Yamaha Yzf R250

SumetCycle

i think we might see it at the motor expo bangkok end of November.

You probably will see a 250cc with off-road tires from Yamaha, but I doubt that you will see the YZF-R25...

lets see richard!

No Yamaha YZF-R25 at the motor show, but Yamaha quietly introduced the Yamaha YZ-250F (price around 340,000 THB). The Yamaha YZF-R3 will probably be introduced second quarter, as it is expected that the maximum small engine size will go to 325 or 350cc around that time....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Richard....want to make a trip to Vegas?

I could make a killing at blackjack just by doing the opposite of what you predict (hold when you say hit). Considering how many of your claims never materialise....it's not a bad idea I think. I'll cut you in for 15%.

• Like 2

I could make a killing at blackjack just by doing the opposite of what you predict (hold when you say hit). Considering how many of your claims never materialise....it's not a bad idea I think. I'll cut you in for 15%.

Yes Dave, I can remember you said one time that we would never see 250cc in Thailand as the maximum small engine size was fixed at 200cc... and that rules for ASEAN would make little effect for the local market.... and how many months later you bought your Kawasaki Ninja 250R....

So which predictions I really made that did not turned out? Was it the ER6N again, because Kawasaki had selected the Ninja 650R and was not sure if a similar motorcycle would sell, I'm pretty sure you can get a conformation that at that time the people at Kawasaki Thailand had doubts about two 650cc motorcycles??? (of course this was in the early days of big bikes in Thailand).

Yes Dave, I can remember you said one time that we would never see 250cc in Thailand as the maximum small engine size was fixed at 200cc... and that rules for ASEAN would make little effect for the local market.... and how many months later you bought your Kawasaki Ninja 250R....

So which predictions I really made that did not turned out? Was it the ER6N again, because Kawasaki had selected the Ninja 650R and was not sure if a similar motorcycle would sell, I'm pretty sure you can get a conformation that at that time the people at Kawasaki Thailand had doubts about two 650cc motorcycles??? (of course this was in the early days of big bikes in Thailand).

Not sure what you are on about with the 250cc...please provide a link?

One thing that comes to mind is the "IT'S THE END OF THE CBR150R" which you said in 2009 and repeated a year later, are pretty good examples. Oh...and the "there's going to be a 4 cylinder 250 bike". Or the introduction of the "VFR" [sic] you've made. There's plenty more but I am not stalking you; just remember the ones you had about Honda.

The Honda CBR150R was EOL or not, I can ~ and any Honda dealer can provide you with evidence that Honda moved the CBR150R to EOL... I'm pretty sure that even the Thaivisa sponsor Honda dealer can show documents where the Honda CBR150R is EOL.... (EOL as in End of Life). Your idea that the Honda CBR150R was not available in 2009 was actually mid 2008... With the introduction of the Honda CBR150Ri in 2010 at the Bangkok International Motor show (March/April 2010) it was almost 2-years of the market... For instance the Honda CBR150R (without EFI) disappeared from the Honda price list at the 2008 Bangkok International Motor Show (28 March 2008)...

In the Honda 250cc four-cylinder I also write about a single-cylinder and I clearly tell that it's all based on rumors... For the Honda VFR250, yes a lot of people expected that Honda would introduce the VFR250 in Thailand, they already make (even today) make a serious amount of engine parts for that motorcycle... so it was pretty logic to assume that Honda would go for a VFR250 for Thailand (sure I was wrong with that... absolutely).

Actually if find it a bit childish that people like you keep bringing up things I said... Maybe you should figure out why people talk on a forum like this... I not have all answers, I just like you and many other people share things we hear, we think, or things we like to see.... And as crazy as it is people and companies say things this day and tomorrow they do it different... All in the spirit of “This is Thailand”....

The Honda CBR150R was EOL or not, I can ~ and any Honda dealer can provide you with evidence that Honda moved the CBR150R to EOL... I'm pretty sure that even the Thaivisa sponsor Honda dealer can show documents where the Honda CBR150R is EOL.... (EOL as in End of Life). Your idea that the Honda CBR150R was not available in 2009 was actually mid 2008... With the introduction of the Honda CBR150Ri in 2010 at the Bangkok International Motor show (March/April 2010) it was almost 2-years of the market... For instance the Honda CBR150R (without EFI) disappeared from the Honda price list at the 2008 Bangkok International Motor Show (28 March 2008)...

In the Honda 250cc four-cylinder I also write about a single-cylinder and I clearly tell that it's all based on rumors... For the Honda VFR250, yes a lot of people expected that Honda would introduce the VFR250 in Thailand, they already make (even today) make a serious amount of engine parts for that motorcycle... so it was pretty logic to assume that Honda would go for a VFR250 for Thailand (sure I was wrong with that... absolutely).

Actually if find it a bit childish that people like you keep bringing up things I said... Maybe you should figure out why people talk on a forum like this... I not have all answers, I just like you and many other people share things we hear, we think, or things we like to see.... And as crazy as it is people and companies say things this day and tomorrow they do it different... All in the spirit of “This is Thailand”....

Or course the CBR150R carb'd was EOL....but other than some new plastics, as well as a FI system (which you also said they couldn't use!), what difference was there? Same frame, same wheels, same engine below the intake tract....but are you saying that there was NO CBR150R produced and sold in that 2 year time frame?

Remembering what someone did in the past is a good way to predict what they will do in the future. If there was a soi dog that kept trying to bite me when I walked down to 7-11...I wouldn't assume that his past actions can not predict his current ones! To do so would put me in a position to get bit. Thus to start listening to someone who has a consistent track record of having the facts...less than correct...would cause me to believe things...that are less than correct. There's no issue with guessing or reporting rumours. But you, almost without fail, have your rumours and guesses posted as factual information. The old guard around here knows about all this already. However, there are people joining all the time who don't know about your posting history. It's nothing personal about you; I wouldn't know you if I saw you in real life and wouldn't hold what you post against you. But just as you can use this forum as a pulpit to spread your "things you hear, think, or things you like to see" as fact, I can point out that previously your information was incorrect. The 'free speech' works both ways.

Thank you Richard , for keeping most of us up to date with so much inside information.You cant educate everyone. VFR 250 would fit the space left by the Shadow , yes. A 4 cylinder 250 , would be great , but i dont think so. The YZF,s - no green book i take it.

• Like 1

Thank you Richard , for keeping most of us up to date with so much inside information.You cant educate everyone. VFR 250 would fit the space left by the Shadow , yes. A 4 cylinder 250 , would be great , but i dont think so. The YZF,s - no green book i take it.

No greenbook, or in easy terms only allowed on private property (you not even allowed in the forests or beaches...etc). By the way Yamaha Thailand also introduced the YZ-450F, but I have no idea about the price (at the moment)...

Thanks. Although expensive , KTM seems the only company with fully road legal enduro bikes (EXC / Freeride ).EDIT , i may soon be corrected , LOL. 450 price will be about 399,000 Baht.

The 2015 Yamaha YZ-250F and 2015 Yamaha YZ-450F are pure MX / motocross bikes, which I would not recommend to anybody if they not know what that means... I'm not sure but KTM doesn't "officially" sells any MX / motocross motorcycles in Thailand...??

Its only the fully legal ( green book ) models im after , ie , 450 EXC-F (enduro) at 535,000 Baht , compared to a 450SX-F (motocross) at 459,000 Baht. KTM , Chiang Mai , can get both , and the Freeride - trials type bike - officially. Im expecting (hoping) the prices will be reduced when the asean agreement starts to have an impact on trade / import taxes. wai.gifwhistling.gif

Its only the fully legal ( green book ) models im after , ie , 450 EXC-F (enduro) at 535,000 Baht , compared to a 450SX-F (motocross) at 459,000 Baht. KTM , Chiang Mai , can get both , and the Freeride - trials type bike - officially. Im expecting (hoping) the prices will be reduced when the asean agreement starts to have an impact on trade / import taxes. wai.gifwhistling.gif

India is not part of the ASEAN, so I wouldn't be expecting any changes there.

Motor vehicles are excluded from the Thai-India Free-Trade-Agreement... Sorry, not much change that the price will go down anytime soon...