Air Asia X to restart flights from KUL to London ?

Ricardo

I flew on their last flight out of London

I booked 2 adult and 2 kids 10 and 11 at the time . KL -London Return about 7000RM , I booked it very early . It was so close to them pulling out of London our flight was transferred to MAS for the outward journey

I flew KL to London and back with them in about 2010 and it was a very good and cheap flight, I was surprised to learn that they stopped the route.

However, the LCC terminal at KL (which Air Asia use) really sucks, it's more like a bus station than an airport.

Just an FYI for all. KL LCCT no longer exist. It was demolished and replace with a world class airport, almost in the same league as Changi. Good place to go via now.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by illyjay

Interesting, they just said they are cutting back on Australian routes as of January, they'll still fly everyday but not 2 flights a day in Sydney's case i believe

However, the LCC terminal at KL (which Air Asia use) really sucks, it's more like a bus station than an airport.

KLIA2 came online this year replacing LCCT, big shopping mall with plenty of eateries, shit tonnes of space everywhere, lots of food places airside + hotel

Edited by Jdiddy

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

I flew KL to London and back with them in about 2010 and it was a very good and cheap flight, I was surprised to learn that they stopped the route.

Just an FYI for all. KL LCCT no longer exist. It was demolished and replace with a world class airport, almost in the same league as Changi. Good place to go via now.

Hope this helps smile.png

You Think KLIA2 is a good airport.? I suppose if you like walking it is. I was there 3 weeks ago longer walks than swampy in the early days .

Interesting, they just said they are cutting back on Australian routes as of January, they'll still fly everyday but not 2 flights a day in Sydney's case i believe

KLIA2 came online this year replacing LCCT, big shopping mall with plenty of eateries, shit tonnes of space everywhere, lots of food places airside + hotel

I flew Air Asia in March to the Gold Coast. Every one of the red seats up front was empty. No wonder they charge so much 'fuel surcharge' now.

It was rumoured amongst the trade and on social media last year that Air Asia X were going to restart this route end of 2014/early2015 but it was never officially announced.

Generally speaking, word from airline industry journos is that the routes WILL restart late 2016 when Air Asia X start taking delivery of their new A350-900s. Its expected that the first aircraft delivered will be put on the the London route as again, its rumoured Mr Fernandes was very keen to restart this route, but to possibly Luton or Gatwick as opposed to Stansted.

All rumour, hearsay and educated guesswork :-)

Yes, the old LCC1 (low-cost) really was like a bus garage. It's been demolished, at least 6 months ago.

The new KLIA2is a truly modern airport. It is also linked by rail to the city, just like KLIA.

The downside? At KLIA2 it takes about 25 minutes to walk to the gate, so don't hang around in the duty-free.

Eddy