Possible to deposit cash into a foreign bank account?

Thanks. Why in 2014 is it not possible to just slap a grand on the counter, give them an IBAN and pay a fee and just wait for the money to arrive in a couple of business days?

Money-laundering regulations?

That's what happens when you do a SWIFT transfer. Go to a bank, give them the Thai bank's SWIFT number (IBAN is primarily a European region thing) and your Thai bank account number, fill out the Sending bank's forms to make them happy/comply with laws/regulations, pay the sending fee, and your money arrives the Thai bank account within a few days. Standard operating procedure for years.

As long as you have a bank account it's not a problem. If you want to sent someone some cash use Western Union.

I'm led to believe that MoneyGram http://www.moneygram.co.uk/ is useful for this but I have NO personal experience to offer. You may wish to check into it though Lockind - I suggest comparing the fees and timings with those of your bank and/or WU.

Edited by VBF

As long as you have a bank account it's not a problem. If you want to sent someone some cash use Western Union.

I'm led to believe that MoneyGram http://www.moneygram.co.uk/ is useful for this but I have NO personal experience to offer. You may wish to check into it though Lockind - I suggest comparing the fees and timings with those of your bank and/or WU.

To send £1000 with monetgram costs £46 and the exchange rate is poor. Bank best bet I reckon