Ideas for a NSR150SP track bike?

kaorop

Been wanting one of these for a long time and finally got one.

Aim to make it a great showpiece track bike

So I'm all ears, parts, mods, paint jobs, parts you may have, good shops that dont try to rip a farang,

any ideas actually

thanks

AllanB. How much are they? And where is local?

Also strange that a Yamaha dealer has Honda's in stock!

I think Allan is reffering to that dealer In KK which has got a lot of 2 stroke NOS bikes, mostly underbones ( the TZM's they had were sold out a while ago)

A NOS NSR150SP let alone 30 would be a opportunity I only can dream about :-)

Our local Yamaha dealer has about 30 of these in stock, all with 0km on the clock, I think they are waiting for a come back. They were supposed to be pretty fast, so sound like a good basic machine to convert.

I would be surprised if this is correct ^^^

doing the same project as you at the moment but a 150 rr have already rebuilt the motor and currently sanding back the frame and swing arm for painting as was impossible to find a sand blasting machine, Got all the parts for the motor rebuild at a local parts store and they did a rebore on the cylinder for 80 baht.

Have ordered a new set of fairings in the Repsol colours (copies not originals) for 4000 baht . there is a few sites on the internet that are in english to get some ideas (http://www.nsr150.com/1/nsr_mods_3876019.html) this one was a good one about polishing the ports of the exhaust.

The plan is for it to be solely a track bike so may be one day we can get together do a few laps,all the best with your rebuild.

• Like 1

doing the same project as you at the moment but a 150 rr have already rebuilt the motor and currently sanding back the frame and swing arm for painting as was impossible to find a sand blasting machine, Got all the parts for the motor rebuild at a local parts store and they did a rebore on the cylinder for 80 baht.

Have ordered a new set of fairings in the Repsol colours (copies not originals) for 4000 baht . there is a few sites on the internet that are in english to get some ideas (http://www.nsr150.com/1/nsr_mods_3876019.html) this one was a good one about polishing the ports of the exhaust.

The plan is for it to be solely a track bike so may be one day we can get together do a few laps,all the best with your rebuild.

Rebore the cylinder they are still nikasil? didnt think that was possible but for 80 baht.... just thinkin out loud

• 3 weeks later...

cut the white wire wink.png

wait, wasnt that red?

You'll only make that mistake once....

hah! i just spent hours taking tape off and unwinding the twisted together wires and soldering and heat shrinking

then re-positioning the loom and locking it in, (still want all the road electrics to work)

slow going, just so much, well everything, needs being touched in some way!

want to set up a soda blaster to clean up the alu,

going to grab a basket case and cut all the unnecessary frame lugs and mounts off

and work frame up, really the only way to be sure everything is spot on.

You paid only 80baht to get your 150 bored?

I paid 100.

Ripped off again!

No you didnt his mechanic bored a nikasil cylinder so if it was original it now needs to be sleeved or junked.

Its a RR model not a SP model the nikasil cylinder only came with the sp model.

You paid only 80baht to get your 150 bored?

I paid 100.

Ripped off again!

No you didnt his mechanic bored a nikasil cylinder so if it was original it now needs to be sleeved or junked.

Its a RR model not a SP model the nikasil cylinder only came with the sp model.

Ok im brain dead as i thought you were the op.

Nikasil is a trademarked electrodeposited lipophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating for engine components, mainly piston engine cylinder liners.

There, I sound pretty smart, but actually a quote from Wiki.

I do know that lipophilic means it is attracted to oily substances.

Edited by papa al