Thai Army chief says majority supports govt; student critics are 'same old faces'

webfact

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe some are the same old faces, but many more are coming up, and know the truth, all same faces, as in brave students who want a real democratic, working Government, not a make believe, one sided fallacy, that is actually seeming to be more and more a dictatorship.

post-211626-0-76965600-1416995494_thumb.

post-211626-0-80498500-1416995537_thumb.

• Like 1

Thailand as a bottomless pit. The same old faces of dissent and disagreement are imprisoned by military courts as outlined by a USA human rights organisation. The are true but dispassionate:

The New York-based Human Rights Watch said in a statement that Thailand had "fallen into an apparently bottomless pit". "Six months after the coup, criticism is systematically prosecuted, political activity is banned, media is censored, and dissidents are tried in military courts," it said.

Thailand remains under martial law and all political gatherings of more than five people are banned. Violators risk trial in military courts.

'Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

Students with old faces ?

some old face faction how try to disrupt reform process........

A self elected junta made up of a military oligarchy, in any country in the world, who steal the people's vote with guns and imprisonment can not be called reformists except by fascist sympathisers.

When a political party win election with cheating, threatening and vote-buying, when an "elected" use terrorism to silent opponent and kill children, when an "elected" government use extra judicial process for kill some innocent people without trial, when an "elected" government try to topple rule of law and constitution by illegal means, when " an "elected" steal money from tax payer, steal and cheating poor farmers I'm not call this democracy but Shins Dictatorship

All of this "elected" people believe they are above the law, now it's time to change this for Thailand have true democracy........

And work begin and not please to old factions....... First their ally in police begin to loose their influence, some of them have been jail now..........

There were and are far more powerful people than Taksin. That is how he lost power. He challenged and old corrupt power elite and harnessed the popular vote of the people but it was not enough as long as the power elite have enormous wealth guns and utter contempt for the democratic mandate.

North Korean polls also show a high support for it's leader, are we also to believe those poll?

You are right. Wont be a democratic government here for yars to come , just worried how the military are gonna tighten the screws on freedom of speach etc etc

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

North Korean polls also show a high support for it's leader, are we also to believe those poll?

You are right. Wont be a democratic government here for yars to come , just worried how the military are gonna tighten the screws on freedom of speach etc etc

It will be a very long time before there is another democratic election.

Do you two have the same crystal balls?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It will be a very long time before there is another democratic election.

Do you two have the same crystal balls?

Title of the Foreign Policy interview of Professor Thongchai Winichakul:

"Interview: Thai Democracy is Gone and Won't Return Anytime Soon"

See post #58 for additional info.

Majority ... you know ... 48%.

Did you bitch about majorities all the time back in your old country, or did you understand the rules along with the majority of sensible voters, that the political party that gets more votes than any other political party in an election gets the first chance to form a government?...................................coffee1.gif

But not the first chance to disrespect the majority and go against their wishes after the first election.

That is why reform is needed.

Thanks Fab.

Not so! It's why the right to hold an election is needed.

• Like 1

Same old lefty faces still bleat here.... The My Wife told Me Mob... + i live in Esarn.and the poor there gang,,

apparently those without the ability to think critically also 'still' bleat here ??

Not that most 'righties' have the ability to think critically in the first place... whistling.gif

Wait until the westerners become a focus of popular support he tries to garnish- (locally)

Then their Stockholm Syndrome will be cured suddenly….

Thailand hopefully will have free and fair elections in due course .

Common sense does make one suspect it won't be anytime soon .

Though i do hope i am wrong.

The indications are it might be several years .

And holding off revolt that long might not be achievable

Really this is a crossroad

Lets hope the democratic path is honestly chosen

And this time next year or the one after we discuss political choices

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Oh, it's someone else's Crystal ball.

It's an informed opinion, from someone much better informed on the subject than most.

I wonder what information supports the Army chief's claim that the majority supports the government?

It's an informed opinion, from someone much better informed on the subject than most.

I wonder what information supports the Army chief's claim that the majority supports the government?

There are polls that indicate that the majority support the government. And before you burst a blood vessel, I didn't say I believe them.

But that's not we were talking about. We were talking about elections.

There are polls that indicate that the majority support the government. And before you burst a blood vessel, I didn't say I believe them.

Why do you post about polls you don't believe?

On the subject of elections, informed people are making predictions. Why are you belittling them with crystal ball comments?

• Like 1

Why do you post about polls you don't believe?

On the subject of elections, informed people are making predictions. Why are you belittling them with crystal ball comments?

They were making statements with such certainty, they must be able to see the future.

Interesting (and unflattering) text report from US's National Public Radio regarding Thailand current political leaders:

npr.org

....has some quotes from the group; Human Rights Watch.

Thailand's military junta has apparently blocked domestic access to a scathing new report from U.S.-based Human Rights Watch

It doesn't appear to be blocked.

• Like 1

Interesting (and unflattering) text report from US's National Public Radio regarding Thailand current political leaders:

npr.org

Thailand's military junta has apparently blocked domestic access to a scathing new report from U.S.-based Human Rights Watch

According to the Bangkok Post (no link or quote allowed), it was blocked. I suspect a leaky block, the government isn't very good at censoring the internet.

npr.org

According to the Bangkok Post (no link or quote allowed), it was blocked. I suspect a leaky block, the government isn't very good at censoring the internet.

Given I can access it through True in 2 different places and DTAC on my phone, I'd suggest that they're not censoring this.

npr.org

Given I can access it through True in 2 different places and DTAC on my phone, I'd suggest that they're not censoring this.

Perhaps you should inform the Bangkok Post.

So, what did you think of the HRW report?

Can't you access it?

It says everything that you would expect a HRW article to say about the current government.

Edited by whybother

Can't you access it?

It says everything that you would expect a HRW article to say about the current government.

Yes I can access it, but I'm not going to quote officially censored material on the TV forum.

Can't you access it?

Yes I can access it, but I'm not going to quote officially censored material on the TV forum.

You can access it, but go on about it being blocked?