Ferguson shooting: Darren Wilson quits police force

Lite Beer

Ferguson shooting: Darren Wilson quits police force

US police officer Darren Wilson - who fatally shot unarmed black teenager Michael Brown, triggering nationwide riots - has resigned, his lawyer says.

Neil Bruntrager said his client had been on administrative leave since the 9 August shooting in Ferguson.

The Missouri town and other US cities saw several days of rioting and looting this week after a jury decided not to bring charges over the killing.

Mr Wilson, who is white, said he had acted in accordance with the law.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30266172

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-29

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trying to push this case as "another white cop kills innocent black youth" will never work. There is way too much evidence that Michael Brown went out looking for trouble.

If you want to see racism at work in the justice system, you need to look at something like the Trayvon Martin case.

The quickest and easiest way of removing inequality in the justice system in the U.S. would be to get rid of juries.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Trying to push this case as "another white cop kills innocent black youth" will never work. There is way too much evidence that Michael Brown went out looking for trouble.

If you want to see racism at work in the justice system, you need to look at something like the Trayvon Martin case.

The quickest and easiest way of removing inequality in the justice system in the U.S. would be to get rid of juries.

And Judges. Best just to go with with the conclusions and wisdom of the majority. Like in 12 Angry Men.

Oh, so true. Racially driven mobs would be a much better choice.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If he gets a full pension, no harm done. He would not need to work again unless he wants to. That would be fair as the incident was not his fault.

I wonder why the "article" said Mr Wilson, who is white, said he had acted in accordance with the law?

This AFTER a grand jury did not find any reason to indict him including the lowest possible charge of involuntary manslaughter.giggle.gif

It's a bit mystifying why so many will take the side of a violent bully against a seemingly decent officer who acted in self defence but this just shows how deep the pain is in those communities.

That incident was only the straw that broke the camels back.

You really have to ask why is a black community policed by whites?

• Like 1

It's a bit mystifying why so many will take the side of a violent bully against a seemingly decent officer who acted in self defence but this just shows how deep the pain is in those communities.

My take, and this is mine alone, is that the Ferguson incident is just one of several of the sparks that's lit an occasional fire that's been building up for decades.

The media is making it about black and white, but I believe it's about the haves and have nots. Justice and law enforcement are on the side of the haves, and the have nots are tired of settling for the crumbs.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

And what? Replace the juries with a military tribunal followed by immediate summary execution? I know that the US is starting to look like a tyrannical police state, but it's not quite Nazi Germany yet. I hold out just a little hope for the future.

If he gets a full pension, no harm done. He would not need to work again unless he wants to. That would be fair as the incident was not his fault.

I wonder why the "article" said Mr Wilson, who is white, said he had acted in accordance with the law?

This AFTER a grand jury did not find any reason to indict him including the lowest possible charge of involuntary manslaughter.giggle.gif

Trust me on this: The media will be allowed their feeding frenzy when this goes to civil court, and this will go to civil court.

In America its like a broken record. Black communities hold themselves down from any progress and form their own rules for survival. When the rule of law comes in and a tragedy occurs it is blamed on race giving these thugs an excuse to cause brigandage. Recently there was a black officer who shot and killed a white college student http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/ but the white community did not form together and cause destruction or throw out the race card.

Edited by metisdead
Font

Because, apparently, Ferguson used to be a predominantly white city not so long ago. But wherever whites go, blacks tend to follow, hoping to cash in on what white people build. Until, inevitably, the once white community is turned into yet another black ghetto, whereupon the process repeats itself with whites moving to build yet another community that will need to take in blacks. Eventually, most American cities resemble a supernova, as whites escape city centers, then interior suburbs, then outer suburbs, then exurbs, while the inner cities turn into black holes (no pun intended).

The term used in Criminal Justice Lingua is "Black-Out" and truly occurs. This also occurs as property/houses become older and whites move to newer homes and blacks move into the cheaper housing areas. Then the blacks form a new community.

In America its like a broken record. Black communities hold themselves down from any progress and form their own rules for survival. When the rule of law comes in and a tragedy occurs it is blamed on race giving these thugs an excuse to cause brigandage. Recently there was a black officer who shot and killed a white college student http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/nov/27/white-teen-gilbert-collar-killed-by-black-cop-trev/ but the white community did not form together and cause destruction or throw out the race card.

Cops are doing their best white or black. That said, I have kind of been racially profiled in Memphis in 2007ish. A black cop decided to go out of precinct and target people in a white affluent suburb. I was driving a new Porsche 911 Turbo can and he pulled me over for reckless driving and speeding. Totally bs charges that got thrown out, especially when the judge heard he was 30 miles from where he should have been. Dude hand cuffed me, put me in the back seat and the whole 9 yards.

The beauty of America. Cake business owner whose business got looted in TV now talking about how many 100s of thousands got donated to her for her loses. That is what the US is about so you ninnies should stop your little seeing circle whinning sessions.

BBC... Oh yeah...there's a media source you can trust!

This toilet bowl they call the BBC, has from the very begining

used "killing a unarmed black teenager" in every report of this.

And why not, them's the facts ain't they? He did, didn't he, or are you saying the cop didn't kill him? Everyone else reported the same thing, why shoot the messenger and hang the BBC? You could always stick to stand-up sources like Fox News, but that would likely mean you would have to lose that chip on your shoulder. bah.gif

• Like 1