Pirated movie shown in public

Big LOL yesterday at a high-end resort's weekly public movie night (huuuge screen): When they started it , you could see the windows desktop, and clicking the movie file, it clearly read "www.thepiratebay.se" for the first minute or so into the film.

I mean, how ridiculous is this, when they charge 250 BTH for a chang beer at their so posh bar, but the won't invest in a genuine DVD ( which still they wouldn't be allowed to show publicly, but better than nothing...)?

So beyond my belief...

I mean, I am not stayung at that place but even after several drinks from the bar, asking them uf I could use their guest's internet corner to check my mail, they would refuse.

I cannot say how much that pissed me off and how much I'd like to kick back by blackmailing them...

We once stayed in a small row of apartments near the entrance to the Meridian in Phuket. Settled in for the night. Put on the cable TV and after a few minutes it started to change channel automatically. I walked up to the reception at the end of the row and found the owner, sitting there, bare chested in his arm chair, flicking through the channels to decide what we (he) was going to watch tonight!

Edited by ArfurMaggot