Photos of Beach walkway chaos

thaibeachlovers

Anything that looks "nice" or giving that image that Pattaya is a well-kept modern city is owned/managed by private business(hotels, shopping centers, condos...) Can anyone name anything that is owned by the city officials is well kept or even gives a "caring image"? Bali pier---Hxxx No. Beach Rd promenade- not even for whole year; city sidewalks(laughable); those Dolphin street lights lined up along Pattaya North (a safety issue and not all of them work at night time)... The mayor and other city council members have a better education than the average Thai and many of them have traveled outside of Thailand. You would think they would have an awareness what a decaying city verses a maintained city looks like.

Anything that looks "nice" or giving that image that Pattaya is a well-kept modern city is owned/managed by private business(hotels, shopping centers, condos...) Can anyone name anything that is owned by the city officials is well kept or even gives a "caring image"? Bali pier---Hxxx No. Beach Rd promenade- not even for whole year; city sidewalks(laughable); those Dolphin street lights lined up along Pattaya North (a safety issue and not all of them work at night time)... The mayor and other city council members have a better education than the average Thai and many of them have traveled outside of Thailand. You would think they would have an awareness what a decaying city verses a maintained city looks like.

I wrote the Mayors Facebook page and mentioned the trash all along the beach promenade.

His reply? He thought it looked great!

The guy must live in a slum.

He blocked me from commenting after my constructive criticism.

TRIP ADVISOR:

"There are some nice beaches in Thailand but this isn't one of them. Jomtien/Pattaya beach is horrible, why, because, It is a narrow beach with plastic bags, food cartons, rats and cigarette ends everywhere, the water is always grey/brown, many of the the paths are broken and uneven with holes (where the rats live). It has beach has vendors covering it with chairs and umbrellas along it's length. Sad but true.

Visited July 2014"

If you are concerened about this crap, you are far too involved in the country. Its not your country, its the Thais country and you need to get on with your life, be it here or not be here. If you choose to stay here then get used to the shitty way things happen here.

Do you live in Pattaya? if not mind your business. People like yourself are the first to complain if they fell down a hole, broken leg-arm,

the Thai's themselves are embarrassed, "kannot fix neung time now fix song not good" you actually call it "shitty things" how dare you.

Yes I live in Pattaya

No. I dont walk down Beach Road, nor do I walk down any road in this country.

collapsed up the walking st end too, but they have filled the holes you photographed with sand and repaved them, will wash out the first time it rains but thats probably not till after high season

I just saw these two collapsed areas on the walkway bordering the parking lot above Walking st. Unbelievable , the sand under the walkway washed out and the slab of concrete 4' thick with no iron bar support rods just collapsed under the weight of the pavers. About 11/2 meter deep and area about 2mx3m . And they just keep on making this same incompetent mistake over and over again everywhere. Its been over a week and nothing being done. Quality tourist destination ?

Edited by morrobay

collapsed up the walking st end too, but they have filled the holes you photographed with sand and repaved them, will wash out the first time it rains but thats probably not till after high season

I just saw these two collapsed areas on the walkway bordering the parking lot above Walking st. Unbelievable , the sand under the walkway washed out and the slab of concrete 4' thick with no iron bar support rods just collapsed under the weight of the pavers. About 11/2 meter deep and area about 2mx3m . And they just keep on making this same incompetent mistake over and over again everywhere. Its been over a week and nothing being done. Quality tourist destination ?

actually just towards walking st from there an area about the same size also collapsed a few weeks ago but they already filled it with sand and repaved it. they dont seem to be bothering with putting concrete under the pavers the second time round. also the area around the sculpture is sinking fast so I guess it will go soon too

All the money to finish the job is used in backhanders. It doesn't matter how well they do the job , they'll still have to pay to get the sign off. So instead of spending money from the budget for a proper quality system and personnel they just bung the local authority

Roll on the High Speed Railway

Our resident haters and doomsayers are all getting their knickers in a twist.

Let me say it for you: this will be the WORST high season ever. No tourists will visit this year, businesses will close all over town, all the hotels will be vacant, all the condos will be unsold and abandoned and most important--NOBODY will walk on that dam_n promenade! Pull up a sandbag, doomsayers.

Our resident haters and doomsayers are all getting their knickers in a twist.

Let me say it for you: this will be the WORST high season ever. No tourists will visit this year, businesses will close all over town, all the hotels will be vacant, all the condos will be unsold and abandoned and most important--NOBODY will walk on that dam_n promenade! Pull up a sandbag, doomsayers.

This has nothing to do with "haters and doomsayers." I find it strange that some people keep repeating that. It has to do with a construction project that many people have a problem with.

• Like 2

Give him some credit for being correct that this could be the worst high season and there are going to be alot of business's closing related to changing demographics, not tourist numbers. Those numbers will reflect the mass touring business and domestic tourism And since the Russians have been at pyramid base in the condo Ponzi bubble look for a correction there.

Give him some credit for being correct that this could be the worst high season and there are going to be alot of business's closing related to changing demographics, not tourist numbers. Those numbers will reflect the mass touring business and domestic tourism And since the Russians have been at pyramid base in the condo Ponzi bubble look for a correction there.

Look for fire sale rentals on condos soon...

it's hilarious that they still set up about 400 umbrella chairs every morning like someone is going to relax there and enjoy the beach.

Or maybe relax and have a drink with the jet ski mafia.

The umbrellas are all set up so you CANNOT relax and enjoy the beach. Pay sucker.

they cleared about 100m of beach near Pattaya Klang for the fireworks, it was actually quite nice and the Russians flocked to it, but an hour later it was covered in spectator chairs, but it is quite a nice beach, what remains of it anyway, and its a shame that there is no free space on it at the moment and no sign of army intervention in the Chonburi region

and funnily enough the tallest condo in Pattaya has been abandoned for several months now so he got that part right as well

and funnily enough the tallest condo in Pattaya has been abandoned for several months now so he got that part right as well

Join the Club CarlTyson

• 4 weeks later...

at lot of the foot path at the walking st end has collapsed now. not a surprize as it was collapsed before they rebuilt it and they did nothing to prevent it happening again

And in that area at North end just South of the giant sandbags mess the water is up to the seawall. Now that the North to South (wind driven ) longshore current is in effect look for walkway/seawall collapse in that area, part two.

Told you so. As of yesterday that previously damaged seawall and walkway area was in eminent danger of an even more extensive collapse. I guess im a retro since I dont have a photo phone. So could someone inclined post some photos - thanks

Edited by morrobay