Carryboy GMX rear covers for Toyota Vigo 4 door

phuketjock

I had the above sports rear cover fitted to my new Vigo and am very happy with it

except for the two large chrome plated tubes on either side at the front of the cover,

after 4 months they both showed signs of corrosion (rust) coming through the chrome

plating. Went back to the shop that fitted it and after some time they got carryboy to

agree to replace them, now after 2 and a half months rust starting to come through on

the replacement tubes.

The place that fitted the cover has been very good and has told me she has another

customer with the same cover with the same problem, yet carryboy are telling her, and

she is telling me that carryboy are claiming this is the first time they have had this problem.

The primary reasom for this post is to find out if there are any more people with the

carryboy GMX rear sports cover (on any model pick up) having the same problems with

corrosion on their forward chromed tubes??

I would also like to locate the other person in Phuket (I am in Patong) who lives in Kamala

area according to the owner of the fitting shop.

Carryboys answer to my question of what happens now appears to be if there is a problem

with the corrosion they will replace the parts, but I could not get any reply as to how long

they will continue to replace the rusting tubes surprisingly???

I would be grateful if anyone could let me know of anyone that may be having similar problems

Thanks.

Edited by phuketjock