Who didn't come here for the women?

SoiBiker

Why on earth would anyone Want to go anywhere near Thailand if it wasn't for the abundace of available women ? Take the women out of the equation and what does Thailand have to offer the average lonely middle aged western male ? Not a lot I'd say.

You are absolutely correct. You might as well holiday in Bangla Desh. Without the easy availability of Thai women it remains a Third World Sink Hole.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people always ask why people came here, like it's some weird thing to do? It's Thailand. People come here because they like the place.

I use to meet people who came here because they didn't fit in with normal " western" societies, more adventurous, not career orientated, travelled the world, absorbed different experiences, usually young and usually educated and now the op is being castigated because he doesn't fit the norm here. How Thailand has changed!

Btw, many come for other reasons..the TV demographic seem to have come for just one..and to live in issan..

I never met a European living in Issan and I have never been there. I have met guys in the MENA region who live in Issan when they are not working in Saudi etc. The are working to support their Thai wife her family and her Thai husband and boyfriend. Thought they do not know the guy in the spare flat is not his wife's brother but her boyfriend.

Why do people always ask why people came here, like it's some weird thing to do? It's Thailand. People come here because they like the place.

I use to meet people who came here because they didn't fit in with normal " western" societies, more adventurous, not career orientated, travelled the world, absorbed different experiences, usually young and usually educated and now the op is being castigated because he doesn't fit the norm here. How Thailand has changed!

Btw, many come for other reasons..the TV demographic seem to have come for just one..and to live in issan..

Thankfully, the opinions expressed so vociferously here aren't representative of the expat population in general.

Why on earth would anyone Want to go anywhere near Thailand if it wasn't for the abundace of available women ? Take the women out of the equation and what does Thailand have to offer the average lonely middle aged western male ? Not a lot I'd say.

You are absolutely correct. You might as well holiday in Bangla Desh. Without the easy availability of Thai women it remains a Third World Sink Hole.

What does the easy availability of women have to do with first world health care, restaurants and cinema? I don't have rioters running around in the streets and I can call and get delivery of my PS games in a few hours.

I have a big screen TV and 100 channels lots of them HD, good sports coverage, movies food or medicine or anything else delivered to my door for peanuts and cheap transportation.

My doctor makes house calls and so does my dogs doctor. You may be 3rd world but I'm not. biggrin.png

Thankfully, the opinions expressed so vociferously here aren't representative of the expat population in general.

How would you know? How long in Thailand? How many expats have you talked to? How many cities have you lived in? How many Thai wives or significant others?

What I'm hinting at is, "have you been around?"

It's a reasonable question, surely?

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

i must be one of the few who did not come for the Thai women,lol i am married to a beautiful woman. who is Russian, she is younger than me ,and is very beautiful. we both fell in love with Thailand . last year. Now i will say that Thai women are beautiful and forever young until about 50 like most ( just kidding) . but if you saw my wife you would see why. she is 5 ft and about 39k long hair to her waist. anyway we both think its a beautiful place to live.

I dont like russian women

Go cross-examine someone else.

You wrote, "Thankfully, the opinions expressed so vociferously here aren't representative of the expat population in general."

You should have written, "Hopefully, the opinions expressed so vociferously here aren't representative of the expat population in general."

If you didn't want to be questioned.

You see, "Thankfully." sounds like you are an expert which it is obvious you are not.

Most days this place seems like the farang husbands support group. I'm just curious as to whether that's really the case, or if the membership is more diverse than that.

i must be one of the few who did not come for the Thai women,lol i am married to a beautiful woman. who is Russian, she is younger than me ,and is very beautiful. we both fell in love with Thailand . last year. Now i will say that Thai women are beautiful and forever young until about 50 like most ( just kidding) . but if you saw my wife you would see why. she is 5 ft and about 39k long hair to her waist. anyway we both think its a beautiful place to live.

I dont like russian women

Yeah. It's better to take your time.

...let's not discount the ladyboys.

Sound business advice for aspiring bar owners, I'm sure.

To add a serious reply to the thread:

I think the women (or whatever partners, encounters, men, ladyboys, etc.) are just a part of the whole Thailand experience.

The dominant mindset in Thailand is "relax, there is no harm in enjoying yourself, do what you like as long as you don't disturb others and don't be disturbed by what others do".

This mindset is found in everything everywhere in Thailand - of course it also applies to one's amorous/sex life, Thailand's taboos are much less pronounced than in the West.

Libido playing a very important role in most people's lives, there is little wonder people come to Thailand also for that reason.

Russian same as Thai, need money.

But I agree, not worth living in Russia to get, better moving them to Thailand.

You keep saying that, but it's not what I see and hear.

Let's face it, your experiences differ from most normal foreign men in Thailand (gay or not).

@RC, SB isn't being castigated for being different, he's being castigated for insisting he is normal, and the rest of us are different.

Edited by BritManToo

...let's not discount the ladyboys.

Sound business advice for aspiring bar owners, I'm sure.

To add a serious reply to the thread:

I think the women (or whatever partners, encounters, men, ladyboys, etc.) are just a part of the whole Thailand experience.

The dominant mindset in Thailand is "relax, there is no harm in enjoying yourself, do what you like as long as you don't disturb others and don't be disturbed by what others do".

This mindset is found in everything everywhere in Thailand - of course it also applies to one's amorous/sex life, Thailand's taboos are much less pronounced than in the West.

Libido playing a very important role in most people's lives, there is little wonder people come to Thailand also for that reason.

I agree. 100 other places have better weather and business opportunities and scenery and food and bicycles and temples. So why oh why do so many people deny why they are in Thailand? Everybody knows. Friends in the old country know. Ex wives know. Men's magazines know. The BBC knows and everyone knows they are usually the last to know.biggrin.png

Apologies to the boiler room boys as I don't know enough about that to comment.

Edited by thailiketoo

Yes. They come for the temples and palaces. The poon has nothing to do with it.

Of the people I know here, some came to work, some came to volunteer for charity, some came to see more of the world and make good use of Bangkok's position as a hub of Southeast Asia. Some just came because they've previously visited on holiday and enjoyed the place for it's atmosphere, weather, culture and food. Most are either married or in committed relationships, many with young families - of those that are single, the majority are either female or gay.

Obviously there are a lot of expats who came here for the women - I live off Sukhumvit, you can hardly not notice that - but outside that world there are a whole bunch of people who came here for other reasons. To deny that is ridiculous.

The whole thread is for SB to do his usal and insist that he is different than everyone on TVF in that he a) didn't come here for women B) he isn't married to a Thai c) he is not a Sexpat.

For some reason nearly all his post centre on the same things. Maybe, he isn't aware of the diversity of the people who actually post here. I am, as I have been a member for a fair time, and have actually met a few people. In that group of people, who a number I consider as friends and meet up when time allows there have been 3 Thai Females working in Senior Positions, a number of Oil and Gas Workers, International School Teachers, MNC employees, International Bankers, Textile Factory Operators, Psychologists, Police, Engineers and assorted business owners. In that group none that I can see fall into SB's usual generalisations as mentioned above.

Funnily enough, I originally took a year sabatical after my first daughter was born, and stayed here after . Now 10 years later I am still here. I didn't originally come for work, but decided to move back here with Mrs T. I work in a company that employs 20 Western Staff - all have them have relocated here specifically for work, all of them are skilled professionals, and 14 of them are female.

The whole thread is for SB to do his usal and insist that he is different than everyone on TVF in that he a) didn't come here for women B) he isn't married to a Thai c) he is not a Sexpat.

For some reason nearly all his post centre on the same things. Maybe, he isn't aware of the diversity of the people who actually post here. I am, as I have been a member for a fair time, and have actually met a few people. In that group of people, who a number I consider as friends and meet up when time allows there have been 3 Thai Females working in Senior Positions, a number of Oil and Gas Workers, International School Teachers, MNC employees, International Bankers, Textile Factory Operators, Psychologists, Police, Engineers and assorted business owners. In that group none that I can see fall into SB's usual generalisations as mentioned above.

Funnily enough, I originally took a year sabatical after my first daughter was born, and stayed here after . Now 10 years later I am still here. I didn't originally come for work, but decided to move back here with Mrs T. I work in a company that employs 20 Western Staff - all have them have relocated here specifically for work, all of them are skilled professionals, and 14 of them are female.

We all know why he's writing what he does and it has nothing to do with anything factual.

We all know why he's writing what he does and it has nothing to do with anything factual.

I think he's just walking about muttering "I'm not gay, I'm not gay, I'm not gay"

And the postings here are supporting & helping his denial.

Note to SB,

We're a pretty broad minded bunch here and really don't mind if you're gay, you just gotta let go and enjoy Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo

The whole thread is for SB to do his usal and insist that he is different than everyone on TVF in that he a) didn't come here for women cool.png he isn't married to a Thai c) he is not a Sexpat.

Boy I feel left out. You guys all know why he's writing? I don't. Why is he writing?