women the spine of this country

Crazy chef 1

Yes women in general are the hard working ones here. just look at the building sites where often it is the women doing all the hard labouring and the men sat around, in many cases. The women are also the ones who go to university mostly. Now I know there are some Thai men who work hard before they get their 'knickers in a twist'' but I would be embarrassed, knowing that my country, gets the women to do the hard labouring jobs on building sites etc. You don't see many female Brickies , Plasterers and Hod carriers in the UK. I can't comment on other western countries but I am pretty sure it is the same.

Someone mentioned about this changing up the social strata and to some extent, I agree. But I would also say that it is the men who get promoted more quickly and often the hard working women do not. I have seen that so often in big multi national companies, I guess (I feel a song coming on) 'it is a mans world'.biggrin.png

You wrote, "but I would be embarrassed, knowing that my country, gets the women to do the hard labouring jobs on building sites etc."

Not me. Rosie was one of the reasons we won WWII.

post-187908-0-73822600-1416892431_thumb.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women have had to fight for the privilege of working to get away from the mind numbing drudgery of domestic servitude. That is why they often work harder. Men think they are entitled to jobs and take them for granted especially in Asia, Arabia and Africa.

I had a similar sized team and found the men and women to have simliar work ethics, if anything the guys put in more hours, and they certainly took less sick days. That was dealing with a mix of designers, writers and studio people. It might be different with blue colour workers where it seems women really roll up their sleeves.

I had a similar sized team and found the men and women to have simliar work ethics, if anything the guys put in more hours, and they certainly took less sick days. That was dealing with a mix of designers, writers and studio people. It might be different with blue colour workers where it seems women really roll up their sleeves.

Yes in the liberal arts and creative/media industries it may well be different because of the privileged class background of the women involved.

In Thailand,the men are the Roosters.

They strut, they crow, they use the women as they like.

The women get down to business and take care of family and life's daily needs present and future.

Yes, the men are the roosters....you might call them a bunch of cocks!

This may be why so many Thai women I know do not want a Thai man and are constantly asking if I know of any good farang men they could meet.

I think this is a third world issue, not a Thai issue. My brother is married to a Ukranian

woman, and he says it is exactly the same over there with useless men. In essence

countries like that are matriarch in nature , Mexico springs to mind as well. The men

strut around with puffed out chests, but women are really running things...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your observation is pretty spot on; women are indeed the backbone of the Thai society.

Thai men (typically blue-collar workers) have the tendency to be lazy,

shirk and would much rather spend their time gambling, drinking, womanizing & watching soccer.

Depending on which profession you're working in, this might change as you move up the social strata.

The small percentage of men who've received a decent college education and/or studied/worked abroad usually bring a good work ethic with them.

I'd say most successful businesses (which are predominantly Sino-Thai) also tend to have a similar impression of Thai male staff.

Roughly 250,000 Thai men per year graduate from college. Small percentage? http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=2435

Most successful businesses in Thailand are Chinese/Thai?

I think you are ill informed at best. And at worst another Thai Visa Thai Chinese fantasy believer.

In any case I await links to prove most businesses successful business are Thai Chinese and most hard working men in Thailand are of Chinese ancestry.

You really should think before you open your mouth.

Want examples of successful business (conglomerates) that are Thai-Chinese?

CP Group: Where do you think the founders originally came from?

Central Group: Where do you think the founders originally came from?

I await links from you to disprove my theory.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Your observation is pretty spot on; women are indeed the backbone of the Thai society.

shirk and would much rather spend their time gambling, drinking, womanizing & watching soccer.

Depending on which profession you're working in, this might change as you move up the social strata.

The small percentage of men who've received a decent college education and/or studied/worked abroad usually bring a good work ethic with them.

I'd say most successful businesses (which are predominantly Sino-Thai) also tend to have a similar impression of Thai male staff.

Roughly 250,000 Thai men per year graduate from college. Small percentage? http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/print.php?id=2435

I think you are ill informed at best. And at worst another Thai Visa Thai Chinese fantasy believer.

In any case I await links to prove most businesses successful business are Thai Chinese and most hard working men in Thailand are of Chinese ancestry.

You wrote, "Most successful businesses in Thailand are Chinese/Thai?" And then list 2 businesses out of the millions of businesses in Thailand. You really want me to comment? OK You list two Thai businesses and I'll list two Thai businesses. Minor International -- American. Nishita Shah Federbush Precious shipping -- Indian.

The great majority of successful businesses in Thailand are owned by Thai people.

Edited by thailiketoo

You wrote, "Most successful businesses in Thailand are Chinese/Thai?" And then list 2 businesses out of the millions of businesses in Thailand. You really want me to comment? OK You list two Thai businesses and I'll list two Thai businesses. Minor International -- American. Nishita Shah Federbush Precious shipping -- Indian.

The great majority of successful businesses in Thailand are owned by Thai people.

but if succesfull managed by whom?

but if succesfull managed by whom?

My great grandparents came from Germany. I worked in the auto industry in America. When introducing me would say that great auto manager of course a smart, precise GermanAmerican?

My great great grandparents came from France. I worked in the food service industry. When introducing me would you say that great French American Chef?

Thais are Thais like Americans are Americans. Most successful businesses in Thailand are managed by Thai people. CP Thailand's most successful company in Cambodia is managed by a........wait for it........a Cambodian who lives in Cambodia and went to college in Cambodia.

70 years ago there were anti Chinese laws in Thailand and the reason the Thais fought on the Japanese side during WWII is the premier didn't like the Chinese and would not fight on the same side.

But Thai cultural beliefs are about as stable as a fart in a windstorm and now Chinese is in and English is out. Give it a few years and it will all change again.

Western people have enough racial and ethnic baggage of their own and don't have to add the loonytunes Thai cacophony of nutter ethnic stereotypes to their already overloaded basket.

Edited by thailiketoo

Its depends on the person. In my office the guys work hard its the women who are lazy... Either sleeping putting on mackup or making mistakes.

Programmers engineers and developers.

Sent from my c64

Walk past any construction site and you will see the women doing all the hard work and men lying around on motorcycles having a kip

I've noticed a lot of construction done by couples after the initial build for all of the extra work like tile and fences and cement and so on. The couples work as a team and they take breaks together and work together. As there are 6 partially finished new homes in my neighborhood I see a lot of this.