Why do all western man say bar girls

georgemandm

Flame with inappropriate language removed, and this topic is making an overdue move to the Pub.

General topics

A forum for general interest & discussion topics related to Thailand only and not covered by other sub forums.
The General Forum is not a place for chit chat, banter and daily life observations. Those sort of topics should be placed in the Farang Pub sub forum.

Dispense with the flames, baiting and trolling thanks

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good girls don't drink or ever smoke. Most do not go,out to discos or clubs except on special occasions and accompanied by other girls or family. Most Thai women are naturally modest in dress, demeanour, habits and language and consequently some of the most boring women in the world. Most good girls would not be seen dead with a European man for fear of being classified as a prostitute.

Yeah, there are still some circles that look down on girls that drink. And yes, very few Thai girls go out alone. But who do you think's filling up these clubs all across the country? Venture out to the edges of BKK or any small town in TH and look for the whiskey logos. Those places are jammed with hot, young to middle aged girls, very few to none of em selling their body. The dress code really depends on the environment. But I've seen decent office girls wear stuff to work here that some foreign women wouldn't wear on a Saturday night. I'll back you up on the boredom, but that probably has more to do with language barrier and general nervousness. I can't argue with you on the perception issue. That kills me, and will probably drive me out eventually. Edited by eldragon
  • Like 1

What does it matter if they worked the bars or not, it's what they are and do now that counts. If I found out now that my wife was a bargirl, it would not make any difference to me. What she did before she met me is none of my business, and vice versa.

Yeah that's true.. Also a lot depends on the girl, saying all bar girls are bad is stupid, just as saying that all Thai people are bad.. There is good and bad in every job or country..

• Like 1

I was a bar girl in my past life. I was a good girl as I wanted to come back as an expat in Thailand which I did. Now I'm thinking about coming back as a rich lesbian biker chick in Tokyo. biggrin.png

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I was a bar girl in my past life. I was a good girl as I wanted to come back as an expat in Thailand which I did. Now I'm thinking about coming back as a rich lesbian biker chick in Tokyo. biggrin.png

God I hope I didn't do you in my past life.

What a horrible thought.

Please kill me !

I'm no expert but, an indicator might be ...

If the Lady speaks reasonable English ... but has little or no written English.

Plus has a reasonable grasp of slang or swearing words.

That test wouldnt tell you if she worked in a bar that catered to a Thai clientele.

That test wouldnt tell you if she worked in a bar that catered to a Thai clientele.

And since 90% of the bars are Thai only.........

What a horrible thought.

Please kill me !

Were you the guy with the wooden leg? Who kept saying arrgh arrgh matey? No, that was my sister Lek. Hope your drinking problem is better. Although them at StringFellows still talk about that night.thumbsup.gif

This is up as one of the funniest exchanges I've seen.

Good stuff, hence why TVF is always such good value.

What a horrible thought.

Please kill me !

Were you the guy with the wooden leg? Who kept saying arrgh arrgh matey? No, that was my sister Lek. Hope your drinking problem is better. Although them at StringFellows still talk about that night.thumbsup.gif

Agreed ... sometimes it ain't half bad, eh.

Agreed, but considering that the OP is an English speaker (and struggles with that sometimes), an older Aussie (apparently) he would most likely not encounter a 'Thai' Thai Bar Girl ... either professionally, not romantically.

I know little of the Westerner Bar Girl scene ... but next to nothing about the Thai Bar Girl scene.

As thailiketoo alludes to, apparently it dwarfs anything I'm likely to encounter.

What a horrible thought.

Please kill me !

You only think it's funny because you were the guy with the timber 'toothpick' and I'm getting the blame for leaving the splinters in TLT's bearded clamshell.

I was the guy chasin the hot bird with long legs, from memory, TLT had a head on her like a deep sea racing tortoise. ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you met your wife in the bar, she has a P.3 (maybe up to P.6) education, spoke broken English peppered by a bunch of swearing when you met her - she was probably a bar girl.

If when you met your old lady, she asked you to help her send money to her parents right after you two got busy - she may have been a bar girl.

If your wife has a master's degree and is the manager at some office - she was probably never a bar girl.

I fail to see the point of the OP The poster said he's been coming to Thailand "on and off" for 6 years - yet, in that time can't tell the difference between a woman who has worked the bars and one who has not? I think that on the next trip, the author of the OP should try going somewhere other than Patpong to see how OBVIOUS it is when women have not been in the bar scene.

Edited by farangdude84