31st Thailand Int. Motor Expo 2014 - Impact Arena - BKK - 29 Nov - 10 Dec

ll2

Looks like the CB1100 made it to Thailand. I rode one belonging to a friend in the US last year. Very nice bike. The picture of the Honda price sheet is a little difficult to read but it looks like it is priced at 605,000. I would definitely have to remove the ugly windshield and bags that someone has put on the one in the picture.

Nice work, LL. Thanks for the updates.

• Like 1

Nice pics LL2 ! thanks.

The Triumph Street Triple are looking awesome! and super tempting at 420K with 106BHP!

edit: And it's 30Kg lighter than the CB500F

Edited by brfsa2
  • Like 1

As much as I can respect Zero for making what they do and trying to sell them here; I sense that venture might be a little too early much like how Taco Bell tried in Pattaya a long time ago.

There is no electrical infrastructure for electric vehicles and just going by appearances (pretty big line of thinking in Thailand), Zeros look like cheap bikes.

They obviously have a lot of tech in them but Zero really needs to hire an Italian design firm so their bikes are desireable on a visceral level.

For the kind of money a Zero SR is asking you can get a Brutale or a Goldwing.

If the Zeros are 630-870K, what will they charge for a battery replacement?

Edited by ttakata
  • Like 1

Surprised to see the FZ1 at 529K, it's an awesome deal! perhaps the cheaper liter bike in LOS!

it's only 90K more than the MT-09 and 71K cheaper than the Kawasaki Z1000.

https://www.facebook.com/fzclubthailand/photos/a.212917758823929.47006.204990189616686/684388525010181/

10665865_684388525010181_106937829272363

Edited by brfsa2

I think those Scramblers will sell very well; perhaps more than the facelifted for the better Monster.

That MT-09 Street Rally is interesting to look at.

I was never sold on the look of the Hypermotard although it has a great reputation and sure it must be a blast to ride.

Making a street naked look like a motard must be good business....guess I have to wait till I see this one in person to decide if I like it.

Thanks for the pics II2, saved me a trip.

• Like 1

Surprised to see the FZ1 at 529K, it's an awesome deal! perhaps the cheaper liter bike in LOS!

https://www.facebook.com/fzclubthailand/photos/a.212917758823929.47006.204990189616686/684388525010181/

That's a for real price on the FZ1?

I don't know much about what the "SC" stands for, but an aluminium framed 130 hp bike for only 529,000 thb sounds like a steal.

I don't know much about what the "SC" stands for, but an aluminium framed 130 hp bike for only 529,000 thb sounds like a steal.

exactly, it's really a steal. it's surprising to see this price.

I think it's this SC stands for the special edition exhaust,

exactly, it's really a steal. it's surprising to see this price.

I think it's this SC stands for the special edition exhaust,

Between that bike and the Speed Triple....I'd hate to see what the sales are going to be like for Ducati, KTM, MV and BMW.

I know that there's the cachet of owning one of those brands, especially the Ducati, but it sure seems to be difficult to justify their pricing. Of course this downwards pressure on the bikes' prices benefits us consumers. Me likey. smile.png

**edit**

I want to know who is going to purchase a T-Max now....would be fun to rib them about paying more than a proper real bike. Unless of course they're disabled and need the scooter.

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 1

I know I'm a bit biased being English,but I think there's a certain cachet of owning a Triumph(especially here!).

The exotic high-strung nature of the Italian bikes definitely makes them interesting. The sheer German design and technology makes them desirable.

Compared to that...Triumph is a bit...pedestrian. Definitely not cookie-cutter Honda boring, but without the same prestige as the other brands. And I say that as someone who has the Tiger on my shortlist.

But the national pride does play a part. I'd love to see the EBR 1190RX here. At State-side prices +100,000 baht. I'd eat street chicken and rice for a year to be able to buy that without feeling guilty. Unfortunately a pipe dream and thus I am getting what I think is the best thing for me.

• Like 2

fz1 is a great bike imo for that price. a bit aged and old tech but a great allrounder.

also it is a 150 hp bike.

i see second hand low km 2008 model ones as low as 250 k thb sometime. a greater bargain imo. very comfy bike and easy to ride smooth bike for touring and spirited rides. and it is reliable, can use it for long years.

Nice pics LL2 ! thanks.

The Triumph Street Triple are looking awesome! and super tempting at 420K with 106BHP!

believe me, you dont want to get cheaper street triple over street triple r for 40 k thb.

street triple r has 4 piston calipers - street triple has two piston calipers, adjustable suspensions - street triple ones are not fully adjustable- at both ends plus 'r' has screen and belly pan and a couple of extra cosmetics.

r offers much more better value for that extra 40 k thb.

and r is at 183 kg wet so only 9 kg lighter than cb500f still r holds 17.3 liters of petrol!

i m so tempted on street triple r, still thinking if i book one or not.

delivery is in April though for all triumph bikes with price reduction. they said they can only sell the new bikes they will make here for the new prices, not the old stock.

• Like 2

Nice pics LL2 ! thanks.

believe me, you dont want to get cheaper street triple over street triple r for 40 k thb.

street triple r has 4 piston calipers - street triple has two piston calipers, adjustable suspensions - street triple ones are not fully adjustable- at both ends plus 'r' has screen and belly pan and a couple of extra cosmetics.

r offers much more better value for that extra 40 k thb.

and r is at 183 kg wet so only 9 kg lighter than cb500f still r holds 17.3 liters of petrol!

i m so tempted on street triple r, still thinking if i book one or not.

delivery is in April though for all triumph bikes with price reduction. they said they can only sell the new bikes they will make here for the new prices, not the old stock.

And who on Earth will buy one at the old price?,unless they are very desperate for a Triumph now! Or very Rich

• Like 2

LL2, perhaps the extra 40K is worth it for better brakes and suspension, but unless you rider really fast i might not really be necessary.

anyways, why would you upgrade your CBR650 to the Street triple R? it's only 18HP more and better suspension. you can get ohlins for the cbr650 for 19K now.

• Like 1

LL2, perhaps the extra 40K is worth it for better brakes and suspension, but unless you rider really fast i might not really be necessary.

anyways, why would you upgrade your CBR650 to the Street triple R? it's only 18HP more and better suspension. you can get ohlins for the cbr650 for 19K now.

And Its still a Honda. (A good one, mind)

Some more photos. Please check the nice a...s...s on the last photo.

The LP holder makes the a..s..s look unattractive... That would be the 1st thing to come off if I bought it. smile.png

Does LP stand for Leather Pant? If so I agree,

• Like 2

Went yesterday.

I have to say, never like this year were there so many bikes that I'd actually would like to own. CB650F, Triumph T100 Newchurch, Street Triple R (minus the headlights, sorry), Ducati Scrambler, MV Agusta F3 and Rivale, and and and....

MV general manager told me the new Dragster would arrive this week. Really wanted to see it... :-(

The Zero electric bike looked ok, but 600k....hmmmm

Sales guy said test rides are possible after the show in the Chatuchak area. I think I will give it a go.

No BMW and HD bikes? Didn't miss the HD, but I wanted to have another close look at the RNineT, which I think is a gorgeous bike.

Yamaha had a modified new SR with a weird Supertrapp exhaust. R6 much better looking than the R1, imo.

• Like 2

There were BMW bikes but no R nineT, they had the S1000R, S1000RR, a some of their touring bikes. Though they were hidden behind the cars and "bar". Really idiotic location...

The sales person said they have a nineT in their showroom but it's already sold so hurry if you want to see it :)

Another interesting note: when I mentioned that I would be very cautious buying a BMW bike in Thailand because of the many horror stories he said he knows about these but it's mainly Barcelona Auto and they aswell as the proper BMW Thailand are pissed at them. Said Barcelona Phuket will likely have to close the showroom and Millenium will take over.

Let's see what happens in 2015...

At a million baht I will never own one, unless I win the lottery smile.png

Overpriced like so many bikes, the new MV Agusta Dragster will be 1.3 million, the current one is "only" 1.1 million.

I talked to the foreign sales guy and at the moment there are 104 Agusta's on the streets of Thailand, the 2 million baht F4 RR being the most popular.

He told me the buyers are not real riders, just taking their bikes to Thonglor on Friday night.

They are however thinking about opening an assembly plant in Thailand so they can lower their prices.

So maybe in a couple of years we see Agusta's at "normal" prices here.

At a million baht I will never own one, unless I win the lottery smile.png

Overpriced like so many bikes, the new MV Agusta Dragster will be 1.3 million, the current one is "only" 1.1 million.

I talked to the foreign sales guy and at the moment there are 104 Agusta's on the streets of Thailand, the 2 million baht F4 RR being the most popular.

He told me the buyers are not real riders, just taking their bikes to Thonglor on Friday night.

They are however thinking about opening an assembly plant in Thailand so they can lower their prices.

So maybe in a couple of years we see Agusta's at "normal" prices here.

Just saw a cool vid on the Rivale 800 yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=915933568418789&set=vb.100000064629558&type=2&theater

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm the price of the Triumph Tiger 800 XCX? The official price is 575,000 but I heard a rumour the show price might be 550,000. For a 25k saving I will fly down from Chiang Mai to order!

Can anyone confirm the price of the Triumph Tiger 800 XCX? The official price is 575,000 but I heard a rumour the show price might be 550,000. For a 25k saving I will fly down from Chiang Mai to order!

Really did not ask it. 579 k in the price list but just give brit bike a call. I am sure they can speak english:)

I went into brit bike and asked already. They said 575 now. I just heard there might be a special show price and maybe someone there can ask them. I have a friend going tomorrow so he will confirm.