Photos of Beach walkway chaos

thaibeachlovers

If you are concerened about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

After many many years I am certainly aware of the way things work here. However, the point is that many of us that know were criticizing the new walkway because it destroyed the existing, not very good but better than the new walkway, removed all the shade and removed most of the seating, only to be attacked by certain posters that said how wonderful it was going to be.

However, I haven't heard any of them coming on to contradict my last few threads about how it is rubbish now.

OK, you are right and it's rubbish now.

Feel any better?

No. I'd rather have a walkway with seats and some shade to sit and watch the world go by, but that option has now gone, along with most of the old trees.

I just hope the message gets to city hall and they do something about seating and shade, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it to happen.

It appears that detailed Engineering drawings prior to releasing a job are not a part of Thai life. Part two of the problem is there is not sufficient supervision of the project by municipal authorities. Part 3 of the problem is it unlikely that there are any standards of something as simple as a sidewalk. Even in the largest cities in North America after all there of these are covered there are still considerable problems for something as simple as the construction of a sidewalk but at the end the sidewalks are constructed with high standards and are very easy to negotiate. Of course you seldom find businesses on the sidewalk without a permit for that specific location. That license is given out after due consideration of space and convenience of the walking public.

The Bus Stop signs have been up for months on Beach Road. What bus service will there be?

There have been attempts over many many years to provide a "bus" service in Pattaya. Of course they never succeed due to the influence of other methods of transport that would be impacted. This is obviously just the latest attempt.

If you are concerened about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

After many many years I am certainly aware of the way things work here. However, the point is that many of us that know were criticizing the new walkway because it destroyed the existing, not very good but better than the new walkway, removed all the shade and removed most of the seating, only to be attacked by certain posters that said how wonderful it was going to be.

However, I haven't heard any of them coming on to contradict my last few threads about how it is rubbish now.

Thaibeachlover is absolutely 100% spot on here....I would say he summed up the beach situation quite nicely.

• Like 1

No explanations required. It's a disaster.

Disregard the rubbish in the first few photos. It was after some sort of mass function, and they were cleaning up the garbage as I was taking the photos.

However, the holes weren't made in a night and the sandbags appear to be permanent.

Wow! It's a pity no one can hack those photo's onto the TAT website????wink.pngwai.gif

1 solution, clean up this beach and

do not allow thai ,nor chinese ,korean...people to come close of the clean beach .

Give them another beach ,where they can create a dump for themselves and enjoy it.

Just a racist comment.

There is that knee-jerk response, much like calling someone anti-Semitic... Please up your game...

You have obviously never seen the way some asian cultures dispose of trash, which is to simply drop it where they stand...

• Like 1

Disregard the rubbish in the first few photos. It was after some sort of mass function, and they were cleaning up the garbage as I was taking the photos.

However, the holes weren't made in a night and the sandbags appear to be permanent.

Pretty hard to disregard the trash as trash bins for use by the public are scarce. I can understand the delays on repairing the storm damage but the trash is inexcusable. I hope the Mayor could see these pics.

Pattaya has a mayor?

If you are concerned about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

And THAT is the same attitude many of the Thais have, which in turn is murdering tourism.

Response #27 above gave this very interesting link to "Thai Tourism: Arrivals by Nationality".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_20_arrivals_by_nationality

There you can see that there has been a phenomenal increase in "Cheap Charlie" tourists from China, India, Russia and such places.

Perhaps tourists from those sources are great contributors to "murdering tourism"??

If you are concerned about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

And THAT is the same attitude many of the Thais have, which in turn is murdering tourism.

Good. Im not a tourist, so the less tourists here the better for me. I'll be able to get from my house to the town a lot quicker if there's less tourists on the roads.

Wow! It's a pity no one can hack those photo's onto the TAT website????wink.pngwai.gif

Send them to their Twitter or Facebook

at lot of the foot path at the walking st end has collapsed now. not a surprize as it was collapsed before they rebuilt it and they did nothing to prevent it happening again

And in that area at North end just South of the giant sandbags mess the water is up to the seawall. Now that the North to South (wind driven ) longshore current is in effect look for walkway/seawall collapse in that area, part two.

Edited by morrobay

Thai workmanship in full view. The footpath along Thrappaya road still has not been completed after 5 years.

Footpaths are not important to those that run the place. I doubt they ever walk anywhere.

Besides, the budget for the pavement has probably long vanished, for the usual reason.

And footpaths are not important to the hundreds of thousands of Asians and Indians in their cattle walk to speedboats.Not important to the Russians at beach.

The locals could care less and supply most of the garbage on walkway.

The foreigners at the beach for the girls are not going to lose any sleep about it. The only groups that see a nice environment as important are the expats and " high quality tourists " City Hall could care less about the first group. And as much as they talk the talk about attracting the quality tourists I would be surprised if any of them return for a second visit..The shambles the city has made of what could have been a nice environment is beyond the tipping point. Im expecting all these so called quality hotels built along the beach ending up as wholesale sleeping quarters for the touring masses.

Edited by morrobay

The 2 ways into Walking Street from the North are ridiculously terrible. Narrow(just try to get by the Chinese tours) and smelly (walking over the sewage plant's grates are an experience)! And they don't care about that. The beach path is wonderful compared to that!

The 2 ways into Walking Street from the North are ridiculously terrible. Narrow(just try to get by the Chinese tours) and smelly (walking over the sewage plant's grates are an experience)! And they don't care about that. The beach path is wonderful compared to that!

yes, the gap, known as "the gap", which is a 2 foot wide gap between a power pole and a hot kabab cooker that thousands of tourists have to squeeze thru every night a few meters up from the entrance of walking st in pattaya tai is a cultural icon

yes, the gap, known as "the gap", which is a 2 foot wide gap between a power pole and a hot kabab cooker that thousands of tourists have to squeeze thru every night a few meters up from the entrance of walking st in pattaya tai is a cultural icon

a hot kabab cooker

It's safer that the red hot braziers that they have hanging off food stalls in local markets. Health and safety is a foreign concept in LOS w00t.gif .

Don't forget the electrical wires hanging down! Only the deserving make it. 555

Yes, it's a cultural icon in the same way as the toilet in Bugis Street was a Singapore cultural icon back in the 1970s.

Do you live in Pattaya? if not mind your business. People like yourself are the first to complain if they fell down a hole, broken leg-arm,

the Thai's themselves are embarrassed, "kannot fix neung time now fix song not good" you actually call it "shitty things" how dare you.