Uk passport for my daughter ,

Hello I'm coming back to pattaya next week , we have a Thai passport for our daughter , we want to bring her to England next year , I want to get uk passport , I want to do it myself any advice please .. ? After this we want to do settlement visa for my Thai gf her in the U.K.

I will leave more knowledgeable members to answer the UK passport for your daughter as I am aware that there's more to it than just applying for her passport.

Anyway, first thing first to the second question - how long have you lived with your girlfriend in Thailand?

we have been toghter for nearly 3 years , she as visited me in the uk on a holiday visa , I have all the relationship evidence from our time together

post-222332-0-74659300-1417269542_thumb.

Lovely photo of your baby, Damsurin.

Apologies, I'll rephrase the question, how long have you both physically lived together outside the UK in a relationship? I am going to assume less than two years so move to the next question. Are you planning on marrying in LOS or the UK at anytime in the near future?

Apologies, I'll rephrase the question, how long have you both physically lived together outside the UK in a relationship? I am going to assume less than two years so move to the next question. Are you planning on marrying in LOS or the UK at anytime in the near future?

i have been to thailnd on and off the last 3 years most of the time spent with the tg , I wasn't planning on marrying again as Was married here for 24 years , but if it means getting the tg and baby here I will for sure
  • Like 1

Assuming that you are British otherwise than by descent then your daughter is British; see the first part of British citizenship basics.

Obtaining a British passport for her is relatively simple, see Overseas British passport applications.

Note that you will need to provide your long form birth certificate as evidence of your nationality. If you do not have it, you can order one from here if born in England or Wales. If born in Scotland or Northern Ireland then follow the appropriate link from that page.

If you are not British by birth but naturalised as British then you will need your naturalisation certificate instead.

As you and your girlfriend have not been living together outside the UK in a relationship akin to marriage for at least the past two years she does not qualify for settlement as an unmarried partner.

Therefore you will need to either marry in Thailand and she applies as your spouse or she applies as your fiance and you then marry in the UK within 6 months of the visa being issued and she then applies to remain in the UK as your spouse.

I recommend the former as it will require one less application.

See UK settlement visa basics for more on this and the other requirements; language, financial etc..

For how to apply, fees etc. see the UKVI's application centre in Bangkok run by VFS Global.

• Like 1

All British Passport applications in Thailand are handled by VFS Global on behalf of the HM Passport Office.

YOU will have to go in person after booking an appointment online.

Start here:-

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Overseas British passport applications
How long it takes

Your application will take at least 8 weeks from when it’s received by Her Majesty’s Passport Office in the UK.

Applications may take longer if:

• Her Majesty’s Passport Office needs to ask you for more information or documents
  • the photographs you send are rejected

Don’t book travel until you have a valid passport. If you need to travel more urgently, you may be able to apply for an Emergency Travel Document.

Cost

You’ll have to pay a fee for your passport and a courier fee of £23.01. The courier fee pays for your passport to be sent securely to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied for you to collect.

Passport type Passport fee Total to pay (including courier fee) Child passport £53.00 £76.01

Fill in a ‘Paying by credit card or debit card’ form for each passport you’re applying for and submit it with your application. Your credit or debit card will be charged in sterling.

You can use Mastercard, Visa, Electron, Diners Club and JCB.

How to apply
  1. Download the application form.
  2. Use the ‘Applying for a passport if you’re outside the UK’ guidance notes to help you fill in the application form.
  3. Include 2 identical new photos of you (or your child, if it’s a child passport application). Follow the rules about passport photos or your application may be delayed.
  4. Check which supporting documents you must submit with your application. You must get documents that aren’t in English - including documents showing an address - fully translated by a professional translator.
Making your application

You must apply in person. If you’re unable to, someone else can go on your behalf. You must bring photo ID with you.

Bring original supporting documents and a colour photocopy of each one. The original documents will be returned to you.

You’ll need to book an appointment by email. Include your first name and last name and 3 alternative dates and times. You will receive an email confirming your appointment.

UK Visa Application Centre
The Trendy Office Building,
28th Floor,
Sukhumvit Soi13,
Klongtoey-Nua,
Wattana,
Bangkok
Thailand

Getting your passport

Your passport will be delivered to the UK Visa Application Centre where you applied - you must collect it in person.

They will contact you - using the details on your application form - when your passport is ready to collect.

You must bring photo ID with you.

As you are aware, and to state the obvious, your daughter can come and go at her leisure, dependent on her asserting her right of British nationality. As I said, I'll leave that question to others.

Your Thai girlfriend is a different proposition altogether in this matter, as you are aware.

Thai girlfriend does not qualify for direct settlement to the UK without a legal marriage to you prior to an application for settlement or the successful application of a fiancée visa that gives your girlfriend six months to marry you upon arrival in the UK.

I'm not going to lecture you on the rights and wrongs of 'whatever it takes to get them here' as you're not going to listen to me and I'm certainly not here to judge.

That's the long and short of it, assuming, also, that you are both aware of all the requisite requirements of such an application for your girlfriend.

• Like 1

I will leave more knowledgeable members to answer the UK passport for your daughter as I am aware that there's more to it than just applying for her passport.

Anyway, first thing first to the second question - how long have you lived with your girlfriend in Thailand?

we have been toghter for nearly 3 years , she as visited me in the uk on a holiday visa , I have all the relationship evidence from our time together

edit...

Edited by Lukecan