Sale price of 2014 Z1000 green black and silver

Badrabbit

Last Dec. I bought an immaculate (11 months old; 1600km.) farang owned bike at 40% less than the original buyer paid.

Two months ago I bought an immaculate (4.5 months old; 550km.) cy for 43% less than the recalled to Europe buyer paid new.

People tour on bicycles. I have.

People tour Thailand, Cambodia, etc., on 125-150 cc bikes. I do.

I smile when people whine that their liter bike is inadequate.

You can spend thousands on schmancy boxes and bags, but

papa al can attest that a duffel & 2 bungees works spiff.

Who has said there liter bike is inadequate?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OP: "love the bike but since owning it I want to tour, I can't imagine traveling thousands of km's on this bike"

Seems to me that you are suggesting the bike is inadequet for your touring needs, but hell, what do I know.

Edited by papa al

You only need 90K and a guarantor to ride a brand-new Z1000 out of the dealership- obviously it doesn't make the best financial sense in the face of being able to buy a barely used one for a good discount, but that's what a lot of people would choose (mostly through necessity).

Personally, I'd come up with 600K for a new one before buying a used one for 525K (even if it had a few mods) for a variety of reasons- the price would have to be more attractive for me to consider it.

What's considered attractive?

500K or a bit under, IMHO. Still, if I were looking at a bike in that range, I would almost certainly go for a brand-new one over a used one (this is not a reflection of your bike in particular, but any used bike in general from a person I didn't know personally- your bike sounds like a winner).

If I'm a buyer who can come up with 525K cash, I can probably come up with 599K and not have to worry about how the bike might have been broken in correctly or if there's more to the seller's story as far as the reason for parting with the bike so soon after buying it (again, i'm not suggesting you're anything but 100% on the level).

• Like 2

OP: "love the bike but since owning it I want to tour, I can't imagine traveling thousands of km's on this bike"

Seems to me that you are suggesting the bike is inadequet for your touring needs, but hell, what do I know.

That was said not having been any great distance on a bike like this, I will find out soon if what I said is correct or not, I'm sure it will be fine, I was just concerned!

You only need 90K and a guarantor to ride a brand-new Z1000 out of the dealership- obviously it doesn't make the best financial sense in the face of being able to buy a barely used one for a good discount, but that's what a lot of people would choose (mostly through necessity).

Personally, I'd come up with 600K for a new one before buying a used one for 525K (even if it had a few mods) for a variety of reasons- the price would have to be more attractive for me to consider it.

What's considered attractive?
500K or a bit under, IMHO. Still, if I were looking at a bike in that range, I would almost certainly go for a brand-new one over a used one (this is not a reflection of your bike in particular, but any used bike in general from a person I didn't know personally- your bike sounds like a winner).

If I'm a buyer who can come up with 525K cash, I can probably come up with 599K and not have to worry about how the bike might have been broken in correctly or if there's more to the seller's story as far as the reason for parting with the bike so soon after buying it (again, i'm not suggesting you're anything but 100% on the level).

Cheers I can accept what you think, yes I am on the level, the bike has always been driven carefully, I part with everything quickly, I think I get bored quickly, need to be wealthy!! Edited by Badrabbit

Just to clarify as it's obvious some people need clarification, I have never driven any great distance on a sport bike, I was concerned it might not be enjoyable, I hope when I go away it is enjoyable therefore negating the need to actually sell at a huge loss, hope that is understandable!!

Seems like your mind is made up (if an attractive offer is not forthcoming) thanks to many good suggestions.

I hope your advert in the classified section works for you, if not, happy touring!

Cheers mate, yes my mind is made up but the bike will stay advertised, though going by what others have posted it will remain unsold, I am not prepared to give it away for a bargain basement price, actually after all the chatting I am really looking forward to a long drive and trip away!! I think I will get the blaze panniers from Panda, not sure what size they are but they look in the 20ltr each side region which would be plenty for me!!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Last Dec. I bought an immaculate (11 months old; 1600km.) farang owned bike at 40% less than the original buyer paid.

Two months ago I bought an immaculate (4.5 months old; 550km.) cy for 43% less than the recalled to Europe buyer paid new.

what are you trying to mean?

i made also thousand of kms with 150 c bikes but what is the relation? I dont have any viable choices and much money that times and most of the people doing tours all over Asia are either backpackers on budget that cannot buy/rent something bigger or they do not want top spend a lot of petrol money or they basically dont know how to ride a bike and never did apart from a scooter or wave.

But you? what is your reason to ride and tour on a 150 cc bike? Having no money or just being a cheap Charlie or getting old or cannot handle bigger bike?

you feel superior just bc you can tour on 150 cc bikes - with lots of a..s...s ache of course:)

please stay in topic. are you jealous of the guys liter bike or something?

c'mon!

what are you trying to mean?

i made also thousand of kms with 150 c bikes but what is the relation? I dont have any viable choices and much money that times and most of the people doing tours all over Asia are either backpackers on budget that cannot buy/rent something bigger or they do not want top spend a lot of petrol money or they basically dont know how to ride a bike and never did apart from a scooter or wave.

But you? what is your reason to ride and tour on a 150 cc bike? Having no money or just being a cheap Charlie or getting old or cannot handle bigger bike?

you feel superior just bc you can tour on 150 cc bikes - with lots of a..s...s ache of course:)

please stay in topic. are you jealous of the guys liter bike or something?

c'mon!

Don't worry yourself 112 his post does not bother in the least, we are all different in our needs, I love the Zed but was just concerned it wouldn't be comfortable or enjoyable riding a sport bike thousands of km's, I Love driving it so much over short distances so why should it be any different over longer distances, I can always stop more!!

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, where are you going?

Thailand is not that big, if you starts in say BKK you can be in Changmai same day or Phuket if you goes south.

An acttrative price for a buyer can normally be had when the seller is desparate to get rid of his bike, needing money, leaving Thailand or whatever.

Well you don't sound desparate so enjoy your trip on the Zed and keep the rubber side down.

• Like 2

Just out of curiosity, where are you going?

Thailand is not that big, if you starts in say BKK you can be in Changmai same day or Phuket if you goes south.

An acttrative price for a buyer can normally be had when the seller is desparate to get rid of his bike, needing money, leaving Thailand or whatever.

Well you don't sound desparate so enjoy your trip on the Zed and keep the rubber side down.

It will be a trip up to Prachup Kiri khan, then maybe Surat Thani! I'm not desperate to sell just concerned about practicality of a sport bike on a long trip!

I'm going to go for a ride wearing a backpack too see how it feels, I have a very good waterproof one that will hold everything I need, hopefully that will be okay (and yes I have said I don't like wearing them, I will give it a try and maybe it won't be so bad! Just for papa al I have mentioned I will get the blaze panniers but not until I have tried the backpack, so to make it clear, I'm not back tracking!!

Edited by Badrabbit

Think I'll invest in some panniers rather than my addidas bag.travel extremely light but for longer trips a good purpose designed bag or panniers are the way to go. As you said my head is unable to compute a top box. Yuk !

Enjoy the bike . Best I've ever had .

post-52293-0-15081300-1417088338_thumb.j

Think I'll invest in some panniers rather than my addidas bag.travel extremely light but for longer trips a good purpose designed bag or panniers are the way to go. As you said my head is unable to compute a top box. Yuk !

Enjoy the bike . Best I've ever had .

attachicon.gif20141011_150458.jpg

That's very nice, the blaze panniers look good at just under 10k don't know what size they are though, I do like top boxes but not on a Z1000! post-225670-14170884879913_thumb.jpg Edited by Badrabbit

You sound a lot like an other user who kept buying and selling bikes at a whim he also liked fishing and lived in Phuket.

I remember a forza that was outfitted and sold to buy a 700 or 750cc clutchless honda.. cant remember what bike that was.

• Like 1

You sound a lot like an other user who kept buying and selling bikes at a whim he also liked fishing and lived in Phuket.

I remember a forza that was outfitted and sold to buy a 700 or 750cc clutchless honda.. cant remember what bike that was.

I'm sure many people sound like other people, have you anything to add to the thread or are you just fishing!! Many people live in Phuket!! Edited by Badrabbit

I'm sure many people sound like other people, have you anything to add to the thread or are you just fishing!! Many people live in Phuket!!
I think i caught something. Anyway was not an attack. All i can say is that if you want to sell something its the market that sets the price not the seller. If i were you id keep it if you dont want to take a hit.

I'm sure many people sound like other people, have you anything to add to the thread or are you just fishing!! Many people live in Phuket!!
I think i caught something. Anyway was not an attack. All i can say is that if you want to sell something its the market that sets the price not the seller. If i were you id keep it if you dont want to take a hit.

Cheers robblok no offense taken, yes it's now a keeper and looking forward to going away soon!

Oh, it's definitely him- notice the love of exclamation points!!!

I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop...;)

It's definitely who?