Help Me To Understand How You See Thailand

pgrahmm

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....it seems that people like you only remember the negatives written on here. What does that make you ?

A "negative" person would have posted...

The bloody birds wouldn't shut up so I was awake long before my lazy wife, She had previously labored me with yet another one of her chores. When I was out, typically 2 ladies propositioned me; you just can't escape them in Chiang Mai....Blah...blah.....blah....

Funny.....glad to see you have that quality too.

It still does not answer my question though. Those bitter postings, which OP refers to, come from their own experiences, memories. OP remembers, as indicated in his post.....the bitter and angry comments. Me not. Why ?

• Like 1

Hmmm....it seems that people like you only remember the negatives written on here. What does that make you ?

The bloody birds wouldn't shut up so I was awake long before my lazy wife, She had previously labored me with yet another one of her chores. When I was out, typically 2 ladies propositioned me; you just can't escape them in Chiang Mai....Blah...blah.....blah....

It still does not answer my question though. Those bitter postings, which OP refers to, come from their own experiences, memories. OP remembers, as indicated in his post.....the bitter and angry comments. Me not. Why ?

Nope - I don't like to see good threads reduced/lost to bickering and rancor - especially if no reason or justification for it.....there's many people with good positive things and ideas that shy away because of this - I've had people tell me they quit TVF because of it....it's hard to miss if it hits you in the face.....or derails something interesting/thought provoking/entertaining.....

We live a very good life here - why the poison? Makes it stand out all the more.....

Hoping to see some realistic takes on Thailand that justify this......what are they seeing?

Edited by pgrahmm
  • Like 2

Nope - I don't like to see good threads reduced/lost to bickering and rancor - especially if no reason or justification for it.....there's many people with good positive things and ideas that shy away because of this - I've had people tell me they quit TVF because of it....it's hard to miss if it hits you in the face.....or derails something interesting/thought provoking/entertaining.....

We live a very good life here - why the poison? Makes it stand out all the more.....

I know what you mean - there does seem to be one predominant group that shouts down all others at times.

Most expats I know see this place as a bit of a joke, which is a shame.

• Like 2

Secret to this place is meet the good guys then ditch the general forum often as possible.

Its a miserable place and not really healthy.

I never seem to get past the general room. Perhaps David or Mr. Toad would be kind enough to lead me to the other rooms one day and really open my eyes!

Secret to this place is meet the good guys then ditch the general forum often as possible.

Its a miserable place and not really healthy.

I've met Kris ... stand up bloke.

He's got your back.

Can't ask for much more.

ps ... much more hunsum man then his Avatar ... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

There are a lot of negative comments posted about Thailand on all forums but often the comments about the poor record of human rights, for example or foreign deaths, poor policing are actually a positive thing as if those people did not care about Thailand, they would not become involved in her struggle

• Like 2

Hoping to see some realistic takes on Thailand that justify this......what are they seeing?

I fail to see what your problem is. If you don't like the tone of a thread, no one is forcing you to read it. Just try another till you find one you like. Canarysun writes happy threads about train travel in Thailand.

Not everyone has your good luck, so why would you deny them the chance to vent and feel better for it? For many, here is the only place they can go to vent.

• Like 2

I like to write little poems, here's one that's Thai related

Soi Dogs

Their lot is a sad one

Or so it would seem

But in actual fact

Theyve got the cream

No owner to lick

No commands or orders

No house to protect

Or patrolling any borders

They have their own order

A social ladder

Peeing on things

To empty their bladder

Its far too hot for conflict

Just gimmee some shade

A small bowl of water

And Ive got it made!

As for female company

Thats nothing new

The worst that can happen

Is the back of the queue

Oh look! Theres a group

An orgy in the ditch

Its times like this

Im glad Im not a bitch

I can vividly remember

A little puppy boy

Thinking hed be safe

In his own Soi

To venture beyond

And over the walls

Required intelligence

And a whole lot of balls!

Hygiene can be a problem

It isnt very nice

If it isnt fleas or ticks

Itll probably be lice!

So although we have no owner

We are completely free

Doing as we please

Lets have a pee

That does apply...while waiting I took a walk and had a meanacing big black soi dog have a teeth bared go at me.....

Soi Dogs

Their lot is a sad one

Or so it would seem

But in actual fact

Theyve got the cream

No owner to lick

No commands or orders

No house to protect

A social ladder

Peeing on things

To empty their bladder

Just gimmee some shade

A small bowl of water

And Ive got it made!

As for female company

Thats nothing new

Is the back of the queue

Oh look! Theres a group

An orgy in the ditch

Its times like this

Im glad Im not a bitch

I can vividly remember

A little puppy boy

Thinking hed be safe

In his own Soi

To venture beyond

And over the walls

Required intelligence

Hygiene can be a problem

It isnt very nice

Itll probably be lice!

We are completely free

Doing as we please

Lets have a pee

That does apply...while waiting I took a walk and had a meanacing big black soi dog have a teeth bared go at me.....

Get a piece of plastic water pipe and carry that. They'll stay well clear. If I can't find a piece of pipe, I carry big stones to throw at them- just show them the stone and they are off.

Soi Dogs

Their lot is a sad one

Or so it would seem

But in actual fact

Theyve got the cream

No owner to lick

No commands or orders

No house to protect

A social ladder

Peeing on things

To empty their bladder

Just gimmee some shade

A small bowl of water

And Ive got it made!

As for female company

Thats nothing new

Is the back of the queue

Oh look! Theres a group

An orgy in the ditch

Its times like this

Im glad Im not a bitch

I can vividly remember

A little puppy boy

Thinking hed be safe

In his own Soi

To venture beyond

And over the walls

Required intelligence

Hygiene can be a problem

It isnt very nice

Itll probably be lice!

We are completely free

Doing as we please

Lets have a pee

Get a piece of plastic water pipe and carry that. They'll stay well clear. If I can't find a piece of pipe, I carry big stones to throw at them- just show them the stone and they are off.

As a walked past I fronted him - he backed off a little but as soon as I started to turn my back he charged - I was watching & turned around and went straight at him holding my empty water bottle up - he didn't turn tail but stood his ground - I took another step and he sidleld a bit then a step back - I took another step & he backed off further...when we'd stale mated he stayed there and I walked away while still facing him with my upper body.....about 25 feet away he went behind a tree....clearly an agressive not frightened easily animal.......but then - I probably looked the same way to him.....

Edited by pgrahmm

As a walked past I fronted him - he backed off a little but as soon as I started to turn my back he charged - I was watching & turned around and went straight at him holding my empty water bottle up - he didn't turn tail but stood his ground - I took another step and he sidleld a bit then a step back - I took another step & he backed off further...when we'd stale mated he stayed there and I walked away while still facing him with my upper body.....about 25 feet away he went behind a tree....clearly an agressive not frightened easily animal.......but then - I probably looked the same way to him.....

Somewhere between "I took another step & he backed off further..." and "when we'd stale mated..." is when you should have delivered a fast kick square on the nose; the most sensitive part of its head. He will probably still bark at you next time... but he will stay behind the tree when he's doing it.