Poll finds people happier under NCPO leadership

Lite Beer

Unless I'm misunderstanding the original poll results, they are claiming 1.4% margin of error from 1,252 people, but your link says you need 1,600 people to get a 2.5% margin of error, so one of those is wrong by quite a bit.

Whether 1252 yellow shirts from Bangkok, or 1600 PDRC Elitists from Bangkok,...I saw nowhere where the majority, that is, people from the Heart of Thailand (where after 6 months, "D"addy makes one brief trip), are included in the poll.

Assuming you are referencing Issan as the heart of Thailand you need to realise that of the (depending on what is the correct figure) 10-12 million people that reside and work in Bangkok, possibly 60% or more of the Bangkok population is from Issan and other Northern Provinces, so the poll could indeed be representative.

The mistake many people make is to assume all people in Bangkok are from Bangkok.

Don't believe me?....wait until Songkran when a lot of people return home for the celebration and have a look at Bangkok then. Quite a different place.

• Like 1

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posting Content & General Conduct

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

A vulgar and profane post has been removed as well as a reply.

A post containing a formatting error that messed up the forumatting of this page was removed as well.

I'm not.

Why aren't you happy?

Someone stole your pushbike?

No...because I'm struggling to learn to speak "sheep"

EDIT: Actually..change the above to "past tense". I escaped the madness already. Now I'm learning Khamai.

Edited by Fullstop

This opinion poll like all others conducted under military rule is utterly meaningless. conducted by semi educated university students amongst their friends in the Sukhumvit wine bars it does not constitute a view of the Thai people as a whole. If the result were to be against the military dictators, it could not be published under military censorship rules. Complete rubbish. Next!

• Like 2

I'm not.

Why aren't you happy?

Someone stole your pushbike?

No...because I'm struggling to learn to speak "sheep"

EDIT: Actually..change the above to "past tense". I escaped the madness already. Now I'm learning Khamai.

Stop being a baaa- baaa boy!! You mutton say these things again!!!

This opinion poll like all others conducted under military rule is utterly meaningless. conducted by semi educated university students amongst their friends in the Sukhumvit wine bars it does not constitute a view of the Thai people as a whole. If the result were to be against the military dictators, it could not be published under military censorship rules. Complete rubbish. Next!

Yes. I'm sure a professional polling company would conduct their polls in local wine bars and then tell everyone that they actually telephone these people all over the country.

Who to believe?

Has NIDA a reputation of being neutral?

I found an an example of former NIDA Poll:

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/nida-poll-says-56-59-want-yingluck-resign

I quote:

"When asked about the protests organized by the PDRC and other protest groups against the government and the Thaksin regime, 49% agreed to the protests viewing that the Thaksin regime is a patronage regime which aimed at making benefit to its people, particularly corrupted politicians, and is a regime which will inflict enormous damages to the country. They said the regime repeated errors and therefore wanted to see reform.

41.01% pollsters voiced disagreement to protest rallies reasoning that the protest has no clear direction and stand. They said the protest led to disturbance in the country, undermine economy, and hurting the country’s foreign confidence. 2% said yes and no to the protest citing both advantages and disadvantages while 7.19% were uncertain and did not comment"

Should I understand that the questions were:

- I agree to the protest because the Thaksin regime is a patronage regime which aimed at making benefit to its people, particularly corrupted politicians, and is a regime which will inflict enormous damages to the country......

- I disagree to protest rallies because the protest has no clear direction and stand.....?

Hmmm.....

It's very amazing to see some people would prefer civil war than return to normality in this country !

A majority of thai people has been boring with political conflict and want country go forward.........

Edited by than
  • Like 1

The "happiness" fell from 93.3% to 50% when the poll was not conducted by the army's own polling-company!!

What a surprise!!whistling.gif

Different questions lead to different results.

Exactly right. Until you see the polling instrument and how respondents were selected, it's just move along folks, nothing to see here.

If in the OP the figure 28% think none of NCPO's performance disappointing, that would indicate that 72% do think their performance disappointing.

The question appeared to be along the lines of "what areas are you dissappointed". 28% said none, and there were 9 other responses - economy, farmers, corruption, crime, no elected government, freedom of the press, forest encroachment, southern unrest, traffic/energy.

"Nearly 50 percent of the respondents said they felt happier and more secure under the care of the NCPO"

That is more then 43% that voted for the last government. Big difference is this result does not suit the PTP agenda ergo this majority will be denounced or disrespected.

Thus is the logic of PTP supporters.

PTP PTP PTP

forgive me, but,,,,,, your answer sounds like you had too much of the baked beans for lunch and gas is leaking out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Nearly 50% 555 which means just over 50% think otherwise !!

28% said the NCPOs performance wasn't disappointing ?

Okay I'm not too bright at maths but doesn't that leave 72% that thinks it Is dissapointing?

The Thais sure do make some convoluted polls !!

Nearly 50% can also mean 45% which would become 50% if rounding rules are followed. After almost seven months of Junta-led government even 50% is hardly something to be considered success.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

These polls mean nothing. The real poll will come on election day (if it ever happens) then we will see how happy the Thai people were/are

I love that saying "the real poll will come on election day". used by politicians the world over especially those on the losing side.

I'd expect martial law will sremain until after the election ...in order to assure national security...and do not expect anyone could safely express a negative viewpoint towards the NCPO and General Prayuth.

"Nearly 50 percent of the respondents said they felt happier and more secure under the care of the NCPO"

That is more then 43% that voted for the last government. Big difference is this result does not suit the PTP agenda ergo this majority will be denounced or disrespected.

Another white lie from our friend djjamie!!

In the last election (1person/1vote)

PTP got 15.744.000 votes= 48.41%

Democrats got 11.433.000 votes= 35.15%

PTP won 265 seats (250 needed for a majority)

And you still want us to believe, that a poll conducted on 1200 persons is more reliable than the votes of 28 Million people??coffee1.gif

Excuse me....Excuse me..... but in your team breakdown of votes above, you neglected to say how many of he votes from each team were sincerely felt votes of thinking individuals and how many of he votes were purchased votes

Yes. I'm sure a professional polling company would conduct their polls in local wine bars and then tell everyone that they actually telephone these people all over the country.

Who to believe?

'Professional Polling Company'??? You're in the wrong country..

I would like to say something that I have noticed for many years now.

This probably reflects the education level, or the intelligence level, or the thinking process, or the lack of thinking process, of so many of the members of this forum.

These follow up posting threads like this one could seem to indicate the following;

The thread opens with a news article. Many times having most of the pertinent data and info in the body of the story. Many times leaving out related information that would/could have added a lot to the information conveyed to the readers.

We seem to have an abundance of posters to either do not read he article in full or just do not comprehend what the article states, and then the go off on a rampage post about this or that, with glaring inaccuracies that were not stated in the article but may have been interpreted by the reader, based on his own bias and/or opinion. Some statements may be then posted that are glaringly wrong.

The next potential poster reads the errors and takes them as gospel and compounds and perpetuates them in his post.

On down the line we have posters ranting and raving about this and that , whats right and what is wrong, and very little of it was in the original article.

We get so much bickering and posturing based not on the article, but conjectured words that are then passed on and read by additional readers as the gospel truth.

Let me suggest something please, If you are going to comment and make a post on a thread, please read the original posted thread. I would think that to make a good sense. You can and are still able to make your point and stand known, but it would show a better level of intelligence on your part.

• Like 1

This probably reflects the education level, or the intelligence level, or the thinking process, or the lack of thinking process, of so many of the members of this forum.

These follow up posting threads like this one could seem to indicate the following;

The thread opens with a news article. Many times having most of the pertinent data and info in the body of the story. Many times leaving out related information that would/could have added a lot to the information conveyed to the readers.

We seem to have an abundance of posters to either do not read he article in full or just do not comprehend what the article states, and then the go off on a rampage post about this or that, with glaring inaccuracies that were not stated in the article but may have been interpreted by the reader, based on his own bias and/or opinion. Some statements may be then posted that are glaringly wrong.

The next potential poster reads the errors and takes them as gospel and compounds and perpetuates them in his post.

On down the line we have posters ranting and raving about this and that , whats right and what is wrong, and very little of it was in the original article.

We get so much bickering and posturing based not on the article, but conjectured words that are then passed on and read by additional readers as the gospel truth.

Let me suggest something please, If you are going to comment and make a post on a thread, please read the original posted thread. I would think that to make a good sense. You can and are still able to make your point and stand known, but it would show a better level of intelligence on your part.

Hey, check out this gospel truth!

Another white lie from our friend djjamie!!

In the last election (1person/1vote)

PTP got 15.744.000 votes= 48.41%

Democrats got 11.433.000 votes= 35.15%

PTP won 265 seats (250 needed for a majority)

And you still want us to believe, that a poll conducted on 1200 persons is more reliable than the votes of 28 Million people??coffee1.gif

Excuse me....Excuse me..... but in your team breakdown of votes above, you neglected to say how many of he votes from each team were sincerely felt votes of thinking individuals and how many of he votes were purchased votes

First of all please provide proof of the reds buying votes!!

Secondly Abhiisit conceded defeat, despite amending the electorol laws in Feb 2011 in a desperate attempt for the Democrats to win an unwinable election.

Thirdly. The EC tried their very best to help their old friends, the Democrats, but even they had to accept, that the result was legally correct.

So all in all I think we can call it a fair election!!

• Like 1

The thing is, Gonzo, my old friend, the kind of discussion and argument you talk about, is robust political debate and discussion and Thailand needs more of it, not less! One hopes the Thais are conducting the same kind of debate as we are having in their own language, on other forums.....hope springs eternal.

"Let me suggest something please." Stop being a pompous bore.

• Like 1

My personal impression, based on the newpapers articles I read the last weeks, depending on the protest of some journalists, and depending on the some anti-coup facebook sites, of which some have more than 100000 followers, is that there's something moving.

However I believe the majority is still in favor of Prayut. I just see the amount of criticism is raising.

I don't believe very much in the polls, because there's no freedom of press.