Royal Thai Airlines

frbg

Warning, if you buy tickets online at Royal Thai, it may be that you have completed a contract not with Royal Thai, but with a travel agency. Now if you wont to cancel your ticket, or want to chance the date. Royal Thai write your an letter that your shut contact in this travel agency (with whom you had never contact) to make the change of this dates from this Agency --- even if you're just in Thailand and this travel agency far outside thailand and even when you have already received twice by the Royal Thai information that an email or a phone call at Royal will be sufficient. and a new flight day were already been checked and was OK. Seven day after.

What went wrong here!

Any chance of a translation of this post into an internationally recognised language? Even 'merkin will do.

Easy: if you book your ticket via any OTA (online travel agency), be it Expedia, Orbitz, or others, you have to contact them instead of the airline when you want to make changes. This is normal for every airline. Fact: if you want the best support when changes have to be done you better book directly on the airline website. If you chose to book via a third party you have to contact the third party so that they can request the changes with the airline.

One needs to be very careful when doing an online search using a specific airlines name such as "Thai Airways". There are many "Look Alike" websites that on first glance look authentic but are scam sites by dodgy travel agencies. The website names will have sitenames very similar to the airline...for instance Royal Thai Airlines or something like "Tickets:Cathey Pacific.com" They pay the search sites like GOOGLE for top page listings.

Very easy to get fooled.

A little hard though as I doubt there is an airline called Royal Thai Airlines and at least 3 pages of google search confirm this.

For a second post I would consider it questionable especially when considered with the first. More like the first two posts of a serial rebirther..

Edited by harrry

Any chance of a translation of this post into an internationally recognised language? Even 'merkin will do.

Easy: if you book your ticket via any OTA (online travel agency), be it Expedia, Orbitz, or others, you have to contact them instead of the airline when you want to make changes. This is normal for every airline. Fact: if you want the best support when changes have to be done you better book directly on the airline website. If you chose to book via a third party you have to contact the third party so that they can request the changes with the airline.

I always use the OTA sites to see what is available for both airline tickets as well as hotel rooms. Then I book direct with the airline or the hotel. IF you have a problem I think you'll find having booked direct with the supplier will lessen your chances of BS and hassles. I have yet to find a hotel that won't match any price quoted by an OTA ...makes sense for the hotel as then they don't have to pay commission...and I suspect but can't be sure that booking direct with a hotel will also result in a better room more often than not.

The OTA , especially for hotels make an average commission of over 20% for essentially intercepting business. This needs to change as frankly that is an exhorbitant commission (look at pricelines/expedia earnings and stock price...absurd for being essentially a middleman that owns no hotels, no airlines etc ) to charge but many of the OTA's have become so powerful that they can threaten the hotels to give them pretty much anything they want out of fear of being blacklisted. Keep using OTA's and hotels especially have no choice but to raise the price to pay the outrageous commissions.

BOOK DIRECT.