tourist visa extension

my tourist visa (60 days) expires on Sunday.

Does anybody know if I have to do the extension on friday OR I can wait until monday?

Another question is that : if I decide to do it on friday, do they count 30 days from sunday or friday?

I know I should just call up immigration and ask . . . but sometimes, well pretty often, immigration guys misinform, so I am checking here to see if anybody has a right answer for this.

thanks guys.

You should of done it before now. You loose nothing because the extension starts from the end of your 60 days.

what do you mean by "you should have done it before now"? if I don't lose anything...

my question was, I should have said it like this :

AM I ALLOWED TO DO IT ON FOLLOWING MONDAY or I WILL LOSE THE OPTION TO EXTEND?

thank you very much for your reply.

You should of done it before now. You loose nothing because the extension starts from the end of your 60 days.

what do you mean by "you should have done it before now"? if I don't lose anything...

Why wait till the last day. You loose no days by doing it early.

You can be a few days late and not loose the opportunity to do the extension.

In you case where it ends on Sunday you can go on Monday and not a pay an overstay fine. After Monday you will pay a 500 baht fine for every day you are late.

whistling.gif No, you will not be fined if you do it Monday if the date it expires is actually Sunday.

That is because the immigration is not open on weekends, and therefore you could not have done it on Sunday.

Since Monday is the first possible day, you will not be late.

I did my extension on Friday.

The 30 day extension starts the day your 60 day entrance stamp expires. and they always simply add the 30 day extension on to that date.

So,even tough I did mine on the 29th of November, my entry stamp was good until the 16th of December.

My new 30 day extension will now last until 15 January, it's just added on to the 60 day entrance stamp expiration date..

I simply did mine early, as next week is the King's birthday, and immigration will be closed on the holiday.

Also, my monthly pension arrives on the 4th of each month, and I have to take care of that then.

Why wait till the last day. You loose no days by doing it early.

You can be a few days late and not loose the opportunity to do the extension.

In you case where it ends on Sunday you can go on Monday and not a pay an overstay fine. After Monday you will pay a 500 baht fine for every day you are late.

ks for confirm

cool, that's what i thought. thanks for confirming it for me.

mine expires next sunday, so i am just gonna go during this coming week before the king's bd.

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text