations, sensationalism, false simplification and blatant generalisations that's what media doing now. I barely can believe that listening and watching media can give you relatively plausible vision of the current world situation.

Absolutely correct. Hard to get the truth from Russian media.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30040363

The Kremlin's international media operation appears to be going from strength to strength with two recent high-profile launches and more in the pipeline.

But it is also coming under increased scrutiny over its lack of editorial balance and accusations that it is deliberately using disinformation to counter and divide the West.

Did the world became somehow better after the collapse of Soviet Union?

Became better for those that were behing the Iron curtain, the rest of the world kept paying the price. Most anyone in the west will tell you it was better when Russia controlled Eastern Europe.

Did the world became somehow better after the collapse of Soviet Union?

Oh, I think if you were to ask the average (east) German, or Pole, or Latvian, or Estonian, or Lithuanian, or Georgian, or......... well, just don't put your ear too close to the earpiece...

Funny. I thought he thought he WAS God. Only second? No doubt he is an egomaniacal, megalomaniac. And to boot he has almost unlimited power in Russia, he is above the law, and he is worth north of $40 billion, so not much to stop him. A dangerous man indeed. But, then again so is Obama. However at least there are some checks and balances that keep Blundering Barry reined in. With King Vlad, that is not the case.